Raikan007's New Possession tactic: Barca style

Raikan would like to know if you can make the recovery of the ball that holds the club, especially with the 4-3-3 tactics or a line of three as a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3

Raikan would like to know if you can make the recovery of the ball that holds the club, especially with the 4-3-3 tactics or a line of three as a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3

recovery of the ball that holds the club

Hi mate, don't understand your question...

LOL

recovery of the ball that holds the club

Hi mate, don't understand your question...

sorry for my terrible English, I mean it is like recovery or pressure exerted by the ball as does the barça,especially with tactics like 4-3-3 or a line of three as a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, I would like you to give me some advice

high defensive line, tight man marking, high closing down :)

then what is the most suitable role for the aml if it wasn't a ap?sorry for my bad english...

I want to thank you Raikan for this amazing tactic. I used your tactic with few changes, and managed to end the league in the 6th place with Paços de Ferreira (Portugal). For the 2nd consecutive season I reached Europa League Qualification Phase (H) . Before I played with a 2-3-2-1-2 tactic that I found in the forum, and managed to reach Europa League group stage. But with your tactic, I qualified for the Knockout round against Olympique Lyonnais, and grabbed a win away from home (1-2), but unfortunately I've been defeated in the away goals (They won 2-3 in my stadium). I finished 2nd in the group stage (6)

I use your tactic with the same settings for possession and opposition instructions. However, I use different roles for some players and they worked quite well for me (2-0 win against Panathinaikos, 2-0 win against BATE, 2-2 draw against Europa League runners up Celtic, 5 -1 win against Nacional da Madeira[They were performing as the 3rd best club in the league until that game, but their form decreased a lot since that huge loss against me]).

My version:
PositionRoleDutyPlayerComment
GKGoalkeeperDefendCássio or Coelho
DRWing BackSupportDiogo Figueiras or Manuel José
DCRCentral DFDefendNelson RivasScores a lot in corners. Scored 8 goals in the league. I aim my corners to the 6 Yard Box
DCLCentral DFDefendJavier Cohene
DLWing BackAttackSeb Boenisch or Khalil Chemmam
MCRAdv. PlaymakerAttackJosuéGood lad, has a bright future ahead him. You should take a look at him. The press in the game considers him as the new Moutinho.
MCBall Winning MFDefendRicardo Andre or Andre Vilas Boas
MCLCentral MFSupportInigo Perez or Andre Leao
AMRInside FWAttackCaetano or Vitor
AMLInside FWAttackAndrea Gasbarroni
STDeep Lying FWAttackMichelTop scorer of the team, 15 goals. Worth of taking a look too.

As you can see, I changed few things only, but I need to solve few problems.

1) Lack of shots on target, taking into account I generally shoot 20 times per game, generally 7-10 go on target.
2) The defense is pretty good offensively , scores a lot on corners, but is pretty 'wasteful' when it comes to defend. I just cant hold a good positive goal difference because of that. I think the problem is the goalkeeper, the left central defender and the right back. I'm quite satisfied with the rest of the backline.
3) Too much yellow cards.

I'll test some things during the pre-season, and I'll let you know later. ;) No ideas how to solve that?

Thanks in advance.

I want to thank you Raikan for this amazing tactic. I used your tactic with few changes, and managed to end the league in the 6th place with Paços de Ferreira (Portugal). For the 2nd consecutive season I reached Europa League Qualification Phase (H) . Before I played with a 2-3-2-1-2 tactic that I found in the forum, and managed to reach Europa League group stage. But with your tactic, I qualified for the Knockout round against Olympique Lyonnais, and grabbed a win away from home (1-2), but unfortunately I've been defeated in the away goals (They won 2-3 in my stadium). I finished 2nd in the group stage (6)

I use your tactic with the same settings for possession and opposition instructions. However, I use different roles for some players and they worked quite well for me (2-0 win against Panathinaikos, 2-0 win against BATE, 2-2 draw against Europa League runners up Celtic, 5 -1 win against Nacional da Madeira[They were performing as the 3rd best club in the league until that game, but their form decreased a lot since that huge loss against me]).

