Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Thanks for your help Raikan. I think i'm going to make this tactic on the demo and play a few games so i am ready for when the full game is out.

Oh yh...lastly. Rooney as dlp (support) and hernandez as poacher ?
Usually i set my poacher to cross ball sometimes and through ball sometimes, just so he links up more with rooney who will always work hard to get forward in support.

Hi Raikan,

You're tactics are always brilliant and I used them almost exclusively in FM2011. When I get the full game I'm gonna embark on a really in depth season with the mighty Everton. I would ideally like to formulate my own tactic, but I always have problems with the Tim Cahill position.

Similar with the Rooney position, but the other way round, being a midfielder who plays more like a striker. But i wouldn't call him a Trequartista, because he does his fair share of graft in the midfield. And he's not really a playmaker or creative force. Plus he's a master of aerial attacks from nowhere. Dunno why I'm explaining cos I'm sure you know how he plays.

How would you interpret this is the FM12 tactics?

Cheers

Hi Raikan,

You're tactics are always brilliant and I used them almost exclusively in FM2011. When I get the full game I'm gonna embark on a really in depth season with the mighty Everton. I would ideally like to formulate my own tactic, but I always have problems with the Tim Cahill position.

Similar with the Rooney position, but the other way round, being a midfielder who plays more like a striker. But i wouldn't call him a Trequartista, because he does his fair share of graft in the midfield. And he's not really a playmaker or creative force. Plus he's a master of aerial attacks from nowhere. Dunno why I'm explaining cos I'm sure you know how he plays.

How would you interpret this is the FM12 tactics?

Cheers
hey bud, glad to hear that :) and I am glad most of them worked!

I dont think he should play Amc as he lacks creativity and flair and a bit of pace and none of the roles really suit him! I suggest playing him Box to box with the following settings/similar settings...

He already has the PPM's: Gets forward whenever possible and gets into opposition area :) which are essential for this role!

I suggest asking Saha or a new strong type striker to try and hold up the ball for him to join attacks and link up! You must make him the TM - ball to head settings and set your wingers/fullbacks to cross to him using the floating option as when he arrives in late (like he does) they will pick him out from out wide, but also when played through the middle, the striker should hold it up for his support, he will probably play it out wide and make those dangerous runs into the box like he does :)

Role and PI's:

View attachment 198655

Thanks, will watch my previous games later.. Will let u know.. Cheers n thanks..

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Hi, done watching several games which i concede a lot of CCC. Not a right side problem though, but my defenders marking are really really bad. Balls n opponent got past quite easily. I use tight man marking for all my 4 defenders, zonal marking for my BWM, and overall man marking for the rest..

Should i use zonal instead.? Any particular instruction for defenders.?
how high is your d-line? are you playing the trap? dont set your Cb's to man marking ever :) only your wide players must be man marking!!

Hi mate,

any help you cloud give would be much appriciated. i am in a season with arsenal playing a 4114 formation with wingers. i signed oscar cardozo beacase his stats are amazing, only problem is he ist scoring as much as his stats suggest he should. his suggested role from my coaches is deep lying foward attack duty, i dont think his stats suit this role and when RVP is back from injury he will be playing the DLF role. what role would you suggest for cardozo ? should he be set to in the team settings as target man ?

also how wide do you think my team should be playing with a an anchorman defend and a CM support in the middle with 2 wingers.

thanks

Rob

hey bud, Cardozo should be played as Complete - Support or DLF - Support, you can make him your playmaker and set him to drop deep, play through balls often and long shots sometimes!

not too wide considering you only have two in the centre correct? exactly halfway should suffice :)

hi Raikan, I'm using my own 4-2-4 with Utd and still play FM 11, havent touch the demo yet but will buy FM12 once it's out. I know u have make lots of good tactics but I dont want to use others' tactic and have a few question and hope u can help me:
1. my big problems with playing 4-2-4 is when I face teams that use 3 midfield ( 4-2-3-1 , 4-3-3 variants,) and narrow formation such as 4-1-2-1-2 . Vs 4-5-1 and it's variants (4-1-2-2-1 or how you call it) we really struggle in possession especially on away game, although they don't create a lot CCC, but if we dont have the ball we can't score and win. For example when away game vs Chelsea (they use 4-3-3) we won 2-0, but they dominate the game and have lots of shot although most are long shots, we have only 3 shot on goal and lucky to score 2 goals, but I'm not happy with this! Also fckin hate formation that use AMC such as 4-2-3-1. They focus ALL of their attack through theiir AMC (which is really lame and one dimensional) but their AMC make LOTS of key pass that tear my defense apart. I have tried all sorts of OI to their AMC but it doesnt work, I decided not to give OI and he still tearing my defences. So my question is how do you play against teams with 3 midfield especially big teams nowadays often use 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 which is really frustrating.

