2nd string just bossed it.

View attachment 111590

I have used a lot of tactics as unfortunately I am poor at them. This is my first real save since the game came out. I don't get as much time playing FM now at 28 so since the game came out I have downloaded several and started many games until January to find a tactic that works. This 3.1(H) is boss surprised its not getting more comments and ratings.

Impressive results Ped. Keep it going!
5-1 away against Southmapton and 2-1 away against Barcelona with Home tac? Who need away tacs right? :D

i did many times the info guide of touchline team talk and didnt work :/

I think it actually works but it's not visible. Most of the time the player status don't change, for instance it's very hard to change if a player is nervous or very nervous. Touchline talks are like the "less-effective" version of pre-match, ht and post-match team talks. Just like in real life I would say. That's only theory though...

i think having best staff is key,

also i use touchline - assertive - encourage - within a matter of minutes.

once a goal is in i do it again - if no goal - i do demand more.(aggressive)

if they get the ball i do concentrate.

it defiantly helps, never used them before until this tactic. i can see the players ratings and players status change.

Which version is the best for a big club, if I want attack?

how is possible the stuff to be key when u make the team talk ? lul

i think having best staff is key,

also i use touchline - assertive - encourage - within a matter of minutes.

once a goal is in i do it again - if no goal - i do demand more.(aggressive)

if they get the ball i do concentrate.

it defiantly helps, never used them before until this tactic. i can see the players ratings and players status change.

how is possible the stuff to be key when u make the team talk ? lul

excellently
I had to wait five years to get to know Xper
secrets tactics hahaha :D
best regards
i'm testing now :)

Last edited:
A little help please

Could anyone please take screenshots of the tactical instructions for these setups? I'm playing on FM TOUCH which has the same match engine but I cannot open/read the tactics that are downloadable.

Thank you

Perfect

there you go

thanks! My Real Madrid went from trashing everything in season 1 with Dybala scoring 42 goals to in the league to being 3rd. Hopefully this will help. I don't want to use the 433 tactics out there that seem to be mostly based around exploiting the game engine

Hi xPer,

First of all thank you for the tactic! I've been using it for a few seasons now and I'm doing pretty well so far with Liverpool in a network game. I do tend to struggle on away games against "easier" opponents though and I have some home losses/draws too. I read that you normally use the 3.1 D tactic away and on occassion the 3.1 A tactic. I wonder based on what you decide to use the 3.1 A tactic instead of the 3.1 D tactic? You look at the opponent's results and check what formation they've conceded most goals against?

For example, I won my Champions League group with Real Madrid and Dortmund in it with ease...won all games, including the away ones. Then in the next league game, Watford away, I lose 3-1. Game after that (or something like that), Leicester home, I lose 1-2. The home loss/draws don't really happen that often, but I do tend to struggle in away games.

I've just started a new season and won all my friendlies (5 or so), but the tactics aren't 100% fluid yet (even though I've used them for a while). Maybe that is also a cause of the "problem"? Should I put match prep on teamwork 'till 100% fluid? A recent example: I beat West Brom 6-0 at home, then I draw Bournemouth away (1-1), lose Stoke away (2-1) and Man Utd away (3-2). The latter two aren't the easiest games obviously, but in between the Stoke and Utd game I beat Spurs 4-0 at home etc. I just feel that I'm really inconsistent when I play away and I'm not sure when to use which tactic. So far I've used the 3.1 D tactic away, but that has given me the above results.

At home I'm pretty good, although I do kind of struggle with finding a good player for the CM spot. Have Thiago Maia there now, but my assistant lets him train as a box to box midfielder so I have to swap that around constantly. I use Bazoer as box to box (he doesn't really fit anywhere else apart from the DLP position, may have to sell him or train him alot).

Maybe you have some tips that can help me out. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: In your first post I see that you mention the motivation talks. I've had mixed results with this, although I haven't tried it that often. You suggest having a team talk every 6 games or so, and depending on the results you either praise them or tell them to perform better etc?

Last edited:
Hello and thank you for your amazing tactic, the best one ive ever tried probably. Using only home version. ICARDI IS A BEAST.
View attachment 110580

Just curious how my Advanced playmaker works. He has 7.06 Average rating, looks like hes not getting involved to game with some goals and few assists. Do i have to replace him or thats how should he work? Any tips? :)

Last edited:
Hi xPer,

First of all thank you for the tactic! I've been using it for a few seasons now and I'm doing pretty well so far with Liverpool in a network game. I do tend to struggle on away games against "easier" opponents though and I have some home losses/draws too

Yes away matches may be difficult especially on network game. It's hard to give you a simple answer but what I do is check my opponent fixtures and results. Im checking they lost against formations type. When you are startin with D tacting and you see that match is hard, stats are similar for both teams and you can't dominate them - change your tactic to A or even H. When you score change it back to D.
Lot of peoples are using only H tactic with strong teams and dominate home and away. Maybe try it with yourself?

Tactics familarity is crucial. Those tactics are not simply plug&play, they are more complicated and demand 100% tactic and team fluid. Team fluid brokes when you enter new players to your team, remember that.

Team morale is very important. When it's broken its hard to win and you can start to loosing match after match no matter what. Do everything you can to keep them happy (Superb). Talk with them indivdualy about thei training progress, form etc. Every 6 matches PRAISE them (if they are winning of course) and never talk negative with your team, usualy their morale will drop after that. If they are loosing better to talk individually then making negative team talk.

Currently Im updating away tactics D/A. I hope they will work better for you.

Hello and thank you for your amazing tactic, the best one ive ever tried probably. Using only home version. ICARDI IS A BEAST.

Just curious how my Advanced playmaker works. He has 7.06 Average rating, looks like hes not getting involved to game with some goals and few assists. Do i have to replace him or thats how should he work? Any tips?
smile.gif

AMC on 3.1[H]ome tac is working great for me, lot of assists and goals. On your screen I can see that you play with Ever Banega on AMC. He's good midfielder but more MC then AMC. I think you need to look for better natural AMC with better technical and mental attributes.

Last edited:
Yes away matches may be difficult especially on network game. It's hard to give you a simple answer but what I do is check my opponent fixtures and results. Im checking they lost against formations type. When you are startin with D tacting and you see that match is hard, stats are similar for both teams and you can't dominate them - change your tactic to A or even H. When you score change it back to D.
Lot of peoples are using only H tactic with strong teams and dominate home and away. Maybe try it with yourself?

Tactics familarity is crucial. Those tactics are not simply plug&play, they are more complicated and demand 100% tactic and team fluid. Team fluid brokes when you enter new players to your team, remember that.

Team morale is very important. When it's broken its hard to win and you can start to loosing match after match no matter what. Do everything you can to keep them happy (Superb). Talk with them indivdualy about thei training progress, form etc. Every 6 matches PRAISE them (if they are winning of course) and never talk negative with your team, usualy their morale will drop after that. If they are loosing better to talk individually then making negative team talk.

Currently Im updating away tactics D/A. I hope they will work better for you.

Thanks for the reply! Morale wise I'm doing quite OK most of the time, they're pretty much all the time Superb or Good/Very good. They've only dropped lower than that due to a ****** run, but then I use the team talk to boost it.

The tactic familiarity may be one of the "problems" then, as it's not 100% anymore. It dropped when I started a new season, although I only brought in like 1 player that actually starts (2-3 more for the bench tho). Is there anything I can do to improve this faster than it normally does? I do feel that later on in the season I have better results, it's early on / midway that I lose points.