Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Hi Raikan! I'm a big fan, you've single-handedly made me the manager I am today! :)
Just wondered if you could help me. Please could you recommend a good tactic for 2 strikers with an attacking mid just behind them in a possible 4-1-3-2 formation? I've been using your Awesome AMC tactic (with a poacher up front) and it has worked like a charm. But i just bought a world class striker (poacher) in the summer and need to find a way to fit him in while still keeping the 2 wingers and an attacking mid. Thanks in advance for your help.

hey bud, its a pleasure :) glad to help!

do you still want wingers? as that could be a little too attacking with one Dm and 5 upfront?

this is a tactic I made ages ago for Ajax, you can push up the central Cm to the Amc position and see how that goes :)

203776d1321537369-compact-impact%99-raikan007-afc-ajax-team-selection_-overview-.png

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...aining/86705-compact-impact%99-raikan007.html

Its from older patches but I dont see it being a problem :) do you like playing possession/Barca style as well? if you do, you could always try this?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...session-ccc-tactic-raikan007.html#post1493119

Hi there bud, been a long time admirer of your work! I was jus wondering have you ever done anything based around a 3 man defence? Whether that being a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 with wingbacks??

I've been toying with the idea for a while now and would like to hear any thoughts/advice/suggestions you have surrounding this!

More from an attacking/control point of view although a counter strategy could probs suit this more aptly possibly??

Cheers in advance for anything you could thnk of!!

And again, keep up the good work :)

Hi there bud, been a long time admirer of your work! I was jus wondering have you ever done anything based around a 3 man defence? Whether that being a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 with wingbacks??

I've been toying with the idea for a while now and would like to hear any thoughts/advice/suggestions you have surrounding this!

More from an attacking/control point of view although a counter strategy could probs suit this more aptly possibly??

Cheers in advance for anything you could thnk of!!

And again, keep up the good work :)

hey bud, welcome :)

I have never myself, however I have tried the 3 cb's and wb's in one or two games but nothing serious at all.. I will never play with 3 defenders only ;)

You could easily play a quick/attacking/wide style with your cm's being quite defensive (one even a DLP to assist in playing it outwide for your wingers and wingbacks overlapping each other)

you could even use inside forwards and ask them to cut inside while having the wingbacks crossing from byline (which will make them overlap while adding extra attacking through the middle (supporting striker/strikers) and then having the width of quick wing backs galloping out wide...

If you use defensive type mids they will drop back and help cover the width (you must select man marking/tight marking) for this so if opp wingers/fullbacks get passed they will jockey the opp and hopefully allow the wingbacks to get back into position and assist with defence!

there are hundreds of other idea's though, but I would probably try something like that! :)

good luck

Quick response and always to the point, you never fail to impress sir!!

Cheers for the advice there, I'll be certain to post any successi have if i do go ahead with the 3 at the back!

Cheers again, take care!!

Quick response and always to the point, you never fail to impress sir!!

Cheers for the advice there, I'll be certain to post any successi have if i do go ahead with the 3 at the back!

Cheers again, take care!!

cheers bud, glad to be of assistance :)

what tactics?

will send you a link to a new tactic shortly :)

Yeah. The new Fuss one? I could give it a shot. I used your Swoop There It Is, Awesome AMC and Compact and Impact with the USA. Swoop worked best so far, but playing on the counter leaves me uncomfortable. I like possession I guess. Also, aside from Donovan and Dempsey, USA doesn't really have any good wide players.

Any suggestion to getting a player in my team to make more than 100 passes?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right section for my question but if its not please let me know and I will move it to the correct place.

I am looking for help with giving my players instructions to get the best out of them for the formation I play, like which players should be set to run from deep, run with ball, closing down whole pitch etc.

I want to score goals as well as not conciding too many and I would like to dominate possesion against teams. I have attached my formation and current starting 11, any help would be MUCH APPERCIATED!!

I was thinking about setting M'villa and Vidal to the carrick role you talked about.View attachment 250110

Last edited:
What club are you manageing? What year is it? Whats ur budget?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right section for my question but if its not please let me know and I will move it to the correct place.

I am looking for help with giving my players instructions to get the best out of them for the formation I play, like which players should be set to run from deep, run with ball, closing down whole pitch etc.

I want to score goals as well as not conciding too many and I would like to dominate possesion against teams. I have attached my formation and current starting 11, any help would be MUCH APPERCIATED!!

I was thinking about setting M'villa and Vidal to the carrick role you talked about.View attachment 250110

check the above post :)

More Vidal thank Yann but they both could work ;)

Hey Raikan, do you have a 4-2-3-1 tactic that you use or know about. I really want to have a tactic, kinda Germany style were the AML & AMR dont really run down and cross they cut inside and play through balls,the tactic would be primarily about cutting open defences like Germany in wc2010. Any help would be much appreciated thankyou :) oh and also have tried myself but just cant get it right.

Hey Raikan, do you have a 4-2-3-1 tactic that you use or know about. I really want to have a tactic, kinda Germany style were the AML & AMR dont really run down and cross they cut inside and play through balls,the tactic would be primarily about cutting open defences like Germany in wc2010. Any help would be much appreciated thankyou :) oh and also have tried myself but just cant get it right.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ining/92151-raikan007s-awesome-amc-433-a.html

ask the wingers to cut inside :)

Hey Raikan, started a game with Arsenal and I can't decide between Swoop and Awesome AMC.

Currently trying Swoop but it's not working to my satisfaction.
RvP seems invisible 75% of the time or misses because of 'Shoots with power'.

------------------- RVP
Willian----------------------------GGaitan
------------Arteta----- Ze Roberto
-------------------Song
Santos--Vertonghen-----Kosc------Sagna
-------------------Sczez

In:
Ze Roberto Free (Nice tutor and main DLP)
Vertonghen 10m
Willian 12.5m
Gaitan 16m
Vrsajlko 3.5m
Joel Valencia 1m
Fierro 1.4m
Erick Torres 3.5m

Out:
Djourou, Chamakh, Almunia, Rosicky

Gervinho, OX and Yossi as backup IF's and Walcott as backup poacher

Should I get Eriksen for 16+ mil? Or Fellaini, I'm unsure about his low tackling (13) though.

Any tips?

Hey Raikan, started a game with Arsenal and I can't decide between Swoop and Awesome AMC.

Currently trying Swoop but it's not working to my satisfaction.
RvP seems invisible 75% of the time or misses because of 'Shoots with power'.

------------------- RVP
Willian----------------------------GGaitan
------------Arteta----- Ze Roberto
-------------------Song
Santos--Vertonghen-----Kosc------Sagna
-------------------Sczez

In:
Ze Roberto Free (Nice tutor and main DLP)
Vertonghen 10m
Willian 12.5m
Gaitan 16m
Vrsajlko 3.5m
Joel Valencia 1m
Fierro 1.4m
Erick Torres 3.5m

Out:
Djourou, Chamakh, Almunia, Rosicky

Gervinho, OX and Yossi as backup IF's and Walcott as backup poacher

Should I get Eriksen for 16+ mil? Or Fellaini, I'm unsure about his low tackling (13) though.

Any tips?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...mplete-madness-tactic-433-dm.html#post1523750

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...session-ccc-tactic-raikan007.html#post1493119

with AMC one as well :0 rotate them! good luck, good signings