Was You thinkig maybe about put one of CM's def duty for cover or balance?? How does it influence the play?
And please can you describe what you expect from both of them like witch one is mor off and def?
I am a little bit confiuse cause I used to play 433 DM Wide and I have Ruben Neves, Mateo Kovacic, Rodrigo Bentancur and Andrea Bertolacci.

On 4231 [H]ome v2 tactic CM has def duty and it's a good for tactic balance and the domination of the midfield. Check for CM player instructions on [H]ome v2. On v3 I have change it to support as I want to achieve greater dominance in the attack and it works for me. With v3 at Home Im totally dominating now and scoring a lot. It's all depends what team and players you have and how you want them to play.

If you are asking about 433 [D]efence v2 tactic -
DLP(De) it's works exact as on Duty desc in tactic. He's role is to initiate attacks with short pass and cover the defence. Neves is great at this role and as he's Wonderkid he will become a monster at this position after few seasons. BWM(Su) it's a fighter in midfdield. He need to win the balls and support attack. Unfortunatelly none of players you got are natural BWM that's why you need to check which one has best Marking, Tackling, Aggression, Staminal and Strenght attributes. If you really want to benefit this tac consider buying true BWM. The last role in midfield it's RPM where Kovacic will suit good but not the best. He's strenght is to low for that role but he's worldclass playmaker so I believe he will be good also on that role. RPM the most important player - heartbeat of this tac - as on tac role desc. He's a creator and part of every attack and also tracking back to cover the defence.

My advice is to replace one of 3 playmakers you'v got for one strong CM figther. It's key to success to win the ball in the midfield on my opinion. To win you need not only create situations but also win the balls in midfield ;)

Last edited:
Thank Yoy for a quick answer and I feel bad that i am saying this but I was thinking about two CM's from 4231 verion3;)

Form me it's working as well, but i still have a problem with shoots on target. And I try to play [H]ome v2 on away matches cause I AM A GREAT AC MILAN:) My familiraty is still not full of course;)

Last edited:
Thank Yoy for a quick answer and I feel bad that i am saying this but I was thinking about two CM's from 4231 verion3;)

Form me it's working as well, but i still have a problem with shoots on target. And I try to play [H]ome v2 on away matches cause I AM A GREAT AC MILAN:) My familiraty is still not full of course;)

ehh and all that elaboration of mine for nothing :( maybe will be usefull for someone hehe
Yes you can experiment with roles in midfield (2xCM for example) as playmaker is on AMC pos. Try to keep player instructions the same.

My DC's are too slow, should i untick D-Line option on instructions or stay?
Btw great tactics like always Mr. xPer :)

With Individual Training for the players, what i make xPer?

My DC's are too slow, should i untick D-Line option on instructions or stay?
Btw great tactics like always Mr. xPer :)

Don't change anything. Individual Training for players same as roles they are playing.

This is how V3 is going for me. I have noticed that due to plugging in to strong team a few seasons in that I can use the H tactic for most games and only need the others to hold a lead late in a game or play away to another big side.

I started the formation after the Newcastle loss.

View attachment 1095242

V3 Home is looking really really good. Probably the best 4231 in this forum. Results with Chelsea, original squad:

image.jpg

Last edited:
People who showcase their tactics with Big teams give me nausea, why don't you try 1 season with 2 different mid-low teams like either bournemouth or chievo, it's really easy to smash other teams with big teams like city, arsenal, roma, etc.

xPer well done. At the beginning, I wanted to apologize for my english. I play a weak team of the Polish Lotto Ekstraklasa - KGHM Zaglebie Lubin. I use v2H; v2A and v1D. I played 16 games (13W-2L-1d). Now I try v3.

Last edited:
V3 Home is looking really really good. Probably the best 4231 in this forum. Results with Chelsea, original squad:

image.jpg

So so glad you tried this mate, plugged in v3 yesterday myself and the home version is brilliant and beautiful to watch. Still in friendlies so haven't had many opportunities to try the away yet.

Are you actually using the away version or just the home for all games?

Last edited:
Xper could you explain the 4231 v3 a bit more? Does the cm (s) or the bbm get forward more, not sure which of the two is supposed to be more defensive?

Ideally I would play pogba as the bbm and Rabiot (who i've brought in) as the cm (s), but by the base positions of the roles, it would appear that pogba would be the more defensive of the pairing, but really I want pogba doing the supporting more than rabiot?

