jonnyharb

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread for my one Club I love and what i think :) feel free to tell me your thoughts and game updates! This is not a story but a discussion!

ifonya.jpg

Real Madrid C.F

Football club
football club based in Madrid, Spain. Founded in 1902 as Madrid Football Club, the team has traditionally worn a white home kit since. Wikipedia

Manager: Carlo Ancelotti
League: La Liga
Arena/Stadium: Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
Training grounds: Alfredo di Stéfano Stadium, Ciudad Real Madrid

Starting Budget - 20 Million

casillas1.jpg

Goal Keepers​

Iker Casillas - Club captain, national captain,

Keylor Navas - New Signing - had a very good world cup - could take over from Casillas eventually​

Fernando Pacheco- very much back up and wont be playing much

ramos_5.jpg

Defenders

Sergio Ramos - World Class CB - good ball player for club and country

Raphael Varane - Young French international - could be one of the best in the game

Pepe - A very good CB who is getting on with age as he is 30 - still top notch but Varane could take over straight away

Nacho - Prospect CB - covers all back four positions

Dani Carvajal - Quality RB - could be there for years and own the position!

Alvaro Arbeloa - Good right back who can also fill in on the left, maybe getting over the hill

Marcelo - World Class wing back - will be a good attacking force behind CR7 on the left!

Fabio Coentrao - quality all round LB, cover for marcelo and even push to start games instead of him, no real weaknesses

Modric.jpg

Midfielders

Asier Illarramendi - hoping to take over from Xabi Alonso Exit - good ball player in the Xabi mold and young

Toni Kroos - Signed From Bayern Munich - class midfielder with potential to be one of the best in the world.

Isco - A class playmaker still young and could own the AMC spot or roaming playmaker role

Sami Khedira -class ball winning midfielder, whether he will fit in my system im unsure - possible sale for profit, although he is very good.
Luka Modric - A world class play maker either advance or deep lying.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Star Man - current best player in the world - Raumdeuter is the position i have planned for him!, will score goals for fun, upfront or in midfield - No weaknesses absolute BEAST

Gareth Bale - Who better to have on the opposite wing to CR7, Super Pace, this fella has got it all, either wing or at full back or AMC

James Rodriguez -After an awesome world cup comes 'Hames' Rodriguez, i think he will be great in a roaming midfield playmaker role, cant wait to see how he does, Shooting, skills, creative!
How-Much-Money-does-earn-Cristiano-Ronaldo.jpg

Forwards

Karim Benzema - world class player, and if can get the best out of him could be very good, lets see if he can pull it off

Javier Hernandez- onloan from Man Utd, cant see him being a regular, bur a very good poacher and can finish for fun

Jese - Young starlet in the making, may be pushing for a start early, after he recovers from injury

Tactic Ill be using
35lvxa9.jpg

What do you think guys?
Potential signings -

a CB im thinking - maybe Varane is not ready?
A Striker - Benzema can be good, but will he be good? we shall see.

if anyone is doing a madrid save let me know how its going :)

Thanks!
Jonny

Nice Ronaldo stats and write up!

i just started with Real yesterday and am enjoying it bar some awful Champions league performances.

Isco is amazing on this game sheer class, so many selection problems in the middle of the park like.

Is the new raumdeuter role wworking well then ? im still using the conventional IF (a) role for the two wide lads.

Nice Ronaldo stats and write up!

i just started with Real yesterday and am enjoying it bar some awful Champions league performances.

Isco is amazing on this game sheer class, so many selection problems in the middle of the park like.

Is the new raumdeuter role wworking well then ? im still using the conventional IF (a) role for the two wide lads.

To be honest Isco has been a bit part player for me, Ronaldo has been immense at raumdeuter in all fairness mate! Im at Xmas first season, I've signed Sterling that's all.

Won every game in the season so far including 8-0 over Barcelona lol

wow man nice barca result ! i only managed a 3-0 win over them :p gunna make the raumdeuter change for a few games see what the results are. isco has been my star man in terms of performance on the pitch , his vision and dribbling just make him an awesome AP, good luck for the rest of your season !

