Rangers v Sporting Lisbon 17/02 K/O1 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you stupid and blind ? Rangers put a serious amount of pressure on Lisbon tonight the only reason we didn't score more was because of a 6ft ****** up front hasn't got the ability to do so... I can't even be arsed arguing with you because i've proved you wrong so many times tonight and you clearly haven't got a clue.

I have many clues. I simply dont see things as a supporter of a team that has a hard time playing attacking football in europe. If you have a good look at the game, most of Ranger's chances came from counter attacks.
And YOU'VE proven me wrong? lol!!
Sporting plays in a much tougher championship, has much more participations in European competitions than Rangers. I think that after Barcelona and Real Madrid, Sporting is the club who featured more in the UEFA competitions.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Rangers have never signed a player from the Republic of Ireland?
Because they are racist, pro-english wankers.

oO)

He cost 4 million so may as well try and get something from your investment. Better than anything St. Mirren have mate (6)
No he isn't. If he can't score with the quality of the Rangers team, he'll be even worse at our club. He's a **** poor footballer.

I am really hoping that Sporting gets past Rangers, yes they are my rivals, but in this case my country comes first.

The Portuguese league is weak, BUT the SPL is even weaker, and THAT'S SAYING MUCH!

And besides, that, we have the 3 bigs but we also have Braga, Guimaraes, even Marítimo and National at some level, can compete with both Celtic and Rangers (in the first teams I mentioned) and are superior when compared to teams like Hearts, Dundee, Aberdeen.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Rangers have never signed a player from the Republic of Ireland?

What has that got to do with anything ? You really are a simple minded person.. Can you enlighten me as to why you are bringing Secterianism into this. If you want to think like that Do you remember a man named Lorenzo Amoruso ? He was a Catholic and also A Rangers legend and captain :) Seriously Shut up

I have many clues. I simply dont see things as a supporter of a team that has a hard time playing attacking football in europe. If you have a good look at the game, most of Ranger's chances came from counter attacks.
And YOU'VE proven me wrong? lol!!
Sporting plays in a much tougher championship, has much more participations in European competitions than Rangers. I think that after Barcelona and Real Madrid, Sporting is the club who featured more in the UEFA competitions.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Because they are racist, pro-english wankers.

Hmmmm how do sporting play in a much tougher championship. This season it's a two horse race. Not sure about other seasons but its never more than a 3 horse race.. Hardly much better you arrogant ****. They have more participants in europe thanks to the success of BENFICA and PORTO. Nothing to do with Sporting Lisbon.

and ***** at your last comment can't even be arsed replying to that ;)

Can anyone enlighten me as to why St Mirren have never signed a player from Vietnam? Shut up, we all see what you're trying to do. What nationality someone is isn't the reason they're signed. Stop trying to turn a perfectly good match thread into a Sectarian brawl.

No he isn't. If he can't score with the quality of the Rangers team, he'll be even worse at our club. He's a **** poor footballer.

I say this and I'm trying to be kind about it. Shut Up :)

3 people from Rep of Ireland have accually played for Rangers ;)
Who? I think they've had one who has played a game and that was at least 50 years ago.

Edit: It was actually more than 70 years ago.

I am really hoping that Sporting gets past Rangers, yes they are my rivals, but in this case my country comes first.

The Portuguese league is weak, BUT the SPL is even weaker, and THAT'S SAYING MUCH!

And besides, that, we have the 3 bigs but we also have Braga, Guimaraes, even Marítimo and National at some level, can compete with both Celtic and Rangers (in the first teams I mentioned) and are superior when compared to teams like Hearts, Dundee, Aberdeen.

I disagree. Braga did well to beat us, but our team was still new at that time, and a couple of their goals from pens were a bit fishy, if I remember correctly. I firmly believe if Celtic played Braga now, we'd win, because the team has clicked and is in very good form. I'm sure Rangers fans would say the same.

Maritimo and National? No way. They're godawful, Rangers demolished them a few years ago and Rangers have improved since then. No contest.

