5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

Peterborough - now 5th season!

First season - started with the team I support - Tranmere Rovers! English Vanarama National League. Won the league quite comfortably (would have been favourites to win it I think).

Second season - Expected to get relagated according to media. Finished in play offs but unfortunately lost in final.

Third season - After two good season with Tranmere, I was headhunted by Peterborough (they'd just sacked their manager after getting relegated from Championship). Sounded a good oppurtunity. What I'd not taken into account is their star players all had relegation release clauses, so they were leaving for peanuts and I could do nothing about it! Frustrating but good that I could build my own side. Predicted to finish 3rd, which I did then won the Play Off final which is great.

Fourth season - Expected to finish 19th, won the league comfortably!! Pics attached. Now got £33m to strengthen in the PL. I only have a handful of players that will probably be good enough in PL, Matthew Targett, Jermaine Anderson, Jerome Sinclair, James Wilson, Ashley Fletcher for eg! Looking forward to it :) Used nothing but the tatic in OP.

Following on from last update, according to the media I'd finish 19th! Again exceded expectations and finished 5th (therefore qualified for Europa League :)) Moving into a new 23,000 stadium soon and have about £60m to spend on players next season :) The attached pics show some key updates. Only signings I've ever made have been players off TL, so never spent the earth on players. This save alone proves this tactic is great!

Also, although I finished 5th first season in PL with Peterborough, you can see from the league table that what a lot of people have been saying is correct - you do leak goals when your defence isn't the best! Only 3 teams in the league conceded more than me! But on the other hand it was only top of the league who scored more than me. It screams goals this tactic. With the budget I have for next season I'll be focusing on bringing in defenders / goalkeeper!

What kind of players do you need at cm? Balanced midfielders or will a player like Asensio do well at cm attack? Also what strong foot do you recommend for the strikers? E.g is it better with a left footed striker on the right or the left?

Just the OP tac without any version of tweak?

Following on from last update, according to the media I'd finish 19th! Again exceded expectations and finished 5th (therefore qualified for Europa League :)) Moving into a new 23,000 stadium soon and have about £60m to spend on players next season :) The attached pics show some key updates. Only signings I've ever made have been players off TL, so never spent the earth on players. This save alone proves this tactic is great!

What kind of players do you need at cm? Balanced midfielders or will a player like Asensio do well at cm attack? Also what strong foot do you recommend for the strikers? E.g is it better with a left footed striker on the right or the left?

I’ve always gone for players I like in real life, the likes of Asensio as you say is great! Isco, Dele Alli, Savic from Lazio, Eriksen. As simple as it sounds, just anyone better than your current players haha!
Regarding strikers I’ve personally not noticed any difference playing a left footed player on the right for eg, maybe someone else can reply and tell you different haha!

Just the OP tac without any version of tweak?

Yes mate literally just the one in the OP. I’ve not tweaked it at all, kept all player roles, player instructions exactly the same as what’s on the download link. Worked a treat for me!

Props to the OP (and those who tweaked), this is a game-breaking tactic.

Playing with Wrexham, I've won consecutive promotions from Vanarama National and League 2, losing 2 matches in each season and shattering records for points and goals scored. I tweaked a little myself, taking off the individual instructions to tackle hard, and playing the central BPD as cover. The defense has generally been very strong. I play the attacking CM as a mezz, just because that suited the player I had there. I imagine you could play whatever roles you wanted for that midfield two, so long as one is support and one attack. Perhaps even two support duties would work.

It's a fun tactic if you want to focus on stuff like youth development, scouting, building a strong coaching team, and dealing with the board without having to worry about messing around with tactics all the time.

Question for the forum: like others, I've had the problem where the central of the three strikers doesn't play as well as the right and left-sided AFs. I know there are tweaks playing him as DLF or F9. Have people had success with this?

I dropped my central striker from Advanced forward to Complete Forward. (Pinamonti from Inter Milan). He obliged by scoring 60 goals in his first full season, aged 20.

How to counter this tactic ?

Yes mate literally just the one in the OP. I’ve not tweaked it at all, kept all player roles, player instructions exactly the same as what’s on the download link. Worked a treat for me!

How can I counter this tactic because one of my friend use it and no one until now knows how to counter this formation ::?

How can I counter this tactic because one of my friend use it and no one until now knows how to counter this formation ::?

That's what I like to hear!!! I personally hope there is no way to counter it!!!! Haha no in all seriousness I've no idea myself mate, maybe someone else on the thread can assist :)

Wow best tactic ever. Finished 2nd with Stoke City first season with 92 points. If only Man U weren't consistent I would have won the league. Won away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Spurs and Chelsea.

Front 3 were amazing (99 goals and 65 assists between them).

Won the FA cup beating Spurs 5-1 in the final.

6th season - Peterborough

6th season in total, but only 2nd season in PL with Peterborough :) Although finished 5th in first season, was predicted to finish 19th 2nd season. Managed to finished 6th, again qualifying for Europa League :) First time in Europa League I got knocked out vs Atletico Madrid (who went on to win the whole thing and Spanish La Liga that season). Personally think if Britt Assombolonga hadn't got a long term injury (5 months out) I'd have comfortably finished in top 4 therefore qualify for CL. You can see his stats for his games he played before he got injured he was still banging them in for fun (he finished top scorer of the league in my first season in PL). Overall happy with the PL / Europa League season, again going to aim to strengthen all over the pitch. To me it shows this tactic does work as I'm playing bang average players a lot and still getting results IE Callum Gribbin, Lookman, Asombolonga and they're all stars for me so far. I think the fact I'm only in Europa League / general repuation of Peterborough is stopping "big" players interested in coming to me but hopefully I'll finish top 4 in order to attract better players. Hopefully it's going so well for everyone else :)

Has there been a recent update that has changed the match engine or AI? Effectiveness & form seems to have dipped dramatically over the last few times I’ve loaded my game.

Fantastic tactic! I use the tweaked one.

When you have to old your result what you do?

3rd season in PL - Peterborough

First two seasons in PL qualified for Europa League :)

Third season I got a massive budget of about £150m! Improved the defence and attack and signed a wonderkid in CM from Sunderland. It's paid off massively :)

Great tactic but little inconsistent. So, in the first season I started a new save with Hull, promoted by winning the league, winning also the FA cup but in the second season, we played 10 matches and I lost all my away games without scoring and conceeding at least 3 goals. What can be the problem?