Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

******* ****** f***ing conceding from corners!! Any one found a way to defend these better? Nothing I do is working and its really starting to **** me off.

> FM > Quit Game and Exit is my final solution

hahahaa, sorry to hear that mate! are you not using my Might and Magic tactic as well?

to be honest I have not conceded too many from set pieces.. if you are using the M&M tactic I shall take a look at the set pieces to see if there is something wrong....

sorry mate, it must be frustrating!

hahahaa, sorry to hear that mate! are you not using my Might and Magic tactic as well?

to be honest I have not conceded too many from set pieces.. if you are using the M&M tactic I shall take a look at the set pieces to see if there is something wrong....

sorry mate, it must be frustrating!

Using your M&M tactic on a different save. This one is my own tactic. I'm Man Utd and have the likes of Smalling, Vidic, Jones, Evans, Felliani all back for set pieces but I'm still conceding. I'll look at your set piece settings on M&M and maybe copy them over to see if I have any more luck

If you like a narrow type formation this is what I suggest setting up like...
View attachment 199169

of course the roles will change according to your players but having the two Amc (Kagawa and Gotze) will be your focal point, have them play 1 2's amongst themselves and make them drop deep to get the ball or even ask Gotze to drop deep and play it (through balls often) forward to Kagawa who makes forward runs (run from deep and run with ball) along with your striker so Kagawa will act as your 2nd striker as he is quite deadly... I will delve into player PI's later if you would like me to or even create one for you :)

Ah cool, I will try that when I load FM up later then, cheers :) And na it's cool, you've helped alot already :p I'll have a mess around with the PI's and test them out, got a few easy games coming up if I remember right so will be able to fiddle. Thanks for the help thou :D

Hello! Thought to check with you how to scouting players when you play with a team of them lower division. Thus, tips on good techniques when scouting players?

any luck Knowles91?

Hello! Thought to check with you how to scouting players when you play with a team of them lower division. Thus, tips on good techniques when scouting players?
filter unrealistic targets mate :) thats it really!

Hi Raikan,
Thanks for all the advice you gave last week. I have now changed strategy from attacking to control and also from direct passing to short passing. I was just wondering to make this tactic even better how far away from each other should the players be. I currently have a rule of two mentality:- GK(6), FB(8), CB(6), DM(6), AM(14), W(16), DLF(12), P(16). I'm not sure whether to reduce this to a rule of one mentality so they are even closer.

I've also changed the closing down to the following:-

GK - 10
CB - 10
FB- 14
DM - 16
AM - 10
W - 20
DLF- 20
P - 10

All of the players creative freedom is set to 0 with the exception of the AM who has his creative freedom set to 10.

All of the players are set to long shots rarely.

Defensive Line - 7
Tempo - 10 (may reduce this futher to make it slower)
Time Wasting - 10
Width - 20 (max)
Passing - Focus Down Both Flanks

As you know I am still currently using FM11.

hey bud, its a pleasure :) how has your game changed since the changes? for the better or is it still not working that well?

what is the Am's creativity stat? if out of 20 put the exact amount of "click" on his PI to what his stat is :) thats always a good reference point...

try decreasing your width to at least 14-16 so not all your attacks or soley focused on going out wide... have a bit of a mixture to create different chances or exploit different avenues...

conceeding 52 goals as apposed to 55 so it's improving ever so slightly.

AM's creative stat is = 16

Do you think the players should be even closer together? GK - 6, FB - 10, CB(cover) - 6, CB(Stopper) - 8, DM - 9, W- 10
AM - 12, DLF - 11, P- 13 rather than what I currently have them. so they have passing options available to them my 5 attacking players have run from deep set to rarely.

you will have to change your width to allow them to play closer together... I dont advise going all out wing attack in Fm as its not that effective in comparison to changing it up a bit and focusing on more than 1 area of attack!

Cb's should only close down in their area as you are playing a deep line, you dont want them pushing to far upfield, I think a 3 or 4 is sufficient for them!

leave your poacher at 0 as you dont want him out of position when you get the ball in a good area! he must not do any defensive work whatsoever :)

nor really your Am (I take it that is the Amc) how are you lining up?