Xper could you explain the 4231 v3 a bit more? Does the cm (s) or the bbm get forward more, not sure which of the two is supposed to be more defensive?

Ideally I would play pogba as the bbm and Rabiot (who i've brought in) as the cm (s), but by the base positions of the roles, it would appear that pogba would be the more defensive of the pairing, but really I want pogba doing the supporting more than rabiot?

The CM (s) is the more defensive (has the hold position instruction)

Hey Xper, I also have to say that this attacking corner setup you use in your tactic is excelent. Lots of goals from corners.

image.jpg

ps. I don't know if its intentional or not, but the left attacking corners in your V3[h] have two routines, I deleted Routine 1 in my game to use just the routine in the picture.

Hey Xper, I also have to say that this attacking corner setup you use in your tactic is excelent. Lots of goals from corners.

ps. I don't know if its intentional or not, but the left attacking corners in your V3[h] have two routines, I deleted Routine 1 in my game to use just the routine in the picture.

Thank you for pointing this - it's a bug. Routine 1 need to be deleted and used this setup:

image.jpg

I will fix it and upload v3 again.

Pogba is ideal BBM. On my save he's a monster banging goals like crazy. BBM is aggressive midfield role - hes a part of almost every attack. CM is holding position and dominating midfield. Rabiot will be good at CM.

Tactics update

Thanks to galego25 for pointing this - attacking corners bug.

Correct attacking corners setup:
View attachment 112483

Please download 3.1H/A and 2.1D tactics with fixed attacking corners.

You can download separate corners setup file and import it in a game. Download attached setup and paste it here:
...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\set pieces

Attacking corners setup in attachement.

Last edited:
Hi Xper, had to create an account just to say thanks for the tactics! Started using V2 H + A with Utd and the football is just superb to watch. Just switched to V3 and so far soo good, still unsure on the OI's though, wondering if the original OI's would be better - purely as I seem to be conceding a few more goals since changing the OI's.

I know you have said a few times that you set individual training to the position and role they are due to play - do you have different lineups per tactic? The MC's for example have different roles in each tactic. In the past I would have adopted a general approach, IE attack minded CM's would always train as RPM's for me and defensive minded CM's would always train as BWM's. The AMC is another one I have difficulty choosing a training routine with! But as I'm currently playing Mata there AP seems the sensible way to go with that.

With the corner routine, I see the AML is always offering the short option both on the left and right, is this by design? Also, do you have any preference as to the foot of your corner takers? I tend to go for left foot taking right and right foot taking left, but not sure that is the most prolific option.

Again, thanks for the tactic! It's turned my United side into a behemoth!

Squad:

GK: De Gea/Romero
DR: Darmian/Valencia
DCR: Lindelhof/Bailly
DCL: De Vrij/Jones
DL: Shaw/Lato
MCR: Carrick/Schniederlin (Ruben Neves joining in the summer)
MCL: Pogba/Herrera
AMR: Mhiki/Asensio/Gribbin (toying with making a move for Dembele from Dortmund in the summer and moving Asensio into the middle)
AMC: Mata/Ozcan
AML: Martial/Lingard (Griezmann is joining in the summer and Martial will be moving to STC)
STC: Ibra/Rashford

I know you have said a few times that you set individual training to the position and role they are due to play - do you have different lineups per tactic? The MC's for example have different roles in each tactic. In the past I would have adopted a general approach, IE attack minded CM's would always train as RPM's for me and defensive minded CM's would always train as BWM's. The AMC is another one I have difficulty choosing a training routine with! But as I'm currently playing Mata there AP seems the sensible way to go with that.

With the corner routine, I see the AML is always offering the short option both on the left and right, is this by design? Also, do you have any preference as to the foot of your corner takers? I tend to go for left foot taking right and right foot taking left, but not sure that is the most prolific option.

Again, thanks for the tactic! It's turned my United side into a behemoth!

Individual players training refers much more to the development of players then actual tactic in use. I wrote generally training same as role they are playing because those tactics do not require any special interference in players development. Just train them as you think best. We now have in FM17 an extensive system tips from coaching staff - just suggest them if you are not sure.

With the corner routine, I see the AML is always offering the short option both on the left and right, is this by design?
yes :)

Also, do you have any preference as to the foot of your corner takers?
I preffer that my left corner taker has better right foot (opposite) but it's not most important. The most important is corner attribute value which should be as high as possible (obviously).