Im only 4 games in, both bale and ronaldo on 5 league goals, benzema however is useless, thinking of trying something with James Rodriguez to make him a F9 or something, toni kroos is also a boss.

Aaah the feeling you get when you can discuss about your favourite club in 'Football Manager'.

Haven't started playing the BETA yet, but I'm curious whether or not you can fit James/Isco, Modric and Kroos into an working midfield(Ancelotti have managed it in real life, so...). The hard part will be to make them all work defensively, so that players like Cristiano and Bale can do their thing upfront.

My thoughts on Benzema is that he doesn't need to be a goalscoring machine when playing with the likes of Cristiano and Bale. For me he has always been an extra provider instead of a reliable goalscorer. If not playing Benzema as a striker, Cristiano might be an option? Then you would be able to get Isco and Jesé more playing time.

Potential signings:

Jose Luis Gaya, LB, Valencia - Great prospect on the leftback for Spain. Would be able to cash in on Coentrao, injuryprone.

Eder Balanta Alvarez
, CB, River - Young defender with huge potential. Could be the fourth defender if Nacho doesnt cut it.

Marco Reus, LW, Dortmund - Future signing, that would provide backup on every offensive position. Would enable moving Cristiano into ST and playing the german on the leftside, or viceversa.

David De Gea, GK, United - The stats of 'San Iker' have declined alot in the past games. In a couple of seasons De Gea would be a perfect replacement, should you not opt playing Keylor Navas instead.

Sami Khedira - I personally would keep Khedira and try to extend his contract, if not cash in. He has a role in Real Madrid that no other player has and provides even more depth to the squad. Will be an important player in tough away matches like Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea etc.

How many goals does Messi have for Barcelona in your season?

How many goals does Messi have for Barcelona in your season?
In my game, Barca are playing Messi as a RM, not winger but midfield, Barca are 3rd at Xmas and Busquets has started a player revolt after getting fined! luis Enrique is losing it haha

I've signed Raheem Sterling in my save, only signing. I have 118 million after a cash injection in November wierdly enough, nearly at Xmas now so I'll look who's available at January sale :)

ive just won the world club championship and CR7 has 30 goals in 20odd games so far haha legend!

Would enjoy seeing a screenshot of Marcos Llorente, great prospect. And maybe some of the other great youth products.
I haven't looked into the youth team too much, I'll get some shots up soon as though

i agree with you on Benzema for me he only managed 20 goals in the liga but his overall play around the box was immense just flicking it about between Ronaldo , Isco , Modric ,Kroos and James also would recommend De Gea superb for me.

Just want to say that Isco is an absolute beast... at least he is in FM14.

any opinions on playing ronnie as a lone complete fw and bringing in another winger/if

I'm not sure if viable. But IMHO, getting Balanta is definately worth it and also David Alaba (he is definately the best LB/LW/ML in the game).
And if you are looking to maybe replace "San Iker", how about getting the best? Neuer.... he is undoubtedly the best GK in the world currently. However, De Gea suits just right also. :D
In terms of Midfield, i reckon Madrid has more than enough vast talents. But if there's "extra", i would advise getting Vidal or Pogba. Those 2 are just crazy. Or better yet, weaken your opponent and get Koke. Hehehe. And as a future replacement Youri Tielemans is just a beast at 17yo.

So, it would seems the Raumdeuter role is either too greatly "bugged" or with the issue of the long shots from Beta ME which everyone says almost everyone is a "Beckham/Cantona" scoring from absolute crazy lobs too often. :$

To be honest buying Neuer is just a bad idea... Granted he is the best goalkeeper in the world but... he's going to be expensive as **** and you would get 5 years out of him tops, de Gea or Courtois are both keepers that are already better than "San Iker" and will become as good or better than Neuer within a few seasons and become club legends. Simeone Scuffet became backup to Courtois on my FM14 Real save; he should have been a regular at Man City or Chelsea because he's that good (just not as good as Courtois)

Isco not on the same level as James Rodriguez in my save! Tbh

and u can't really say Neuer would be a bad signing, we are Real Madrid - signings of galacticos is what we do, even if it's a GK :)