Ramsey hit by horrific leg injury

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
yh but it is annoying when they are saying oh there out to break our legs my *** are they only someone who has got a screw loose would do that

yh but it is annoying when they are saying oh there out to break our legs my *** are they only someone who has got a screw loose would do that

Like Joey Barton.

Seriously though, people aren't sayng they're out to break legs, they're saying that the aggressive style that these teams adopt are dangerous and cause injuries.

I have sympathy with the Arsenal fans view, 3 serious injuries in 5 years is a terrifying stat.

I cannot remember the Diaby one personally. However if you compare the tackles of Martin Taylor and Ryan Shawcross, they are miles apart for me. Taylor went in studs up and over the ball, where as it is the top of Shawcross' foot that is going for the ball in more of a block tackle.

And looking at the last week over all. Ballack's tackle on Tevez (Second yellow, and red), Defoe's tackle on Caldwell (No Card) and that tackle on Savage (Straight Red). I honestly think that they where worse tackles in terms of going to cause an injury. Especially the tackle on Savage as that player lept two footed over the ball and his lower back landed on the ball, how Savage's career wasn't over I have no idea.

Feel gutted for Ramsey as he is one of those players that is a joy to watch and I hope he as back as soon as possible.

Like Joey Barton.

Seriously though, people aren't sayng they're out to break legs, they're saying that the aggressive style that these teams adopt are dangerous and cause injuries.

yes but any style would do that wouldnt it

Yes well said. Anyone who thinks like that would be put behind bars. Stoke try to bully teams with their physical presence anyway it could have happended to anyone from any team. It's not just Arsenal who are subject to Stoke's tactics.

Firstly may I say that I do disagree with Frankie and unfortunately these things do happen in football, every team has terrible injuries. Not just Arsenal.

Secondly, I wish Aaron Ramsey a speedy recover as he has the potential to be a really teriffic footballer. Such a shame to happen to anyone, let alone someone who is only 19.

Thirdly, can I just say that Arsene Wenger is an absolute *****. Some of the stuff I read this morning about what he said just makes me want to punch him. ''I dont want to hear anything about Shawcross being a nice guy, Arsenal are just being kicked out of football'' (Something along those lines) ********, absolute ********.

It was just a clumsy challenge and the result was unfortunate for Ramsay. There was no malice in it.

As for Wenger blaming other teams for their injustices, he needs to look long and hard in the mirror at himself as lately the more he opens his mouth about something everyone just thinks he is a ****.

Why the **** Sol Campbell was kicking off about it I dont know. Anyone else see him in the background effing and blinding to the ref about it. Model proffesional he is not.

Sorry Alex, but don't quote if it's (Something along those lines).

Firstly may I say that I do disagree with Frankie and unfortunately these things do happen in football, every team has terrible injuries. Not just Arsenal.

Secondly, I wish Aaron Ramsey a speedy recover as he has the potential to be a really teriffic footballer. Such a shame to happen to anyone, let alone someone who is only 19.

Thirdly, can I just say that Arsene Wenger is an absolute *****. Some of the stuff I read this morning about what he said just makes me want to punch him. ''I dont want to hear anything about Shawcross being a nice guy, Arsenal are just being kicked out of football'' (Something along those lines) ********, absolute ********.
Yeah I seen Wenger's comments on SSN and I think he said something along the line that a 3 match ban isn't sufficient and the comment about being kicked out of football. Now if he hadn't got rid of his tough tacklers (Viera, Gilberto Silva) I very much doubt they would be targetted as much

I hope the lad makes a full recovery and comes back stronger and better.

As for Wenger thinking clubs are all out to get him and his players, its just stupid. Of course there are going to be hard tackles, its a physical sport, and thats what happens. All player from every club are on the recieving end of tough tackles. What does Wenger want the opponents to do? Tickle his players off the ball?

wenger is such a hipocrite as when one of his players gets injured the player should be banned for life but after gallas' desgusting takle against a bolton player earlier this season hes not bothered and just responds with " oh, i did not see it, sorry"

Sorry Alex, but don't quote if it's (Something along those lines).

Sorry Frankie, his exact words were ''Tackles like that are not part of football. They just aren't acceptable. I hope people will spare me the stories of how nice Shawcross is. For Ramsey to be kicked out of the game like that is beyond words''

I think that is worse than what I said originally, that just spells out ****** to me.

It was just a clumsy challenge and the result was unfortunate for Ramsay. There was no malice in it.

As for Wenger blaming other teams for their injustices, he needs to look long and hard in the mirror at himself as lately the more he opens his mouth about something everyone just thinks he is a ****.

Why the **** Sol Campbell was kicking off about it I dont know. Anyone else see him in the background effing and blinding to the ref about it. Model proffesional he is not.

Of course he's going to kick off about it. He plays football.

So your playing football, and you see one of your mates get clattered, with his leg hanging off, you're not going to be annoyed?

So your playing football, and you see one of your mates get clattered, with his leg hanging off, you're not going to be annoyed?

Yes, our course you would. But surely the most important thing was the welfare of Ramsey, and not Shawcross getting sent off. Campbell should have gone straight over to Ramsey, not the ref to try and get Shawcross sent off.

I think they already knew it was a red. He was more shouting and venting frustration at Shawcross's stupid challenge.

ouch, i feel sorry for ramsey and arsenal but wengers comments were just daft

I think they already knew it was a red. He was more shouting and venting frustration at Shawcross's stupid challenge.

It wasn't a stupid tackle I don't think, just mistimed.

No Card
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cF4-rI_LjU"]YouTube- Cisse Breaks Leg[/ame]

Yellow Card
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZUAMRFTN8"]YouTube- Ryan Shawcross injures Aaron Ramsey Stoke v Arsenal Horrific Injury[/ame]

Red Card
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXTWzgVA1U"]YouTube- Marcin Wasilewski horrible broken leg after a hard tackle by Axel Witsel - Anderlecht vs. Standard[/ame]

Djibril Cisse broke his leg at Ewood Park
and consequently broke his leg in his come back game at Ewood park
that is real bullying

Cisse only broke his leg once for Liverpool didn't he? The other was a similar tackle while he was playing for France. Neither of the tackles could be described as bullying, just unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back