Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Thank you so much! I didn't know that individual talks could be that important. My team is like totally transformed on the playground!

Nevertheless I've got a question. Sometimes some of my players get the notice "a l'air trop sûr de lui" (I'm French and I don't know the exact translation of this, but it might be something like "seems to be overconfident"). I hope you see what I'm talking about. So the question is what to say when it happens (half-time and full-time).

Thanks for your help.

Thank you so much! I didn't know that individual talks could be that important. My team is like totally transformed on the playground!

Nevertheless I've got a question. Sometimes some of my players get the notice "a l'air trop sûr de lui" (I'm French and I don't know the exact translation of this, but it might be something like "seems to be overconfident"). I hope you see what I'm talking about. So the question is what to say when it happens (half-time and full-time).

Thanks for your help.

cheers mate, glad its helping :)

you mean under body language?

I would say that that they can do better

Never really had a problem with team talks, but one thing that always baffled me was for example -
Managing Man U, beat city 5-0 Rooney gets a hattrick, I passionately tell the team they played really well, they all react well but Rooney "seems to lose focus" why do ya reckon that is? Doesn't have to be Rooney or utd so it's bot just a specific thing, it seems to be like that for most strikers.

Cheers

Steve

Without raikan guides at least 50% people would give up with this game.

This guide is one of best i ever seen on this forum...teamtalk is one of the most important in footbal.

Without raikan guides at least 50% people would give up with this game.

This guide is one of best i ever seen on this forum...teamtalk is one of the most important in footbal.

thanks mate :)

Never really had a problem with team talks, but one thing that always baffled me was for example -
Managing Man U, beat city 5-0 Rooney gets a hattrick, I passionately tell the team they played really well, they all react well but Rooney "seems to lose focus" why do ya reckon that is? Doesn't have to be Rooney or utd so it's bot just a specific thing, it seems to be like that for most strikers.

Cheers

Steve

that is hard to give an exact answer for.. did you give him a individual talk after you gave the overall teamtalks as mentioned above? maybe give him a bit of a negative comment to fire him up for the next game, seems a bit complacent...

Nah just overall team talks, I'll try that and see if it changes anything, perhaps your right and it's just complacency.
It's not causing me an issue with the players morale, it remains high, I just domt like it.

If I manage United (as I always do when the new FM comes out, its Professional)

If I manage other teams its mostly Semi Pro..
Probably makes a difference. I always start with Sunday league footballer.

Nice guide Raikan :D
I Should definitely use this!

I normally use this before a game (When managing a bigger side):
Aggressive: I expect you to win the match.
then
Passionatley: I have faith in you...

Normally come out with a win or draw :p

An excellent guide Raikan. One quick question though. What sort of team talk do you give to a player who is always showing he is complacent or un-intrested?

I would consider dropping him for a few games, but he is the leagues top scorer by at least 5 goals and my best player.

will use this guide with leeds next season i the premier league great guide mate

(I will update this tomorrow properly as I have done it quickly as I am leaving my office for footie)

You're done, Raikan. You can remove this now :)

Last edited:
What do you say pre match playing some a team who equal as you and rivals?

Aggressive: I expect you to win the match.
Passionately: I have faith in you...

or

Passionately: for the fans
Calm: I have faith in you

An excellent guide Raikan. One quick question though. What sort of team talk do you give to a player who is always showing he is complacent or un-intrested?

I would consider dropping him for a few games, but he is the leagues top scorer by at least 5 goals and my best player.

thanks bud!

I have not experienced this much at all, I never have this problem so I am unsure as to what to say, I do not want to give you advice when I do not know myself :)

the only thing I can suggest is after giving the full squad team talk, leave him alone!

then after the game, if he has played well, praise him and if badly say he needs to improve or his finishing was woeful etc..

keep communicating with him, say he might be dropped to the reserves, see if that wakes him up