Can you use your strikers in any other way than CF? Im testing this out with MK Dons but no CF will come to me due to the club stature. Thanks

United is back :D

View attachment 1095715

... meanwhile, a few days later ...
View attachment 1095718

Paul Pogba, the perfect Box To Box Midfielder. 21 goals in Season 2.
View attachment 1095722

Hey Xper,

Are you using these tactics exactly as you posted in the opening post? 3.1[H] at home, 3.1[A] away and 2.1 [D] for tough games home or away? Same match prep and OI as in OP too? Would you ever use the home tactic away at all?

Also, when using the away tactic which of the two cm's is the more defensive? As both have the same player instructions with the only difference being that the DLP has "pass it shorter", I would assume that the DLP is intended to be the slightly lesser creative and defensive player?

I must say that the home tactic especially produces some very entertaining football and creates opportunities in abundance. It really has brought back some of the fun playing FM as I've been tactic searching since the day I bought 17.

Hey Xper,

Are you using these tactics exactly as you posted in the opening post? 3.1[H] at home, 3.1[A] away and 2.1 [D] for tough games home or away? Same match prep and OI as in OP too? Would you ever use the home tactic away at all?

Also, when using the away tactic which of the two cm's is the more defensive? As both have the same player instructions with the only difference being that the DLP has "pass it shorter", I would assume that the DLP is intended to be the slightly lesser creative and defensive player?

I must say that the home tactic especially produces some very entertaining football and creates opportunities in abundance. It really has brought back some of the fun playing FM as I've been tactic searching since the day I bought 17.

Im using 3.1[H] at home always. If you have good team you will enjoy mostly high scores at home with that tac. You can switch at 70' for counter tac if you are bored :p
Away I'v usually used 3.1[D] which will be published in next minutes. On my career season 2 I have tweak little bit 2.1[D] from which I wasn't entirely satisfied and now 3.1[D] works better for me. However its 4-1-2-3 DM so it will never produce such beautiful football like Home tac but it's very solid away tac in my opinion.
Counter tac I was using less this season only for away matches against weak teams or teams who often win against 4-1-2-3 formations at home (always checking opponent schedule). For example I have play against Arsenal with 3.1[A] tac and we win.

DLP it's most defensive role. BBM it's aggressive def/att role with greater emphasis on attack. CM its holding midfield role (balance).

Wait for the 3.1[D] tac update which will come any minutes now :)

aWar-v3.1(D)

Tactics update

aWar-v3.1[D] - defense away tactic more effective and solid

View attachment 112282

changes:
- removed Exploit Out Of Defence team instruction
- changed DM role from Deep Lying Playmaker to Defensive Midfielder
- 2 Ball Playing Defenders in defense line
- players instructions tweaks

View attachment 112281

is the tactic good for an underdog??i am gona try it with deportivo alaves

Im using 3.1[H] at home always. If you have good team you will enjoy mostly high scores at home with that tac. You can switch at 70' for counter tac if you are bored :p
Away I'v usually used 3.1[D] which will be published in next minutes. On my career season 2 I have tweak little bit 2.1[D] from which I wasn't entirely satisfied and now 3.1[D] works better for me. However its 4-1-2-3 DM so it will never produce such beautiful football like Home tac but it's very solid away tac in my opinion.
Counter tac I was using less this season only for away matches against weak teams or teams who often win against 4-1-2-3 formations at home (always checking opponent schedule). For example I have play against Arsenal with 3.1[A] tac and we win.

DLP it's most defensive role. BBM it's aggressive def/att role with greater emphasis on attack. CM its holding midfield role (balance).

Wait for the 3.1[D] tac update which will come any minutes now :)

Cheers mate, so to clarify you have effectively been using 3.1 [H} for all home games, 3.1 [D] for all away games? Same OI and match prep?

Last edited:
Cheers mate, so to clarify you have effectively been using 3.1 [H} for all home games, 3.1 [D] for all away games and 3.1 [A] is now to be used situationally?

Yes :)
However sometimes on away matches when the match was not going my way I have change from [D] to [A] with success. You have to be active and flexible ;)

Hey Xper,

Thanks for your replies earlier!! Season continued on like a steam roller!! Finished my 1st season unbeaten in the league!! Won Europa League and Capitol One cup and lost the Fa Cup final to a last minute goal against Arsenal! Also this tactic is the first time my entire first team squad has averaged over 7.00 for a season!!!

