Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

the only thing I can suggest is after giving the full squad team talk, leave him alone!

then after the game, if he has played well, praise him and if badly say he needs to improve or his finishing was woeful etc..

keep communicating with him, say he might be dropped to the reserves, see if that wakes him up

Never thought of doing that. I'll give that a go and see if it works. Thanks for your help.

Great guide, much appreciated! Still struggling occasionally to get a good reaction from those tight matches home/away where i'm playing a similar sized team and it could go either way. But hope I'll learn :D

I could also sugest using "delighted" team talks on players who perform better than the average of the squad. I.e average rating is 7.0 and your striker scored 2 goals with 7.7 rating. You give overall team talk "keep it up" and for the striker you use passionately and"delighted". Sometimes he will get looked motivated and inspired, or gained confidence or w/e. Also if some of your players perform worse than the average use asertively with "unhappy or proove a point". These also apply at the end of the match! If you have made a comeback, use "decisive factor" on your key players.
Also for subs, use no pressure for new signed players or youngsters and "expect a performance" on your key players!
These also have verry good results!

When it comes to half time and a player of mine has made a mistake and has a rating of under 6.0, I normally sub the player as I have yet to see in all my years a player that has made a mistake and on say 5.4 turn his game around and improve and end up with a match rating of say 7.9, never!.. Then I also give him a warning after the game (or fine him if it was really bad or happened more than once)
I had this happen yesterday.

View attachment 324382

My central defender Leigh Franks made a terrible mistake in the first half leading to a goal. At half time I used the aggressive "I am not happy" talk and he ended up making some great stops, a great assist and shut down most of the corners with great positioning and heading. He went from a half time rating of 5.2 to 7.8 at full time.

View attachment 324385

As you can see there nothing that special about him. His personality is "Spirited" and I'm listed as his favoured personnel. I'm not sure what it is about this guy, his attributes aren't great, but hes a great player in my system normally with an average rating of 7.6 over 31 games.

So I think some players can really turn around their performance in a match, but I would say they are exceptions to the rule. I would only trust this guy and maybe one of my other players to have a terrible first half and come out playing at their best after the half.

(Great guide overall, I was using almost the same approach as you before I read this. It does feel a little dull following the same formula all the time, but you can't really beat it for raising morale. Becoming favoured personnel with your players helps a ton too!)

please ignore this idiot :) I do apologize on his behalf for being such a tool!

please be informed that everything has been created by me from start to finish :) always has and always will

I had this happen yesterday.

View attachment 324382

My central defender Leigh Franks made a terrible mistake in the first half leading to a goal. At half time I used the aggressive "I am not happy" talk and he ended up making some great stops, a great assist and shut down most of the corners with great positioning and heading. He went from a half time rating of 5.2 to 7.8 at full time.

View attachment 324385

As you can see there nothing that special about him. His personality is "Spirited" and I'm listed as his favoured personnel. I'm not sure what it is about this guy, his attributes aren't great, but hes a great player in my system normally with an average rating of 7.6 over 31 games.

So I think some players can really turn around their performance in a match, but I would say they are exceptions to the rule. I would only trust this guy and maybe one of my other players to have a terrible first half and come out playing at their best after the half.

(Great guide overall, I was using almost the same approach as you before I read this. It does feel a little dull following the same formula all the time, but you can't really beat it for raising morale. Becoming favoured personnel with your players helps a ton too!)

really glad to see that mate, as I mentioned, I have done it before and have yet to see such a turn around! congrats on that! I will definitely try it myself again!

all the best, take care

Can you give us information pre match for a derby game or is it same as bigger opposition

Great guide, has helped improve my teams morale and match performances. But we keep drawing too many games. The positive team talks seem to cause us to dominate possession and chances (even against bigger teams) but we dont take our chances. quit frustrating.