2.I see you set the wingers to 'move into channel' . I wonder how is their movement in game(are they making lots of crosses or killer balls) because from all the tactic in this site I never see a winger that move into channel.

hi Raikan, I'm using my own 4-2-4 with Utd and still play FM 11, havent touch the demo yet but will buy FM12 once it's out. I know u have make lots of good tactics but I dont want to use others' tactic and have a few question and hope u can help me:
1. my big problems with playing 4-2-4 is when I face teams that use 3 midfield ( 4-2-3-1 , 4-3-3 variants,) and narrow formation such as 4-1-2-1-2 . Vs 4-5-1 and it's variants (4-1-2-2-1 or how you call it) we really struggle in possession especially on away game, although they don't create a lot CCC, but if we dont have the ball we can't score and win. For example when away game vs Chelsea (they use 4-3-3) we won 2-0, but they dominate the game and have lots of shot although most are long shots, we have only 3 shot on goal and lucky to score 2 goals, but I'm not happy with this! Also fckin hate formation that use AMC such as 4-2-3-1. They focus ALL of their attack through theiir AMC (which is really lame and one dimensional) but their AMC make LOTS of key pass that tear my defense apart. I have tried all sorts of OI to their AMC but it doesnt work, I decided not to give OI and he still tearing my defences. So my question is how do you play against teams with 3 midfield especially big teams nowadays often use 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 which is really frustrating.

2.I see you set the wingers to 'move into channel' . I wonder how is their movement in game(are they making lots of crosses or killer balls) because from all the tactic in this site I never see a winger that move into channel.

hey bud :)

1) drop the 1 striker in your 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 (as I like to call it) to either a 3rd Cm or even a Dm, play them at their own game, have at least one destroyer, one cm-support and one sort of player who can get the ball out wide to your wingers :) if they use the Amc then set your the Dm or Cm's to man mark him tightly and hard tackle, have at least 2 players on him at all times

2) It is really good, it is one of my own tactical tweaks I have made, they are also on Support duty and not attack :) they do both as I ask them to do both :)

hey bud :)

1) drop the 1 striker in your 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 (as I like to call it) to either a 3rd Cm or even a Dm, play them at their own game, have at least one destroyer, one cm-support and one sort of player who can get the ball out wide to your wingers :) if they use the Amc then set your the Dm or Cm's to man mark him tightly and hard tackle, have at least 2 players on him at all times

2) It is really good, it is one of my own tactical tweaks I have made, they are also on Support duty and not attack :) they do both as I ask them to do both :)

How do you face the 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 without changing the formation?Because sacrificing the striker will make you less threatening (and do you do it all the time when facing formation with 3 midfielders?).

How do you face the 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 without changing the formation?Because sacrificing the striker will make you less threatening (and do you do it all the time when facing formation with 3 midfielders?).

don't be fooled, it won't, depending on your PI's for the rest of the positions, you can always ask your wingers to play more attacking and cutting in to support the striker, the one Cm can be made to play like Cahill does in arriving late as a second striker...

but if you dont want to then either play really wide and quick or narrow but if you play an attacking Cm you will have to replace him with a more defensive type player, just remember with a 4-4-2 you have 4 attackers already (2 wingers and 2 strikers) you do not need one of your central mids joining attacks too much as this leaves gaps...

playing Napoli
im trying a more direct, creative, attacking (counter is on)tactic and Im not sure how to play Hamsik as I already use 2 cms (support roles - Inler and Donadel (cmd or bwm)) Im not sure about Pandev either. My strikers are Cavani cfws and Lavezzi poacher (these 2 score a lot).
My defenders are fernandez fbd (will probably change him with Maggio as wba ), cannavaro cds, britos cdd and dossena wba
so any tips on how to organise my midfield? or anything else if you have experience with them because I dont

Hey bud, I have used him in the Cm position for most of the games but I recently moved him across to the Aml position as advanced playmaker - attack and set him as playmaker and this is what happened:

Player role/Personal instructions:

View attachment 198660View attachment 198661View attachment 198662
Napoli already have a good midfield no with Inler and a few others and they lack Wingers, especially on the left (you can Andres Guardado - Deportivo for £1.8m in the demo as he is transfer listed :) )

Pandev can be rotated with either Lavezzi or Hamsik - same roles same everything, maybe just remove him as playmaker when he is at Aml

it was quite a close game but you did play against a better opponent and away

yeah, it was Chelsea at Stamford :) I had 3 CCC's they had 1 and scored twice... plus I had 51%

hows the tactic coming along?

you really should let Inler do long shots more often
he does score from time to time ( I think a lot of his shots are on target)
and shouldnt Lavezzi cut inside?

Last edited:
how high is your d-line? are you playing the trap? dont set your Cb's to man marking ever only your wide players must be man marking!!

My d-line is normal (slider right at the middle). No offside trap... Marking system noted.. LOL Thanks

you really should let Inler do long shots more often
he does score from time to time ( I think a lot of his shots are on target)
and shouldnt Lavezzi cut inside?
It is not the role I want him to play :) I have set roles in my tactics and if he were to shoot to often the structure/game plan would not work as well.. he does have a great shot, he still does score a few for me though...

Latest result vs Fc Kobenhavn:
View attachment 198667

thanks for the response mate, ok i will try an persist with him in the DLF role even though he isnt scoren at the moment , his stats suggest he should be a goal machine. with cardozo playing the DLF role what role would you suggest for van persie alonside him ?

thanks again

Rob

thanks for the response mate, ok i will try an persist with him in the DLF role even though he isnt scoren at the moment , his stats suggest he should be a goal machine. with cardozo playing the DLF role what role would you suggest for van persie alonside him ?

thanks again

Rob
I would play RVP as a Complete Forward - Attack or even a Hernadez type Poacher if you like but with long shots and a little more creative freedom..