Steam Community :: Screenshot

I am Confused which Tactic to use at Home and then Away as OP has so many tactics to download ? Cant wait to try it !!

I am Confused which Tactic to use at Home and then Away as OP has so many tactics to download ? Cant wait to try it !!
Personally, i've gone to v2 [h] at home and v2 [a] for away games as I feel like those tactics are setup in a way that is a lot more balanced for most teams at the start of the game. XPER made the tactic more fluid and attacking in his third season, once he had vastly improved his team and they had benefitted from more time to gel, so thats probably why the setup in v3 worked well for him. That being said the short time v3 did work for me, it was producing really nice football to watch

v3 H/A was used on my first season [link] and v3 D on second season. I would recommend v3.1[H] at home and v3.1[D] away for start.
good luck :)

Personally, i've gone to v2 [h] at home and v2 [a] for away ... That being said the short time v3 did work for me, it was producing really nice football to watch

v2[H] works better for you then v3.1[H] ?

Last edited:
I'm in my 4th Season with Liverpool no having won the league last 2 seasons , Would you use it exactly as its meant to or like me with other tactics just use the Home tactic for most games as im one of the best teams in Europe at the minute ? Plus i have Origi and Icardi who are Both World class and to leave one out every game would be a shame Both score loads for me

I'm in my 4th Season with Liverpool no having won the league last 2 seasons , Would you use it exactly as its meant to or like me with other tactics just use the Home tactic for most games as im one of the best teams in Europe at the minute ? Plus i have Origi and Icardi who are Both World class and to leave one out every game would be a shame Both score loads for me

I would play v3.1[H] at home and v3.1[D]/[A] away. Cup finals with v3.1[H].
When you are going away check your opponent fixtures. Check their results on their field against 4-1-2-3 and 4-2-3-1 formations. Then decide what to use v3.1[D] or v3.1[A]. If needed change tactic during the match D/A if they have an advantage.
Against really weak opponents you can always use [H]ome tactic (home/away).

is the tactic good for an underdog??i am gona try it with deportivo alaves

Im using it with MK Dons in my 2nd season in the championship. Ive only lost 2 in 12, won 9 of them and drawn 1, this is in the league. I lost to Palace in the EFL but only 1-0 after extra time. For home im using v3.1(H) and for away im using v2.1(D) and im getting cracking results. With none of my forwards not being CF as its the lower league at home im using AF and away im using TM and it seems to be working fine.

EDIT. Just seen that theres a v3.1(D) tactic now so ill try that as my away results have only been 1-0 wins previously, which doesnt bother me really as its all 3 points.

Last edited:
Im using it with MK Dons in my 2nd season in the championship. Ive only lost 2 in 12, won 9 of them and drawn 1, this is in the league. I lost to Palace in the EFL but only 1-0 after extra time. For home im using v3.1(H) and for away im using v2.1(D) and im getting cracking results. With none of my forwards not being CF as its the lower league at home im using AF and away im using TM and it seems to be working fine.

EDIT. Just seen that theres a v3.1(D) tactic now so ill try that as my away results have only been 1-0 wins previously, which doesnt bother me really as its all 3 points.

Yes try 3.1[D] - works better for me :)

used it V PSG in the Semi finals of champions league we conceded 6 goals in 2 legs but i still managed to beat them with 7 goals , So defence is not that great Reminds me of the Kevin Keegan era at Newcastle , when they used to beat people but just simply outscoring the opposition !!

used it V PSG in the Semi finals of champions league we conceded 6 goals in 2 legs but i still managed to beat them with 7 goals , So defence is not that great Reminds me of the Kevin Keegan era at Newcastle , when they used to beat people but just simply outscoring the opposition !!

lol that's more then we concede in league since December. Could you please post screenshots from that matches with players ratio and match stats?

Hi there,

Firstsly great tactic.

Followed OP to the wire. Purchased only 4 signings etc.

I have found that the H tactic is working great away. I litterally dont change it, even against top teams.

Things I do,

I use in game shouts/tactics as adviced.
I skip the opening x2 then watch x2 then skip x2 and so on....
I praise the players at the end of the game who are not green via my end of game team talk, or if they are just green I praise to make them very happy green.
I use opposition instructions as suggested but I have done this via the tactic page and when asked pre game I just skip.
I do all news interviews.

admitidley I havent played as many games as I would like to have, especially away, but here are my results.

View attachment 111879

The away draws are using the A and D tactics.

After this I just kept using H even away, unstopable at current.