I used to play with inside forwards so it was like a 4-2-2-2 formation but have now reverted back to a typical 4-4-2. With the following roles

GK - Keeper(defend)
FB - Full Bk (Support)
FB - Full Bk (Support)
CB - Cover (Defend)
CB - Stopper(Defend)
W - Winger(Attack)
W - Winger(Attack)
CM - Centre Midfield(Defend)
CM - Centre Midfield(Support) - This is the more creative midfielder
FW - Deep Lying Fwd (Support)
FW - Poacher (Attack)

I think I will change press more to stand off more because of my low defensive line. And maybe change the tempo right down to 0

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Run From Deep:

FB & DLF - Sometimes
All other players rarely

Long Shots:
All Players rarely

Through Balls
DLF & AM - Often
FB, W, P - Sometimes
CB, DM - Rarely

Forward Runs:
FB, AM, W, P, DLF - Sometimes
CB, DM - Rarely

Cross Ball:
FB,W, P, DLF - Sometimes
AM,DM,CB - Rarely

Cross From
FB,W,DLF - Mixed
P - Byline
AM,DM,CB - Deep

Wide Play
CB.DM,AM,FB - Normal
W,P,DLF - Move into channels

Tight Marking:
CB, DM, FB - Yes
AM,W,P,DLF - No

can you post a SS? much easier to comprehend and read :)

get your Fb to cross from deep, you dont want them going to far forward occassionally.
your Am should be moving into channels and roaming from position and cross from mixed not deep
wingers should be set to tight marking and your Dlf
am forward runs never (this makes him drop deeper into the cm to pick up the ball then your Dlf will drop into the pocket and link up the play)

NB: having a central Am (Amc) and a Dlf are not a good idea together as they tend to occupy the same space and become innefectual..
I suggest having a Complete forward and the poacher and ask them both to run from deep often instead!

The main thing I seem to struggle with is getting the players mentality and their closing down right.

play narrower and higher up, use hassle opponents and use pressing but zonal marking...

I'll upload the screenshots for you mate - because they will probably explain it better than me lol

Hey Raikan, im currently managing spurs and trying to make them become the best team in the world. So far it is working, using one of houghs tactics.

Could you reccomend a good right and left back i could buy? My assistant is suggesting van der wiel though i have never bought him before so i dont know if i should get him? I don't mind them being young or old (ish) as long as they have the potential to be great.

Hey Raikan, im currently managing spurs and trying to make them become the best team in the world. So far it is working, using one of houghs tactics.

Could you reccomend a good right and left back i could buy? My assistant is suggesting van der wiel though i have never bought him before so i dont know if i should get him? I don't mind them being young or old (ish) as long as they have the potential to be great.
hey bud :) glad to hear that!

how much do you have to spend? Van der Wiel is good but there are better players out there... Cesar Azipulcueta, Danilo, Srna, Sebastian Corchia, Daniel Schwaab, Gonzalo Castro, Sime Vrjlsko etc etc

hey bud :) glad to hear that!

how much do you have to spend? Van der Wiel is good but there are better players out there... Cesar Azipulcueta, Danilo, Srna, Sebastian Corchia, Daniel Schwaab, Gonzalo Castro, Sime Vrjlsko etc etc

ahh ****, i had the chance to get azpilicueta but my scout told me he wasn't as good as corluka so i cancelled the deal.....although i bought mangane instead to partner chiellini as my cb's. Not sure how much i have to spend yet, last game of the season. I will get back to you. I have heard of corchia, is he the best out of those you have mentioned?

ahh ****, i had the chance to get azpilicueta but my scout told me he wasn't as good as corluka so i cancelled the deal.....although i bought mangane instead to partner chiellini as my cb's. Not sure how much i have to spend yet, last game of the season. I will get back to you. I have heard of corchia, is he the best out of those you have mentioned?
Srna is the best but I assume you are least 2 years in to be able to afford those players??

what year are you in?