Raikan007's New Possession tactic: Barca style

Hmm. I was going to post screenshots and endorsement and analysis and all that good stuff. And then a run of bad form happened. Ok, awful form. Lost six out of last eight! I know that its a myth that the AI "adapts" to your tactics I think the AI must be able to try and exploit them, even if they can't magically figure them out. I conceded just two goals over the opening twelve bundesliga matches and just one in Europe.

Needless to say I've now conceded eleven, and finished second in a CL group for the first time ever. Also not going to finish winter champions for the first time. :(

It was so beautiful ...

Things that may be the culprit:

1) Players get overconfident real quick because they get very high ratings even in matches you play poorly due to high number of passes and low numbers of missed tackles, interceptions and so on. You can't bring them down with angering them too, since they're convinced that they are playing liquid football, even when it's losing football.

2) The AI use either fast wingers and a poacher (Dortmund without Goetze killed me like this) or play very narrow and get CMs behind the ball to exploit the high line and passing style.

3) There is no duplicate to Messi :(

Who would you recommend as a DLF for Chelsea? Torres is decent but is only scoring on average 1 in 2. Been trying Tevez but City aren't lowering their asking price.

Currently sitting 3rd, 3 points behind top spot. Playing well, but I'm not scoring enough. Played a match against Swansea that seen me have 88%! possession and about 17 attempts but I could only score 2 goals.

I would get Andre Schurrle, he is pure quality!

That is what happens with possession tactics 95% of the time mate, this one tries to get more goals from chances instead of attempting to rack up passes etc :)

the more you use it the better it should become with correct teamtalks and management!

Hmm. I was going to post screenshots and endorsement and analysis and all that good stuff. And then a run of bad form happened. Ok, awful form. Lost six out of last eight! I know that its a myth that the AI "adapts" to your tactics I think the AI must be able to try and exploit them, even if they can't magically figure them out. I conceded just two goals over the opening twelve bundesliga matches and just one in Europe.

Needless to say I've now conceded eleven, and finished second in a CL group for the first time ever. Also not going to finish winter champions for the first time. :(

It was so beautiful ...

Things that may be the culprit:

1) Players get overconfident real quick because they get very high ratings even in matches you play poorly due to high number of passes and low numbers of missed tackles, interceptions and so on. You can't bring them down with angering them too, since they're convinced that they are playing liquid football, even when it's losing football.

2) The AI use either fast wingers and a poacher (Dortmund without Goetze killed me like this) or play very narrow and get CMs behind the ball to exploit the high line and passing style.

3) There is no duplicate to Messi :(

glad it was working wonders mate! you need to manage the team better though to avoid these slumps, I always say its 20% tactic the rest is management!

1) you need to host pre-match talks and say you might lose etc to make them want to prove you wrong etc
2) tight marking and zonal, tone down the fb attacking!
3) there is not :)

Hey! you started again i see??? your sell and buy transfers are lower then on start post!? :p

tottenham seem a really nice team to start with

wat line up did u start out with tottenham mate ?

Hey! you started again i see??? your sell and buy transfers are lower then on start post!? :p

tottenham seem a really nice team to start with

1) I attend every press conference (when you get into the 15/16 season they really add up haha) and I always made sure that I didn't make games sound easy. In team-talks I usually use expect a win.

2)Will try the defensive switch and see if things improve. If I can get things gunning again I will also show my earlier brilliant run (seriously, I conceded three goals in the first fifteen matches or something).

I will when I am bored with this save! I dont play with lower league teams, I find it boring to be honest! especially due to the fact I cant get in any good staff! I am more stressed about that..

Did a Sheff Utd save, was on top over 15 points ahead in Jan first year, then pc cranked out.

Made a few little changes to movement and passing!

View attachment 226431

-AML is fairly useless, or at the very least the weakest player of the tactic (even though I have my best talent playing the role).

What a shame. I toying with the idea of using Mario Goetze for that role (looking for the ideal formation to use him in).

Great tactic, mate! Have a 15 win-streak, for instance a 2-0 win against Real Madrid :)

Atalanta save....

Just started a save Atalanta, I have always liked them, I found that they are predicted 20th in the Serie A and start off with a 6 point deduction which will make quite a nice challenge for me, Tottenham were getting too easy!

I decided to use this tactic to test it with "smaller" teams, well here are my first 3 results :)

Check the table, 3 wins, 8 goals, 0 conceded 3 points :) lol!

View attachment 227767View attachment 227768View attachment 227769View attachment 227770View attachment 227771

pitch size ? or am i being stupid as barca's pitch is huge so would it be max?

I'm finding the new match engine a struggle. Playing as Roma and so far have been sack 5 times (which I have never been in any of the FM Series) and are sat bottom of the league with 0 points, scored 2 and conceded 10. Fingers crossed this will help.