Rangers v Sporting Lisbon 17/02 K/O1 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-fact I think the goal is offside the defender slide in after the ball was played, meh

I knew it was stunning in that way but really sloppy defending by Sporting all they had to do was hang on for another few minutes

Dunno if sloppy is the right word but it was foolish to try to play for offside 15 yards from their goal...none the less that Sporting team is shocking in defence & I can't beleive they got this far in the Europa League anyway

It's just a shame our filthy neighbours don't hep with the co-efficient points... (6)
we carried Scotland back when MON and GS where in charge it is only fair that yous help a little now. Dont worry we will be racking up the point next season with Lenny in charge :)

In-fact I think the goal is offside the defender slide in after the ball was played, meh

Not offside mate, Edu was behind the ball when it was played across the goal therefore its on-side regardless of the defender ;)

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

we carried Scotland back when MON and GS where in charge it is only fair that yous help a little now. Dont worry we will be racking up the point next season with Lenny in charge :)

And actually we were the first team to help out with the points really.. apart from your uefa cup run, which we already equalled we were the first team to get into the last 16. You helped with the Home record but let down with the away. Both teams have done their bit. I blame the national squad and the mediocre scottish teams that got smashed in europa qualifiers.

Edit: and I know you got to last 16 twice in a row just so i've not missed that out :p

eheh, I was even rooting for sporting, If they were less of a joke team, rangers wouldn't have been through LOL XD

LOL... I know your mad cause your lot cant do anything in Europe nowadays, but calm down (H)

I'm not mad, but I can admit my team have been poor in Europe. And I'm not angry Rangers won, I couldn't care less. And my comment was calm, I was simply pointing out how incredibly dumb your comment was.

Not offside mate, Edu was behind the ball when it was played across the goal therefore its on-side regardless of the defender ;)

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

And actually we were the first team to help out with the points really.. apart from your uefa cup run, which we already equalled we were the first team to get into the last 16. You helped with the Home record but let down with the away. Both teams have done their bit. I blame the national squad and the mediocre scottish teams that got smashed in europa qualifiers.

Edit: and I know you got to last 16 twice in a row just so i've not missed that out :p
but the ball was played forwards, it doesnt matter if he was behind it. ( I think)

The Offside rule is too confusing XD

Edit: I think your right

but the ball was played forwards, it doesnt matter if he was behind it. ( I think)

The Offside rule is too confusing XD

Edit: I think your right

Yeah mate I thought that too, The offside rule always changes though :S it's the same as the Messi goal against Arsenal and there was another one with Man Utd I think not sure..

But the rule is as long as the player is behind the ball now. Don;t know why but it's changed.

Ah, but we both had very inconsistent home and away records. Our home record was pretty immaculate and our away record was dire, but Rangers either found themselves formidable away and poor at home, or vice versa. I think we've probs contributed equally to the co-effs, even though I dont thnk they make a difference, but hey. :)

I'm starting to wonder where Halbard is ? he was the biggest loudmouth yet Sporting are out and he's nowhere to be seen hmmm wonder why.

Ah, but we both had very inconsistent home and away records. Our home record was pretty immaculate and our away record was dire, but Rangers either found themselves formidable away and poor at home, or vice versa. I think we've probs contributed equally to the co-effs, even though I dont thnk they make a difference, but hey. :)

Do agree mate I did say both teams have done their bit :p and I blame it on others because we are the only teams to have done well in Europe (Kind of) in recent years.

Other news: 0-1 Benfica (1-3 on aggreagate)

Do agree mate I did say both teams have done their bit :p and I blame it on others because we are the only teams to have done well in Europe (Kind of) in recent years.

Other news: 0-1 Benfica (1-3 on aggreagate)

Apart from Aberdeen's brief run in the UEFA Cup a few years ago, when they got put out by Bayern, I agree.

It's the rule that the Scottish Cup finalists get into Europ, and since most often one of thhe OF win it, that means the runner-up gets it, usually a lower level team, who then get royally humped by FC Shiteyarse of Norswedefinland, and our co-effs go down.

Basel lost tonight so that will help the coefficient saying as we are in competition with the swiss atm for an automatic champions league place.

Rangers will play PSV at home on Paddy's day with the league cup final the weekend after that ^^) :S meaning Rangers will be tired after there game, but some of our Irish players may still be dieing with hangovers, hmmmmmm

I know mate, The year hearts finished second and got to the cup final vs Gretna ! so Gretna into europe XD

Edit: Shay your UT picture of larsson take it thats self made :p ? I'd take him in my UT anyday!

seem to remember people saying " sporting have more skill than rangers "
were was the skill tonight? only player thats decent is djalo for yous.
anyway good performance, brilliant that we are through :D

I know mate, The year hearts finished second and got to the cup final vs Gretna ! so Gretna into europe XD

Edit: Shay your UT picture of larsson take it thats self made :p ? I'd take him in my UT anyday!

I know! What a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.