Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Hi Raikan mate

Quick question: How do u talk to a player who doesnt wanna talk to you lol ie I have a player who is at very poor morale as he played badly and I fined the ****** - now he doesnt want to know and wont communicate - any chance I can get him back on talking terms?

it may take a long time mate, but they do come around.. just give him playing time, when he plays well praise him

or sell him :)

Hi Raikan first of all thank you for helping the guys to improve the skills.. and i need to say after reading your explanation im now able to make good saves in FM13 because before my team playing well in first part of the season but after January my team comes overconfident and starting losing games... just because i said "good game" the good workpassionate every game i won... and if i dont do that my team plays well all season :D cheers and keep up

Does it matter what tone you use?,,,,,as you give 3 tone options for every teamtalk, i'm a bit confused as to which tone to use

The tone dictates your personality, have you never had one specific tone with media and they start adding your personality when describing you in the paper? :)

One question. How do u motivate a player like reus? Bought him for man utd but no matter how much support I gave him he has no reaction at all. 1st half he was normal with a rating of 6.8 2nd half he was pretty great with 1goal and a rating of 8.7 full time I said to him passionately I was pleased with his performance but he gave a looked to switched off reaction. Wonder does it gotta do with his preference not to play in England.

Does anyone know the difference between getting fired up and being very happy? They are both "green" reaction but I don't know if there are any differences. For substitutes, I find that the universal "Have faith" works quite well.

Also is there a quick way to give individual team talks to everyone?

Can you get away without doing team-talks? This is by far and away my least favorite part of the game.

I managed to **** off my entire squad. After only beating Yeovil town 2-1 in the fourth round of the FA-cup, I told them it was a let off. So far so good, as most players got motivated. I then decided to criticize Lucas for a rather poor showing (6.2 at home). This managed to upset half my squad (it is a new feature that other team members are affected by individual team talks, right)? I tried to make amends by encouraging some of those that I had offended in criticizing Lucas, but only managed to **** of more and more players. Now several of them are unhappy and concerned about my team-talks...

A few things I've noticed. Taking a cautious approach often seems to work well when you are going to criticize. Some players don't care what you say ever. And some players always react contrary to the rest of the squad (Suarez).

I think I managed to repair most of the damage. I had a chat with those who really got unhappy and told them I'd work on my team-talk skills. Their morale raised to "okay" at least.

I'm now starting to realise the importance of reputation for team talks to have any positive effect. Actually when you have low/average reputation I think it doesn't give you any advantage to use team talks at all. You really benefit from simply say nothing both at start and at half time. Final team talks are the exception, as they improve improve visibly morale, even if you have low reputation, by simply praise (win) agressive (loss). I'm now in a save using bankrupt Zaragoza (I still have very low reputation) and was really having trouble making the team to perform. Once I started saying NOTHING at start and HT the performances have been really improving and morale climbing!!!

Does anyone know the difference between getting fired up and being very happy? They are both "green" reaction but I don't know if there are any differences. For substitutes, I find that the universal "Have faith" works quite well.

My thoughts exactly. Is the reaction a good/bad thing as in all green are equaly good or does it have gradation. And if so what are the differences. Will the "delighted/happy" bring out better performance or the "motivated/fired up"?

Also i suppose these guidelines apply to team meetings as well? Because most of the times i tried to pick the squad up after a series of bad results i made it even worse or no difference at all. ^^

This works and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling with team talks, would you mind if I link to it in my tactic thread under the team talks part?

edit - too late :p hope u dont mind, and thanks in advance

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for this useful posting.

I have a question. If my team is underdog and result is draw at half time, then what will suitable team talk for my team ?

Where have you been???

So busy mate, life is crazy busy and hectic, started my own company as well while doing my normal job, had a somewhat of a divorce with ex fiance of 5 years, sold my house, moved to a new place to just name a few...

Have not played more than 3 hours of Fm14 (properly) and have not played Fm13 for 5 months before release date.. I have NO time :)

So busy mate, life is crazy busy and hectic, started my own company as well while doing my normal job, had a somewhat of a divorce with ex fiance of 5 years, sold my house, moved to a new place to just name a few...

Have not played more than 3 hours of Fm14 (properly) and have not played Fm13 for 5 months before release date.. I have NO time :)

Sorry to hear that buddy. Hope things settle down for you a bit so you can get more "me time" to chill out a bit. Then once you've had enough of that, you can get back into the old game playing! Take care!