Yes mate, it's possible to use both versions the attacking and the defensive when you play with Instant Result but you need to do some researches about every your opponent to find out what tactic he will be using vs you and you need to hope that he won't change it during the match.

I'd say too many things that might go wrong and it might cost points so I'd say using only the defensive version is the safe way to play if you play with Instant Result.

mate how you can know that the opponent set their central midfielder duties to defend or support? From where i can see this?

THE DEFENSIVE VERSION HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V2

CHANGES:

- tweaked the closing down settings of MCR position

mate how you can know that the opponent set their central midfielder duties to defend or support? From where i can see this?

How do I know if one of the CM is defending?

Guys, I'm afraid that the only way to find out what duties AI uses is to look at the players' behavior during the match.

For example, for me it's enough to look at one attack in order to tell what duties the players have but if you don't want to be bothered looking the match or you aren't experienced enough to recognize what duties the players have by looking at their play then I suggest when you see that AI uses any formation that could be potentially dangerous for the attacking version then use the defensive version.

As I said the most easiest and the safest way to play is to use the defensive version vs all formations that might be potentially dangerous otherwise you need to pay close attention what AI is doing at every during the match.

For example, here’s the standard starting tactic that Maurinho uses in FM17. As you can see he always uses 1 "Defend" duty for the central midfielders so it mean you can go with the attacking version against this approach:

image.png

But if he loses or draw(vs weak opponents) after the 1st half then he changes his starting tactic to this tactic and as you can see it doesn't have "Defend" duty for the central midfielders any more so using the attacking version vs this approach would be very dangerous.

image.png

So as you can see it might be a pain in *** to constantly track what AI is doing so when I don't want to be bother then I use the defensive version against all potentially "dangerous" formations.

Last edited:
Please, could someone post the v24 versione standalone? :)

I thank you very much for your work and that you put it to us all available !!!

TFF- Do u think i should start of with the defensive version then switch to attack version if im losing in the match or just go by the AI tactics.

Yes mate if you are losing, especially, by 2 goals or more then you really have got nothing to lose anymore and you should use the attacking version regardless of anything.

The waste time version isn't updated ?

I haven't made final decision about the waste time tactic yet… still testing and probably might update it soon but I can say that the current version of the waste time tactic is Ok so it can be used when you need to kill the game.

Hi guys, I hope this will be useful.

Premise: I use FLUT skin, but I think the icons I will show you are present also for default FM Skin.

To see the AI opposite duties you can:

go into the opposite tactic page and again stay over the (i) icon:

mcEhs5t.png

I hope it is clear,

Bye

Hi guys, I hope this will be useful.

Premise: I use FLUT skin, but I think the icons I will show you are present also for default FM Skin.

To see the AI opposite duties you can:

go into the opposite tactic page and again stay over the (i) icon:

I hope it is clear,

Bye

Mate, this information window just shows your assistant manager opinion about what role and duty are the best for this player but it doesn't have any connection with what role and duty AI manager uses for this player in his tactic.

bump

THE DEFENSIVE VERSION HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V2

CHANGES:

- tweaked the closing down settings of MCR position

2 versions of the tactic have been added to the OP : Attacking and Defensive.

Gys, I find that this year FM it's impossible to create "an universal" tactic that can be used in all situations with success because in FM17 very often AI teams use "Kamikadze" approaches without Defend duty for some of the central midfielders but in FM16 all AI teams always used at least 1 Defend duty for the central midfielders which allowed to build an universal tactic vs them but now it's impossible.

In order to maximize your results you should use the attacking version vs AI teams that use approaches that don’t require that you being defensively more than the attacking version can offer, speaking other words, the attacking version is enough defensively vs such approach and you should use the defensive version vs AI teams that uses very attacking approaches because if go with the attacking version vs such approaches then the result could be very unpredictable.

Here's a guide when to use each versions:

1) If you see that AI uses vs you formations with these following configurations of the center midfield(with DM and 2 CM) then you can use the attacking version without any fear:

defensive_AI_formations_V2.png

2) If you see that AI uses vs you formations with these following configuration of the center midfield(with AM and 2 CM or 3 CM) then do this:

a) use the defensive version if you see that no one of the central midfielders in AI tactic has (Defend) duty

b) use the attacking version if you see that at least one of the central midfielders has (Defend) duty.

c) use the defensive version if you aren't sure about is there any Defend duties or not

attacking_AI_formations_V2.png

A promising start with the latest Attacking version, the Advanced Playmaker looked fantastic in both games and it was Alex Mowatt against Slovakia and then Craig Bryson against Argentina so hardly world beaters. Looking forward to pre-season being over and getting back at it with Rangers |)

View attachment 107136View attachment 107135

TTF, in Brazil, most teams use this formation

*****AT AT******

*****MC MC*****
*****DM DM*****
DE **DC DC** DF
******GL******

What is more advisable? Attack or defense?

TTF, in Brazil, most teams use this formation

*****AT AT******

*****MC MC*****
*****DM DM*****
DE **DC DC** DF
******GL******

What is more advisable? Attack or defense?

You can use the attacking version vs this formation without fear, mate.

It looks Ok to me, mate but you need different type striker than Gameiro for the tactic. Also, I don't know who is Lato. :)

thanks mate, the thing with gamiro, he was my top goal scorer last year and also won the top goal scorer in the champions league

hey guys, who would u sign from these two players berardi or santi mina?

Can you share defensive v2? I can not download from mediafire again. :(