If we're not favourites but should have really won i cant be aggressive and say i'm disappointed because we played well against expectations.

only a pleasure mate..

tactics, squad rotation, pre match press conferences, match prep all add to this as well :)

focus on these area's as well

only a pleasure mate..

tactics, squad rotation, pre match press conferences, match prep all add to this as well :)

focus on these area's as well

Things have since picked up. Won 12 games in a row with my swansea team fighting for a top five finish and team morale is high as a result. Starting using my defensive coach to do OI's and privately criticizing underperforming players.

It all came to an end though when i lost to chelsea in the league cup final. Used 'for the fans' (assertively) before the game and we where the better team in the first half, 1-0 up and two disallowed goals. At half time i used 'good performance keep it up' along with have faith etc. despite a positive reaction from everyone the whole team utterly failed in the second half, conceeding three quick goals and number of players falling to below 6.0. Do you think theres anything different i could have said at half time?

Things have since picked up. Won 12 games in a row with my swansea team fighting for a top five finish and team morale is high as a result. Starting using my defensive coach to do OI's and privately criticizing underperforming players.

It all came to an end though when i lost to chelsea in the league cup final. Used 'for the fans' (assertively) before the game and we where the better team in the first half, 1-0 up and two disallowed goals. At half time i used 'good performance keep it up' along with have faith etc. despite a positive reaction from everyone the whole team utterly failed in the second half, conceeding three quick goals and number of players falling to below 6.0. Do you think theres anything different i could have said at half time?

no mate :) team talks are important but there are many other things that go into affecting results etc.. you did everything right though!

Chelsea manager must have thrown a few chairs around and really got his players to come out, and no offence whatsoever, they have more players to turn the game around! Hazard/Oscar/Mata etc. .

so don't stress too much!

From my experience in playing against Chelsea, when ther are losing, they always go for 2 strikers in a 4-4-2. Did you change your OI's? One thing is play against 1 striker with a specific formation and other is to play against 2.

In my opinion, and as Raikan have already said, you didn't do anything wrong. But I know that kind of frustration =/

To be fair chelsea had rested their star strikers, but brought both of them on at half time, i guess we couldn't handle the strong attacking threat. Just frustrating as I also got to the final last year and lost that too! to spurs that time.

I have a problem with my newly started arsenal team. Only brought in Mario Gotze and Hamsik. I can get the right reaction from Hamsik with team talks but i am in January now and i have not had one positive reaction from Gotze or Cazorla before a match, at half-time or after a game. Even if we win and i praise them or lose against weak opponents at home and i tell them it wasnt good enough they think i am being unfair. I cant seem to get the sort of reaction or performances you would expect from these guys. Any ideas? I have heard that you are working on a Dortmund style tactics. When do you think you will start a thread on it?

I have a problem with my newly started arsenal team. Only brought in Mario Gotze and Hamsik. I can get the right reaction from Hamsik with team talks but i am in January now and i have not had one positive reaction from Gotze or Cazorla before a match, at half-time or after a game. Even if we win and i praise them or lose against weak opponents at home and i tell them it wasnt good enough they think i am being unfair. I cant seem to get the sort of reaction or performances you would expect from these guys. Any ideas? I have heard that you are working on a Dortmund style tactics. When do you think you will start a thread on it?

hey bud, what experience did you give yourself at the start?

I would wait til next season, 1st season teamtalks are not as effective as 2nd seasons

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...jurgen-klopps-recreation-tactic-13-3-3-a.html

I gave myself int footballer so i didnt have too many problems with team talks as i know they can be difficult with less experience. I am only in 1st season so hopefully next season will be better. Its a bit annoying tho when the team play rotten and a couple of players cant take criticism without making it public they dont like your team talks.

I gave myself int footballer so i didnt have too many problems with team talks as i know they can be difficult with less experience. I am only in 1st season so hopefully next season will be better. Its a bit annoying tho when the team play rotten and a couple of players cant take criticism without making it public they dont like your team talks.

its down to their hidden stats, nothing you can really do about it..

Hi Raikan mate

Quick question: How do u talk to a player who doesnt wanna talk to you lol ie I have a player who is at very poor morale as he played badly and I fined the ****** - now he doesnt want to know and wont communicate - any chance I can get him back on talking terms?