Redknapp bemoans 'farcical' goal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its tough, just accept it and get over it, there are plenty more games. Nani took advantage of gomes, who wouldnt, if that was the other way round you wouldnt mind tho

the flag was up for deliberate hand ball ..Ref plays advantage... gomes sees flag up goes to take free kick nani nips in and puts the ball in the back of the net..
at the minimum after goal nani should have been booked for hand ball full stop

what should have happened the ref should have had the balls to disallow the goal and nani booked the was no advantage to spurs how many time have you seen play stop after advantage was played when there was none??????

Being a yid it is bitter to swallow a decision that looked farcical from the moment Nani tumbled in the box but it always seem to happen to us but what goes around comes around and I am sure United fans will be complaining at some point during the season when a howler of a decision goes against them like the Fulham fans have been saying its Kharma.

Always play to the whistle is what we are always told so you just have to move on and get over it. No amount of complaining is going to make any difference.

Your impossible to argue with, so I cba. I'll leave by saying I have done my level 2 badges and referee under 15's football on a Sunday, and I know for a fact that, everything in that situation was wrong. When a player falls over and handles the ball, it is either because it has been a foul against him, or he got it wrong and he has handled the ball. The latter is the case. Gomes cannot play advantage with Nani lying on the floor behind him, so he took the foul. He has every right to take the foul, as no immediate advantage was present. All the Tottenham players saw it this way as they walked away expecting Gomes to take his free-kick. Howler of a decision, argue all you want, I will leave it at that.

And Clattenburg has done his Pro European Ref badge, that means he is in a better stead then your crappy u15 matches you try to ref in.

The foul was never given, So there is no advantage anyway. Gomes made a error, get over it.

Me impossible to argue with? Thats because your speaking ****.

I know.. just thought I'd show another incident :)

Also, Nani's goal was also legit.

DMF - that's completely different, but i'm not sure which was funnier;)
the referee did not appear to have control over the incident in this case. Nani (c'mon United fans, I rate him as highly as most of you do, excellent player, but right from the minute he started juggling it at Arsenal you must have realised what a **** you have on your hands?) The main blame must go to the referee for not awarding a freekick for handball, and if he wasn't watching an incident in that area when he is 40 yards away, and THEN fails to consult his assistant, the referee is the main culprit. It was a dreadful dive and THEN handball by Nani, and obviously he must be blamed for that but he was trying to help his team, again it is Clattenburgs fault for not awarding the freekick. Gomes has excellent reflexes but has never appeared to be very clever - like everyone was saying, **** decision or not you must play to the whistle and there are no two ways about it. I still think that Nani should be punished for the incident though, and if i was a United fan I would honestly be as disgusted with him as I am now, you can't commend that. Dreadful.

I dont think it matters in the end because Spurs were never going to score....

I dont think it matters in the end because Spurs were never going to score....

It didnt look as if we would score but you can never say never, we may only have needed one scrappy chance, but we were still in the game before the goal, but the second killed us.

the flag was up for deliberate hand ball ..Ref plays advantage... gomes sees flag up goes to take free kick nani nips in and puts the ball in the back of the net..

The flag was never up, the assistant put up the flag after Gomes rushed over to him. Gomes make a stupid error. End of.

I wouldn't say its Gomes' fault, he's unlucky, what ref plays advantage when the balls in the team in question's box? Everyone thought it should be a freekick, but the ref didn't blow the whistle. So the goal is legitimate.

I'd like it if Clattenburg spoke to the media either explaining his decision or admitting an error.

We don't even know if he played advantage anyway. He could have just played on without even noticing Nani's handball, which is what I now think happened. Either way, play shouldn't have managed to reach the goal without being stopped for one reason or another, so Spurs can feel a bit hard done by. Gomes can't though!

One thing I will never understand about it is that, why did Nani not get the yellow card? It was a blatant deliberate handball, even if it was advantage, he should have gotten his card.

In my eyes, it's the wrong call.

i dont think clattenberg saw the handball, hence no freekick - he seemed to just indicate that it was no penalty, play on... Gomes than took law into his own hands, giving himself a freekick 10-12 yards forward of the incident and got mugged... Gomes = goon

I don't think he saw the handball either, but surely the linesman should have told him?

And Clattenburg has done his Pro European Ref badge, that means he is in a better stead then your crappy u15 matches you try to ref in.

The foul was never given, So there is no advantage anyway. Gomes made a error, get over it.

Me impossible to argue with? Thats because your speaking ****.
My "crappy Under 15" matches I referee are keeping youngsters of the street to do something constructive and healthy with themselves. So me helping my community (free of charge) ends up with know-it-all dickwads like you bad mouthing that. Whether he has qualifications or not, we all use the same ****** rule book. And if your honestly gonna sit here and stand by Mark Clattenburg just have a little look at this: http://clattenburg.epetitions.net/signatures.php?petition_id=206

Here's another story which a lot of you will dismiss but it is 100% true. An older friend of my parents who I have known since very young is the person who recommended doing my refereeing badges, as he is know reffing Blue Square South matches, went to a conference for Ref's a year or so back, which had Mr Graeme Poll as the lead speaker, and he held a Q&A session at the end, where my friend put his hand up and said "Can I ask you a question about Mark Clattenburg?" to watch Graeme Poll immediately replied, "Are you an Evertonian?". This conference was in Aldershot, so hardly a place roaming with Evertonians, so how did he know immediately of this?? Anyway my friend replied "Yes, I am." and Poll said "Come and find me after and I'll speak to you then."
So Nick(my friend) did just this and Poll's reply was "There's a lot of conspiracy surrounding this, and the murmurings around the referee's association is that something dodgy went on that day, and that he did get paid off, and a lot of us do not believe he should be allowed to referee another game."

So your highness Scott, Pro European Ref badge means ****-all when you've got no integrity, and next time you try bad mouthing my youth work come and say it to my face.

i dont think clattenberg saw the handball, hence no freekick - he seemed to just indicate that it was no penalty, play on... Gomes than took law into his own hands, giving himself a freekick 10-12 yards forward of the incident and got mugged... Gomes = goon

The linesman flagged it, and more than likely told the referee so.

My "crappy Under 15" matches I referee are keeping youngsters of the street to do something constructive and healthy with themselves. So me helping my community (free of charge) ends up with know-it-all dickwads like you bad mouthing that. Whether he has qualifications or not, we all use the same ****** rule book. And if your honestly gonna sit here and stand by Mark Clattenburg just have a little look at this: http://clattenburg.epetitions.net/signatures.php?petition_id=206

Here's another story which a lot of you will dismiss but it is 100% true. An older friend of my parents who I have known since very young is the person who recommended doing my refereeing badges, as he is know reffing Blue Square South matches, went to a conference for Ref's a year or so back, which had Mr Graeme Poll as the lead speaker, and he held a Q&A session at the end, where my friend put his hand up and said "Can I ask you a question about Mark Clattenburg?" to watch Graeme Poll immediately replied, "Are you an Evertonian?". This conference was in Aldershot, so hardly a place roaming with Evertonians, so how did he know immediately of this?? Anyway my friend replied "Yes, I am." and Poll said "Come and find me after and I'll speak to you then."
So Nick(my friend) did just this and Poll's reply was "There's a lot of conspiracy surrounding this, and the murmurings around the referee's association is that something dodgy went on that day, and that he did get paid off, and a lot of us do not believe he should be allowed to referee another game."

So your highness Scott, Pro European Ref badge means ****-all when you've got no integrity, and next time you try bad mouthing my youth work come and say it to my face.

Okay Stann, Said me your postcode then, Better then that, i said you mine.

That story is utter ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back