Rangers vs Celtic - Jan 2nd 2011

pistolped7

Reaction score
The second Old Firm game of the season and of the new year takes place on Sunday, and the Gers are the hosts. They go in as favourites, but Celtic have an unknown variable in Freddie Ljungberg. With Rangers a point behind, but with two games in hand, a win for them would mean Celtic would have a mountainous task to catch up. However, Celtic need a win if they are to keep up the pace with Rangers. Who goes in as favourites in your opinion, and who will win?

Just an extra note: A minute's silence will be held before the game in memory of those who lost their lives in the Ibrox Disaster, exactly 40 years before the day of the game.

i think it will be a draw 1-1 which isn't good for celtic i think

Kenny Miller and Freddie Ljunberg to equalise

go on freddie :wub:

rangers 4-1 celtic kenny miller 2 weiss 1 beattie 1

Celtic really need to win this one considering they lost the first old firm game at home, I think it will be a feisty affair with Celtic snatching a last minute scored by McCourt to win 2-1.

rangers 2-0 celtic
Naismith + Davis

who r celtic going to have upfront? Ljungberg McCourt and (Samaras :L)

rangers 2-0 celtic
Naismith + Davis

who r celtic going to have upfront? Ljungberg McCourt and (Samaras :L)

Stokes and Murphy maybe. Ljungberg just behind them and McCourt out wide.

Last time someone said that about the last old firm game... you saw what happened :D

What kind of argument is that? So because somebody got one OF result wrong, it's ridiculous to predict a draw for this one?

2-0 Rangers, Miller 2.
Hopefully all celtic fans observe the minutes silence beforehand.
WATP

doubt they will win 3-0 has they havent played for 3 weeks Celtic will be more match fit

we played motherwell last sunday and won 4-1
think we will win 3-1 miller getting 2 bougherra 1, and stokes scoring for celtic.
cannot wait to go to this:p

doubt they will win 3-0 has they havent played for 3 weeks Celtic will be more match fit

We played December 26th away to Motherwell and won 4-1 :).

The pressure is on the Scum I'd say, more panic buyin with getting the likes of Ljunberg in before the 2nd. Anyway I just can't see past Rangers winning it, especially if the likes of McGregor, Bougherra, Papac, Weiss & Miller are on form that day and if Steven Naismith is back in time from injury, Millers goal record speaks for itself this season and he always seems to pop up against the tic and another thing about him is he will run all day, Weiss when on form has great techinal ability which I reckon will leave the likes Celtic Defence standing, Big Bougherra is also dangerous going forward and without a doubt he'll have the likes of Samaras and Stoked in his back pocket (H). Oh and also Steve Davis, he can be lethal when on form he can start attacks from nothing and as a good loyal Rangers fan I'm sure he'll be up for it :p. Also with a shrewd manager such as Walter Smith will be another bonus on the day. I'll go for 2-0 Gers :D.

What ? We just ****-****** Motherwell 4-1 at the weekend oO)

I refuse to make a prediction, one thing I will say though is that we are a far superior team, it all really depends on whether we get out of first gear or not on the day, if we don't, then it could be a struggle :S

Also, I pray to god the gangrene brigade don't disrupt the minutes silence, rip to the 66.

Last edited:
Ljungberg is hardly panic buying. Samaras shouldn't play, Murphy probs will, Stokes will cause problems.

And nice one using gay as a negative.