Redknapp bemoans 'farcical' goal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal was not legit though and you know that, I think your just sore that we got the goal against Fulham.

We should have had the free kick and you know it, there was a handball. Then to top it off Ferdinand is allowed to talk to the ref and persuade him but our players arent.

From what I can tell, you seem to be incrediby sore on this matter. More than anyone else on here <)

I was bothered at the time because even YOUR players were shocked it stood but guess what? I got over it t so stop moaning about it and just accept it. You were 1-0 down, you're still doing well and you're in the champions league.

Get over it, mate.

LOL. So we shouldn't have had a free kick for Nani's handball or dive?

Lol, to say the ref has done nothing wrong is ridiculous. However the goal is legit.

OKay i admit, he did do something wrong, he should of gave us a pen and sent your player off for stopping a goal scoring oppurtunity, happy now?

LOL. So we shouldn't have had a free kick for Nani's handball or dive?

Handball shouts are fair enough but there was no dive from Nani.. you could clearly see him being tugged and clipped.. there have been far more dubious decisions to give penalties than that, I know Nani has started diving but that is defiantly what you call a penalty.

Handball shouts are fair enough but there was no dive from Nani.. you could clearly see him being tugged and clipped.. there have been far more dubious decisions to give penalties than that, I know Nani has started diving but that is defiantly what you call a penalty.

Yes he was being tugged. he still went down easily and it would have been a slightly soft pen, but also after wards when he went down clutching his face after Gomes had not touched him.

Nani is a disgrace to football.

Nani is not the only person who dives, you're just using his diving habit as a scapegoat for the fact that he was the person to score his bizarre goal.

I am just going to post a word of advice for anyone considering arguing with Scott.

DO NOT! IT IS A POINTLESS AND FRUSTRATING EXERCISE, WHICH WILL ONLY EVER END IN HIM WINDING YOU UP TO THE POINT WHERE YOU CANNOT BE ARSED ANYMORE, OR HE WILL SHY OUT OF IT WITH A STUPID COMMENT.

Right I'm done.

I am just going to post a word of advice for anyone considering arguing with Scott.

DO NOT! IT IS A POINTLESS AND FRUSTRATING EXERCISE, WHICH WILL ONLY EVER END IN HIM WINDING YOU UP TO THE POINT WHERE YOU CANNOT BE ARSED ANYMORE, OR HE WILL SHY OUT OF IT WITH A STUPID COMMENT.

Right I'm done.

I love you too mate.

It has been a pleasure.

You are impossible to argue with because you have a misguided arrogance that you are always correct, a failure to understand that other people have different opinions that may contain good points

Duh, 90% of people associated with Man United, including fans.

I love you too.

I fail to see how anything other then a Gomes blunder is the only outcome here, this is just typical of people to look to blame the ref, rather then there players short comings.

Cheers for the comments, really meant a lot to me. ;)

Haha.

Obviously Gomes is to blame for the actual goal being scored. The referee has made some dubious decisions leading up to the goal which means that maybe the situation shouldn't have been allowed to happen. But yes, I agree with you that I don't like to see abuse of the referee either, as it's such a difficult job and it's impossible to see everything. However it looks like he has made a mistake here, but so has Gomes, so the blame can't solely lie with either. To be honest I don't care what happens, as I'm not connected to either team.

And regarding my comment, if you took the time to write out you opinions properly then people would be more likely to consider them in greater detail. You don't have to force your opinion on everyone else, unless your aim is to try and antagonise them. If you debated the points by respecting their views whilst trying to put across your own opinion then I'm sure it'd be far more productive than this argument.

Haha.

And regarding my comment, if you took the time to write out you opinions properly then people would be more likely to consider them in greater detail. You don't have to force your opinion on everyone else, unless your aim is to try and antagonise them. If you debated the points by respecting their views whilst trying to put across your own opinion then I'm sure it'd be far more productive than this argument.

I loving this "arguement" even though i would call it a love fest. ;)

As the Sheep has spoken. Go to VMS if anyone wants to continue.

Last edited:
Right I am a Spurs fan, and while Clattenburg has made a monumental ****-up,(he will claim he played the advantage, most would argue, there is no advantage to be had in your own penalty area) Gomes was at fault!

The referee clearly told him to play on, and I cant understand why Gomes did not launch us on a counter attack whilst Nani was down playacting! (and don't say he wasn't cause he was fine when he scored!)

It did cost us the game, at 1-0 there is always a chance, 2-0 down and we didnt have time to come back, however I still hold that Gomes should have took the advantage the referee offered and so is at fault for this.

this has got to be the most pointless argument ive seen in a while, let it rest already

I loving this "arguement" even though i would call it a love fest. ;)

I was meaning the argument about the goal throughout the thread, not our love fest :wub:

But if you're quoting me, please do it correctly! ;)

Edit - Started writing before madsheep posted. Sorry!

I was meaning the argument about the goal throughout the thread, not our love fest :wub:

But if you're quoting me, please do it correctly! ;)

Edit - Started writing before madsheep posted. Sorry!

Last from me, i think this thread is just a general love fest, everyone seems to wanna talk about me, You, Stann and CJ. :wub:

Isn't this what footballs about, and I guess I would expect this from a MUSA supporter
expect what? dont make ridiculous comments it just makes you argument look weak. at the end of the day, the ref could have blown for a penalty, he could have blown for a handball. but there was no whistle, gomes made the error it was a goal. no need for people to bring random stories questioning clattenbergs integrity, or spouting that the goal wasnt legit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back