Guimares I don't know much of, but I guess that tells you all you need to know. Hearts are probs just as good as the teams mentioned too.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Who? I think they've had one who has played a game and that was at least 50 years ago.

Edit: It was actually more than 70 years ago.

Who cares?!

Wasn't saying that Guimaraes, Maritimo and National would beat Celtic or Rangers, but would beat Hearts and other teams that usually come 3rd,4th, 5th.

I disagree. Braga did well to beat us, but our team was still new at that time, and a couple of their goals from pens were a bit fishy, if I remember correctly. I firmly believe if Celtic played Braga now, we'd win, because the team has clicked and is in very good form. I'm sure Rangers fans would say the same.

Maritimo and National? No way. They're godawful, Rangers demolished them a few years ago and Rangers have improved since then. No contest.

Guimares I don't know much of, but I guess that tells you all you need to know. Hearts are probs just as good as the teams mentioned too.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Who cares?!

Name one......

On topic - Rangers were unlucky deserved to win the game against a poor Sporting side. Should be an interesting 2nd leg though

I disagree. Braga did well to beat us, but our team was still new at
Who cares?!
Who ******* cares? Not Old Firm fans anyway, every ******* day I hear various racist and sectarian things from Old Firm fans. It is ******* sick and is a huge topic in Scottish football. As you can see from this thread, both sets of fans are turning a blind eye to it!!!

OK, first off to everyone who's trying to take the **** and start an argument? Shut up.

Now, as for the Sporting are superior point. Not really. If they were superior, would it have taken them 89 minutes to equalise? Or one minute to lead? No need to answer. Next point, when was the last time Lafferty actually scored? The fact is that even though Sporting have the away goal? It doesn't mean their going to wake up and go for the jugular in Lisbon. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to hold on to the aggregate. I wouldn't begrudge them, they want the win and if they have to park the bus, so be it.

But if they do, they're just doing what everyone has said Rangers have done before.

Wasn't saying that Guimaraes, Maritimo and National would beat Celtic or Rangers, but would beat Hearts and other teams that usually come 3rd,4th, 5th.

Hmmm...I disagree with that, because it's easy to underestimate these teams but they are actually very competent sides. I think Hearts would match each of those teams, Aberdeen could get a result against Maritimo or National, same with Dundee Utd.

Hmmmm how do sporting play in a much tougher championship. This season it's a two horse race. Not sure about other seasons but its never more than a 3 horse race.. Hardly much better you arrogant ****. They have more participants in europe thanks to the success of BENFICA and PORTO. Nothing to do with Sporting Lisbon.

You really know nothing about portuguese football :)
Sancta simplicitas

And no wonder the Old Firm get a bad reputation. Granted, it's a minority, but it happens on every single thread.

Normally the Portuguese teams are the ones that get understimated. But have no doubts they would't lose, our problem is basically related with money, and corruption.

Hmmm...I disagree with that, because it's easy to underestimate these teams but they are actually very competent sides. I think Hearts would match each of those teams, Aberdeen could get a result against Maritimo or National, same with Dundee Utd.

Who ******* cares? Not Old Firm fans anyway, every ******* day I hear various racist and sectarian things from Old Firm fans. It is ******* sick and is a huge topic in Scottish football. As you can see from this thread, both sets of fans are turning a blind eye to it!!!

Oh, so you try and bring a sectarian argument into the thread and we're the bad guys because of it? How does that work? We're not turning a blind eye to the obviously disturbing sectarian problem, but we're trying to have a civilised conversation here. And don't generalise OF fans.

Not once on this forum have I been subject to sectarian abuse. Nor in the real world. I realise it is sick, yet you start trying to instigate a sectarian fight? No. Just stop it, you're embarrassing yourself.

Just for the record, I wanted Rangers to win tonight just for the sake of the Scotland's dreadful European coefficient, the point about Lafferty and Northern Ireland was brought up because I really feel that with a different player up front, ie John Fleck or Diouf up front, Rangers would've taken those great chances. Surely it's a talking point?

Edit: I apologise for any offence caused and I wasn't trying to start an argument, I'm just making my point which is proving to be controversial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.