My version:
PositionRoleDutyPlayerComment
GKGoalkeeperDefendCássio or Coelho
DRWing BackSupportDiogo Figueiras or Manuel José
DCRCentral DFDefendNelson RivasScores a lot in corners. Scored 8 goals in the league. I aim my corners to the 6 Yard Box
DCLCentral DFDefendJavier Cohene
DLWing BackAttackSeb Boenisch or Khalil Chemmam
MCRAdv. PlaymakerAttackJosuéGood lad, has a bright future ahead him. You should take a look at him. The press in the game considers him as the new Moutinho.
MCBall Winning MFDefendRicardo Andre or Andre Vilas Boas
MCLCentral MFSupportInigo Perez or Andre Leao
AMRInside FWAttackCaetano or Vitor
AMLInside FWAttackAndrea Gasbarroni
STDeep Lying FWAttackMichelTop scorer of the team, 15 goals. Worth of taking a look too.

As you can see, I changed few things only, but I need to solve few problems.

1) Lack of shots on target, taking into account I generally shoot 20 times per game, generally 7-10 go on target.
2) The defense is pretty good offensively , scores a lot on corners, but is pretty 'wasteful' when it comes to defend. I just cant hold a good positive goal difference because of that. I think the problem is the goalkeeper, the left central defender and the right back. I'm quite satisfied with the rest of the backline.
3) Too much yellow cards.

I'll test some things during the pre-season, and I'll let you know later. ;) No ideas how to solve that?

Thanks in advance.

great stuff mate, well done!

1) that is normal bud :) you are lucky to get that high! I am getting about 60% on target at the moment which is really high! but its a different style of tactic completely.. it will come with better players!
2) it will come with better players :)
3) yeah, that is also normally a problem, tone down the tackling on team instructions and edit the players instructions to easy tackling as well :) that should help

Hi, i just wanted to say i have just started a new save to test this tactic and i have played about 12 game and i have just lost my first game at home to Liverpool 2-0. Its a nice tactic but i feel the team plays better without the touchline shouts! has anyone else noticed this? I used them in the first half against Liverpool and it was 2-0 at half time and then i took them off and we dominated :/ I am currently Chelsea and my most notible result was 4-1 at home to united (No Shouts). Im going to try and build the team and see how this tactic fares because i do need to replace a few players :)

Hey mate, the tactic shared by you is really good. I have started the season with everton applying your tactics. The results have been sweet uptil now. I think there is some scope for improvement too in this tactic. Altho u have done a great job and i personally thank u for that. I shall upload some screenshots from some of my games till now and show that i havent been scoring much goals as i must b. There have been chances created but not taken. May be that is upon the players being used and their morale + condition. But i have noticed another drawback that the wingers or the left winger/playmaker are not making much crosses into the box. Most of the time they look for a sideways pass or a short backpass or a killer thru ball instead of a simple cross into the box.
So, my suggestions for improvement will be:
1. More crosses by the wingers.
2. Keeper can be used as a sweeper keeper with defensive or supportive roles. That will add up to keep more possesion and the keeper will try to close down angles when opposition striker(s) cut through the offside trap and go one on one with the keeper. Its like using all the 11 players rather than just depending on 10.

I hope u like these suggestions.
Here r some screenies from my recent games:
View attachment 259113View attachment 259114View attachment 259115View attachment 259116

Here you can see how good the tactic has been going on for me uptill now. But you can also see how fewer goals i m scoring even when creating a lot of chances. Just check out the Game against Bolton which finished 0-0. It was a home game for me and i completely dominated the game from the 1st whistle to the 90th minute. Still could not get deserved result. It has been happening a lot with me with games against norwich ending 1-1 . And i have been a victin of conceeding a 1 silly goal against these teams. Arsenal scored from a mistake by my defender, norwich did the same to me and in the game against newcastle , the goal scored by them was a lucky one too. That is cutting off my points in crutial games. :mad: But i hope as the season moves ahead, my players get used to each other as well as the tactic and stop doing much mistakes at the back and start scoring more goals too. :)

Last edited:
cheers mate, it was a not a proper release from me, I had dozens of members asking me to make a BARCA tactic and I did it in like 20 minutes or so, so it is not perfect, but feel free to make the changes you suggested, my tactics are there for you to change/edit and use however you see fit :)

good luck and well done!

Thanks and cheers mate. Keep up d good work. ;)

Thanks! Could you post up your player instructions please?

I can download the tactic and post it if you like Raikan?