Rainmaker v2 and Silk & Steel v2 - Chelsea 96 points (1st) - Norwich 70 points (5th)

Nearing the end of the season at Reading using these, league long long wrapped up
View attachment 425442

But a real highlight would be beating Liverpool in the F.A Cup Semi on pens to more or less clarify Europa League Footie next season
View attachment 425441
But will all those added games i'll have to add to my squad and transfer, I've got Trippier coming already but i loaned Janazji near end of season and used him in F9 and he been good, hopefully be able to sign him off united
View attachment 425439View attachment 425440View attachment 425438

Overall i love these tactics ( i may get back to you after a few games into the premiership ;) )

!Well done guys!

Someone on my SI thread has just won Premier League with Southampton in season 1. Although weird league table with Man U 10th

!Well done guys!

Someone on my SI thread has just won Premier League with Southampton in season 1. Although weird league table with Man U 10th

ive just finished 4th with southampton first season, but used a different tactic. want to try yours in my second season, although Ive just bought Qunitero from Porto who is class AMC, and Bernard from Shatkhar, so not sure if this tactic i could use........ decisions!!! lol

ive just finished 4th with southampton first season, but used a different tactic. want to try yours in my second season, although Ive just bought Qunitero from Porto who is class AMC, and Bernard from Shatkhar, so not sure if this tactic i could use........ decisions!!! lol

Retraining AMC to striker and playing them as F9 has been working great.

You can also retrain them to MC and use them in the central MC slot.

For me the Rainmaker v2 is a very good tactic for home games for my Leeds United save ( sitting first in premier leagie after finishing 8th last year with another tactic). I win more games against similair or less good teams. I tried Silk and steel v2 for away games but this tactic didnt work really good for me, so after a few games (after it was fully fluid ofc) I switched back to my old tactic ( CD_FJMIC - TTB) for away games and hard home games and It worked well.

Overall : Rainmaker v2 ++ for home games with a mid range team
Silk and Steel: maybe works with real underdogs but in my opinion isnt as good as away tactic for a mid-range team

Finished my Liverpool 'test'.

As usual season 1 - no signings.

Nearly got sacked October/November but things settled down to produce a good result.

View attachment 425030

Decided to give this a go in second season with southampton. Hope it works cause ive spent a fair bit of money to revamp the squad!

signed Giovinco to play at F9 and Kongdobia and Florenzi for midfield!

fingers crossed lol

Got to say tactic is amazing! using Rainmaker at moment! won first two league games 5-0! haha

"Then leave on 'defending set pieces' all season on minimal (1 notch from the right on slider)" is the one notch from the end of the slider or from the middle one to the right???

"Then leave on 'defending set pieces' all season on minimal (1 notch from the right on slider)" is the one notch from the end of the slider or from the middle one to the right???

1 notch from right END of slider. So minimal match training.

Second season with Southampton

Team at moment

Romero GK

Clyne RB
balanta
Lovren
Shaw

Kongdobia DM
Wanyama CM
Ramirez - CM Attack
Florenzi CM

Rhodes CF
Giovinco F9

subs

Osvaldo
ward-prowse
lallana
sanderberg
boruc

looking good at moment! will post screenies when ive played around 10 games!

Houndd over on the SI thread has spent 9 seasons building and refining a team for these tactics according to my player recommendations and he's basically built an invincible team.

View attachment 424321

Hats off to him, he's taken it further than I have so far.

Shows what is achievable with determination, discipline and playing the 'long game'.

p.s His Complete Forward got 55 goals :p

Last edited:
Rosler, your description is very detailed and other topics are struggling in this case. But I have some question placed in different dimension: What about team talks, how many players used in your first team squad, reserve and youth? Have you some tips or habits in managing?

Rosler, your description is very detailed and other topics are struggling in this case. But I have some question placed in different dimension: What about team talks, how many players used in your first team squad, reserve and youth? Have you some tips or habits in managing?

TEAM TALKS

Pre-Match - Leave to Assistant Manager

Take over at half time.

DEFAULT POSITION

Losing - Assertive - Far from happy

Drawing - Assertive - Far from happy

Winning by 'only' 1 goal - Assertive - Far from happy

Winning by 2 goals - Assertive - Kick on

Winning by 3 goals+ - Assertive - Pleased

As you can see, i'm rarely happy!

If you are a small team and playing one of the top teams i might be a bit 'nicer'..... but not much.

If you get on a poor run I would back off a bit in a few of the Team talks...... but not much!

First team squad around 20/21.

I dont bother with youth set up or reserve. Not my style. Interested in 1st team quality players only.

My only tips are to persevere through the bad times, strengthen your team as much and as quickly as possible, try not to start any player with 93% fitness or less. Substitute anyone performing at 6.3 or less early into 2nd half.

Quick update on what im upto.

Tonbridge save is going well, just finished my 2nd season with them and secured my 2nd Title and therefore 2nd promotion.

View attachment 423397

Using this in my 4th season with Roma, played 9 competitive matches. Won 8 and drew 1 (bs match) but its looking good so far. Even won 5-0 away against Juventus. Only problem now is to get a new Anchor Man since De Rossi is up in age

I'm really enjoying these tactics thanks Rosler. For my team rainmaker works better than silkn'steel. One thing that I think needs improving is the defending of set pieces. 13 of the last 15 goals I have conceded have been from set pieces :mad:

When I want to go more offensive I replace the anchorman with a regista.