Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

Hi Raikan,Ive made a possession based 4-2-3-1 tactic and its working,everything is ok except one thing. no one gives the ball to my striker... I dont understand. Im not scoring enough cause of this. do you have an idea ?

sorry for english.

play a little quicker tempo, push higher up and set the mids/wingers playing through balls sometimes! or make him the TM with ball to feet/mixed/run onto

I was kinda hoping You could give me some tips on how to get better pressing , that would help me improve it , I would have uploaded the tactic as my own but my laptop with FM crashed so i can upload screenshots at the moment , was hoping you would help me out

no worries mate :0 I assumed you were someone else!

next time, maybe try and asking me to check it out if you want me to? not just posting it on my thread and saying here is a tactic for you all :p

kinda misleading!

Hello Raiken007!

I want to thank you for all the hours you've put into helping people towards creating a decent possession tactic and feel proud of it. Well done.

I made a possession tactic: 4-5-1. With a Treq (false 9) as the STC. Please don't hammer me on this, but I'm still trying to get grips with this game, so I'm using it with Barcelona. Here's my issue:

The good stats. (including friendly's)
23 goals, one conceded. 60% possession. 3 - 5 CCC's per game.

The "bad" stats.
Cup Matches vs Sevilla - Result 1 - 0. Total Shots: 35 On Target: 21 (Keeper of Sevilla ended up with a 9.3 rating)
Messi 11 goals in 8 matches. Pedro and Villa being my two main Inside Forwards only have 2 goals respectively from 8 matches. (I would like my Inside Forwards also in the goal scoring stats)

You can take a look at my tactic if you want to and give me some pointers if you don't mind?

Hello Raiken007!

I want to thank you for all the hours you've put into helping people towards creating a decent possession tactic and feel proud of it. Well done.

I made a possession tactic: 4-5-1. With a Treq (false 9) as the STC. Please don't hammer me on this, but I'm still trying to get grips with this game, so I'm using it with Barcelona. Here's my issue:

The good stats. (including friendly's)
23 goals, one conceded. 60% possession. 3 - 5 CCC's per game.

The "bad" stats.
Cup Matches vs Sevilla - Result 1 - 0. Total Shots: 35 On Target: 21 (Keeper of Sevilla ended up with a 9.3 rating)
Messi 11 goals in 8 matches. Pedro and Villa being my two main Inside Forwards only have 2 goals respectively from 8 matches. (I would like my Inside Forwards also in the goal scoring stats)

You can take a look at my tactic if you want to and give me some pointers if you don't mind?
It's a FM12 tactic and you've got FM11. Use FM11 section.
Because the tactics work differently between these versions.

You can try these:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...training/70762-my-messi-barcelona-tactic.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...aining/53502-barcelona-tiki-taka-tactics.html

It's a FM12 tactic and you've got FM11. Use FM11 section.
Because the tactics work differently between these versions.

You can try these:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...training/70762-my-messi-barcelona-tactic.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...aining/53502-barcelona-tiki-taka-tactics.html

Just because I'm using FM 2011 doesn't mean that the principles of possession football does not apply. And I don't want a tactic. I want to create a decent enough tactic without having to use someone else's. So far has this thread taught me more of possession football than any pre-made tactic did and I praise Raiken007 for it.

I used the principles found on this thread, and integrated in my current FM 2011 and it's working. Even the title of the thread is Possession tactic discussion & creation: hints and tips. Just because it has been posted in FM 2012 section doesn't mean that people using FM 2011 won't benefit of it.

Hey Raikan, i know that this is a discussion thread not a tactic thread but i was wondering if you had the download link to this tactic that this thread is based on ? :)

I think you posted it after somebody else asked but i cant find the post :p

heii Raikan need help... I am playing with chelsea 4-5-1 with a anchorman and two inside forward and striker as a advance forward... but i am not creating many scoring chances... plz giv some advice... thnx in advance...

heii Raikan need help... I am playing with chelsea 4-5-1 with a anchorman and two inside forward and striker as a advance forward... but i am not creating many scoring chances... plz giv some advice... thnx in advance...

what are your team instructions?

Please help me getting rid of kicking and hoping. All my defenders are instructed to play short passes (2 clicks for CBs and 1 click away from mixed for FBs). My DM and MCs have defensive mentality with comes deep PPM. But they still hit long balls wether the mids are closed down or not.It's really frustating. Should I instruct my FB to run with ball sometimes to give them more options (now it's at rarely) or just go with modern tactics(currently using a classic 433) with play out of defence shout? Thanks in advance.

Please help me getting rid of kicking and hoping. All my defenders are instructed to play short passes (2 clicks for CBs and 1 click away from mixed for FBs). My DM and MCs have defensive mentality with comes deep PPM. But they still hit long balls wether the mids are closed down or not.It's really frustating. Should I instruct my FB to run with ball sometimes to give them more options (now it's at rarely) or just go with modern tactics(currently using a classic 433) with play out of defence shout? Thanks in advance.

how much creative freedom have you given them? if 0-3 then they will most likely hoof it away! give them a little more

yes that FB setting is a must to help create space

@Raikan : just same as ur short and sweet tactic and i cannot make 100 pass with playmaker...

Another noobish question inbound...What are possession shouts? I've never used them that much when using your tactics. Do they make much difference? And could you post them here? :)

I am not raikan007, but i think that possession shouts are retain possession and get ball forward.

@Raikan : just same as ur short and sweet tactic and i cannot make 100 pass with playmaker...

whats the same mate? dont understand..

are you still struggling to get a player to pass over 100 passes?