Ramsey hit by horrific leg injury

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's as bad as the Eduardo one to be honest. Eduardo's foot was planted was caught right on the ankle with studs, whereas Ramsey's ankle was already twisted and bent down, and Shawcross showed the studs and caught his leg with his laces.

Eduardo's injury was like a pure stomp which snapped his leg and ankle, Ramsey was more of a slice which has probably broken his fibula and tibia (which is still bad).

It seems the modern superfit footballer is more prone to these terrible breaks.They seem to happen with more frequency. In the 60s,70s and 80s these types of injurys were almost unheard of,yet the tackling was much much harder then,every team had hatchet men,tackles from behind were even legal. Maybe there is a case in the theory that the modern footballer is too fit.

I Agreee With Frankieee

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Its soooo bad !

Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey suffers a suspected broken leg during his side's 3-1 win at Stoke.

More...

lmao 'suspected broken leg'

but seriously, i think its just unfortunate for arsenal but they say they get 'bullied' but there just unlucky with a few challenges. i think they should just stop looking for people to blame.

It's hardly like he was trying to break Ramsey's leg, considering he was crying afterwards, you can hardly belive he went into the tackle with his mind set on hurting him, it was an accident.

lmao 'suspected broken leg'

but seriously, i think its just unfortunate for arsenal but they say they get 'bullied' but there just unlucky with a few challenges. i think they should just stop looking for people to blame.

Don't understand this bit, we won the game and are in a great shout for the title, what are we blaming people for. I'm not blaming this injury for anything, but the injury itself is horrific.

you ( as in arsenal ) are blaming players and saying they should be banned for life and saying that you get bullied but you don't nobody goes out to try and break a leg its just unfortunate

Well what else can it be, teams can't just look at there fixtures and go, 'Oh look, a legbreaker game, get in!'..
Exactly, it's not like everyone hates Arsenal and victimises their players.

Think your looking into it too much Frankie, it's just unlucky and nothing more.

There not going out to break our legs, there trying to be too physical, which results in them mistiming a challenge. They put extra bit in the tackle because its Arsenal, and then we have 3 bad brakes in years.

What Frankie is saying is that while teams don't purposely say "Right, this is Arsenal, time to break some legs!" they do change their tactics to include hard tackling as every Premier League manager knows that the Arsenal players are more about skill and technique rather than strength. As a result, these hard tackles end up injuring our players. That is all.

3 in 5 years isn't 'unfortunate'
It's how the cookie crumbles lad, some teams don't have the luck when it comes to situations like this. But your squad is full of injury prone players, it is more likely to happen to Arsenal than any other team in the league. But it's not as if the opposition are determined to break bones, which is why I see it as unfortunate

There not going out to break our legs, there trying to be too physical, which results in them mistiming a challenge. They put extra bit in the tackle because its Arsenal, and then we have 3 bad brakes in years.
Sorry but they aren't being 'to physical'.

Being that physical has made Stoke a successful team, it's not like Arsenal aren't allowed to hard tackling, e.g Gallas breaking Mark Davies ankle (Bolton player). Arsenal have a different style of football, to a lot of teams, and same for Stoke.

Without tackling football is ****, and I'm not saying this tackle was right, but look at the tackle, Ramsey's ankle was already bent so any tackle would of caused damage not matter how bad it was, and it was a 50-50 ball, Ramsey could of broken Shawcross's leg, so you can't say 'they are too physical' because an Arsenal player went in the same but got unlucky, end of.

What Frankie is saying is that while teams don't purposely say "Right, this is Arsenal, time to break some legs!" they do change their tactics to include hard tackling as every Premier League manager knows that the Arsenal players are more about skill and technique rather than strength. As a result, these hard tackles end up injuring our players. That is all.

Pretty similar, hope it cleared any confusion.

it WAS AN ACIDENT what cant people understand he was sorry about this and you even saw his fce when he got sent of HE DIDNT MEAN TO anyway i hope ramsey a very speedy recovery and hope to see him back soon

i'm a liverpool fan and i despise wenger more than i do Ferguson at times.
the way he moans about being 'victimised' and bullied and that teams deliberately set out to hurt them.
what a load of ****! It happens to EVERYONE. It is purely unfortunate, i personally don't believe it was a red card. But because of the nature of the injury, the refs give it. But the way Fabregas and Wenger were moaning about it after, i mean grow up. Don't like it? ****** off from English Football. I mean Shawcross was distraught after, i don't think someone would walk off crying and then have to be picked up by their mum if they'd have meant it. Do you?

it WAS AN ACIDENT what cant people understand he was sorry about this and you even saw his fce when he got sent of HE DIDNT MEAN TO anyway i hope ramsey a very speedy recovery and hope to see him back soon

Every person on this forum knows it was an accident, he obviously didn't mean to break his leg, we all understand now go and take a sedative to calm yourself.

I can see where your coming from, Blackburn seem to do it a lot as well, Fulham have had injuries against both Stoke and Blackburn this season, happens every season. I wouldn't say Arsenal are specifically targeted though, its the style of play these teams adopt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back