defensive version looks like old good battlemaster i was using with Brema II last year fm;) Good job

Here's a guide when to use each versions:

1) If you see that AI uses vs you formations with these following configurations of the center midfield(with DM and 2 CM) then you can use the attacking version without any fear:

defensive_AI_formations_V2.png

2) If you see that AI uses vs you formations with these following configuration of the center midfield(with AM and 2 CM or 3 CM) then do this:

a) use the defensive version if you see that no one of the central midfielders in AI tactic has (Defend) duty

b) use the attacking version if you see that at least one of the central midfielders has (Defend) duty.

c) use the defensive version if you aren't sure about is there any Defend duties or not

attacking_AI_formations_V2.png

Last edited:
he tff, mate, who would be the best player in your opinion for the right wing back? thanks pal

he tff, mate, who would be the best player in your opinion for the right wing back? thanks pal

Mate, there are many players that will do great, for example: Bellerin, Mario Fernandes, Dani Carvajal, Martin Montoya, Serge Aurier, Fabinho, Silvan Widmer

tff mate, so now should i put the attacking version in two slots and leave one the defnesive version?

Ehhh… guys, I find that this year FM it's impossible to create "an universal" tactic that can be used in all situations with success because in FM17 very often AI teams use "Kamikadze" approaches without Defend duty for some of the central midfielders but in FM16 all AI teams always used at least 1 Defend duty for the central midfielders which allowed to build an universal tactic vs them but now it's impossible.

tff mate, so now should i put the attacking version in two slots and leave one the defnesive version?

They are almost identical, there's only slight formation difference so it wouldn't matter at all.

What should I use against a 442?

If you see that one of the central midfielder has Defend duty then use the attacking version if you see that both midfielders have Support/Attack duty then use the defensive version.

Last edited:
Ok, I almost finish my fist season with Valencia. I will end up on second place, a very good overachievement.

But, style of play is horrible. 4-5 players step on each other on the edge of the 16m and the ML who is good just for score 7-8 goals from long shoots.

With aproximately same instructions, I enjoy a lot the Destroyer tactic.

le. The wbr's (Montoya and Cancelo) succeed just 9 assists together. With distroyer v5 Bellerin has 21.

2 versions of the tactic have been added to the OP : Attacking and Defensive.

Gys, I find that this year FM it's impossible to create "an universal" tactic that can be used in all situations with success because in FM17 very often AI teams use "Kamikadze" approaches without Defend duty for some of the central midfielders but in FM16 all AI teams always used at least 1 Defend duty for the central midfielders which allowed to build an universal tactic vs them but now it's impossible.

In order to maximize your results you should use the attacking version vs AI teams that use approaches that don’t require that you being defensively more than the attacking version can offer, speaking other words, the attacking version is enough defensively vs such approach and you should use the defensive version vs AI teams that uses very attacking approaches because if go with the attacking version vs such approaches then the result could be very unpredictable.

Here's a guide when to use each versions:

1) If you see that AI uses vs you formations with these following configurations of the center midfield(with DM and 2 CM) then you can use the attacking version without any fear:

defensive_AI_formations_V2.png

2) If you see that AI uses vs you formations with these following configuration of the center midfield(with AM and 2 CM or 3 CM) then do this:

a) use the defensive version if you see that no one of the central midfielders in AI tactic has (Defend) duty

b) use the attacking version if you see that at least one of the central midfielders has (Defend) duty.

c) use the defensive version if you aren't sure about is there any Defend duties or not

attacking_AI_formations_V2.png

Last edited:
Hey,

If you play with IR then I suggest that you use the defensive version all time.

I have good results with IR checking the opposition formation as You suggest even playing stronger team away which is using 4123/41221 for example I'm still using attacking version and it's working;)

I have good results with IR checking the opposition formation as You suggest even playing stronger team away which is using 4123/41221 for example I'm still using attacking version and it's working;)

Yes mate, it's possible to use both versions the attacking and the defensive when you play with Instant Result but you need to do some researches about every your opponent to find out what tactic he will be using vs you and you need to hope that he won't change it during the match.

I'd say too many things that might go wrong and it might cost points so I'd say using only the defensive version is the safe way to play if you play with Instant Result.

hey tff,mate what do u think about this first 11

0711f-6a63d11a-3195-4b54-aa51-43cf56e58fce.png