Redknapp bemoans 'farcical' goal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK the point is Nani scored, end of. It may have been handball or free kick but the referee never said either. At the end of the day Nani scored, Manchester United won and I doubt had the goal been disallowed that it would have gone in favour of Spurs.

Have a nice day. (A)

Of course we realise he scored, we're just discussing whether we feel it was a legitimate goal...

why did the ref give an advantage though? nobody wanted to play advantage
Could have thrown the ball out quickly to try and start a counter attack. That would have been a good advantage but gomes ****** it up.

I've seen too many gaffe videos where goalkeepers have put the ball down and a clever striker has nicked it from behind them and scored.

David Seaman's goalkeeping nightmares?

:wub: Got that on dvd.

I'm sick of this play to the whistle bullshit. Even if you take it, no whistle = Nani handles the ball.

**** your play to the whistle, Nani is a cheating c*nt that I hate more than any other play in the game and **** like this is why.

a) Wasnt a penalty
b) He handballed, therefore game is stopped.

Clattenburg makes mistake after mistake after mistake so **** blaming Gomes.

Whats one of the first things you're taught as a kid whilst learning to play football?

play to the whistle right?
so ******* do it,

Clattenberg couldn't see it, linesman probably made the call to give advantage, Gomes' fault. If that'd have happened to Arry, he'd be laughing and applauding the ref...

Could have thrown the ball out quickly to try and start a counter attack. That would have been a good advantage but gomes ****** it up.

Okay, but if he's given advantage, we havent had an advantage. Therefore play should be brought back

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Whats one of the first things you're taught as a kid whilst learning to play football?

play to the whistle right?
so ******* do it,

Clattenberg couldn't see it, linesman probably made the call to give advantage, Gomes' fault. If that'd have happened to Arry, he'd be laughing and applauding the ref...

The linesman has seen and said to the ref that it was a handball. So why isnt Clattenberg bringing it back for our free kick is the question. WHy?

Should have been a pen anyway so it shouldn't matter. The linesman gave the foul and the ref bottled it and overruled that because he was to scared to overrule a goal at Old Trafford. And any United fan who says that refs aren't biased at Old Trafford are biased themselves.

Okay, but if he's given advantage, we havent had an advantage. Therefore play should be brought back

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

The linesman has seen and said to the ref that it was a handball. So why isnt Clattenberg bringing it back for our free kick is the question. WHy?

CJ you seem unable to accept the advantage rule isnt like rugby, you get one chance at it, if you **** it up it doesnt get brought back. Gomes ****** it up, Advantage played.

Because Spurs where in control off the ball, he didnt slow down the game by giving a pen, it is actually good refing as he is letting the gae flow.

Also Clattenburg is dreadful he already had to take a year out of football for allegations in the Merseyside derby, get him out.

I would have had more sympathy if Gomes had tried to take the free kick from where the incident occured.
However, the ref never blew the whistle so he shouldn't have taken the chance of putting the ball down in his own area.
I think it was Scholes who was also aware of his gaffe as he ran 25 yards towards the area looking for the pass which reminded me of Torres and Kuyt who were just more aware than the defenders.
Clattenburg doesnt have a good record of helping Spurs at OT does he?

CJ you seem unable to accept the advantage rule isnt like rugby, you get one chance at it, if you **** it up it doesnt get brought back. Gomes ****** it up, Advantage played.

Because Spurs where in control off the ball, he didnt slow down the game by giving a pen, it is actually good refing as he is letting the gae flow.
No but if the fouls given and the ref plays advantage but you stop because you were fouled, you get the foul right? That's what Gomes did. When has anyone played an advantage from a blatant handball like that.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------[/COLOR]

You might be right. I personally thought they were meant to see if an advantage develops and if not bring it back. Spurs definetly didn't get an advantage. XD Might be wrong though.

Last edited:
No but if the fouls given and the ref plays advantage but you stop because you were fouled, you get the foul right? That's what Gomes did. When has anyone played an advantage from a blatant handball like that.

He didnt stop, he picked up the ball moved it forward 10 yards and then went to kick it, at no point did he stop, or the whistle was thrown. If spurs are in control of the ball, he can play on whether it was handball or not. to keep the game flowing.

He didnt stop, he picked up the ball moved it forward 10 yards and then went to kick it, at no point did he stop, or the whistle was thrown. If spurs are in control of the ball, he can play on whether it was handball or not. to keep the game flowing.
Completely disagree, you cannot have an advantage from that situation. Either a penalty or a handball, nothing else.

Completely disagree, you cannot have an advantage from that situation. Either a penalty or a handball, nothing else.

You can surely have an advantage and spurs got one. Gomes just ****** it up.

Another point why was Ferdinand allowed to argue his point, while all the Tottenham players were sent away. The Spurs players were sent away because the linesman agreed that it was handball and no advantage was gained. So it should have been a foul.

Another point why was Ferdinand allowed to argue his point, while all the Tottenham players were sent away. The Spurs players were sent away because the linesman agreed that it was handball and no advantage was gained. So it should have been a foul.

The spurs players were sent away, due to the nature of there appeals. If the ref deems then aggressive they dont need to speak to them.

You can surely have an advantage and spurs got one. Gomes just ****** it up.
Your impossible to argue with, so I cba. I'll leave by saying I have done my level 2 badges and referee under 15's football on a Sunday, and I know for a fact that, everything in that situation was wrong. When a player falls over and handles the ball, it is either because it has been a foul against him, or he got it wrong and he has handled the ball. The latter is the case. Gomes cannot play advantage with Nani lying on the floor behind him, so he took the foul. He has every right to take the foul, as no immediate advantage was present. All the Tottenham players saw it this way as they walked away expecting Gomes to take his free-kick. Howler of a decision, argue all you want, I will leave it at that.

No, your wrong.

If advantage is played but you do not gain an advantage then the referee can call the game back to the original foul. It's not like spurs played on and lost the ball.

But people are forgetting about one thing. What about the assistant? I know it was a little late but he still did raise his flag.

No, your wrong.

If advantage is played but you do not gain an advantage then the referee can call the game back to the original foul. It's not like spurs played on and lost the ball.

Your couldnt be more wrong if you tried.

The foul was never given, Spurs had control of the ball( in gomes hands) then he ****** up.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

But people are forgetting about one thing. What about the assistant? I know it was a little late but he still did raise his flag.

And he is called the assistant for a reason, His opinion is almost worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back