Remembering Kevin Francis - Direct Target Man 442 Tactic - 117 points Birmingham 1st Season

Remembering Kevin Francis - Direct Target Man 442 Tactic - 117 points Birmingham 1st Season 2

abbes

Jan 11, 2010
London, UK
This tactic did poorly on FM Arena. How?

It’s doing bits for me in my Sassuolo save!
all those tactic tests are not worth much, to be fair.
i tend to trust people opinions way more than any test - that's why i always read the comments and watch screenshots, if it's working for people it's working, no matter how well/bad it performs in any kind of 'tests'.

as of the tactic - it is truly phenomenal for me. i am not afraid to say, that it may be the best tactic i tried this year.

great job.

White Europe

Feb 2, 2014
i was trying to make 2nd tactic to hold the lead and to start the hard away games:
two tests where assistant done transfers all just holiday:
Everton: tactic with AF
BMG: tactic with TM

Attachments

Reactions: Florsca

White Europe

Feb 2, 2014
did you usy oh nicloa zigc oringal fro home games?
In this test only away version was used, but in my proper saves i do use nikola zigic home and away against small teams.
When playing matches i like to start with away and change if need goals or other way round.

Reactions: cragswfc

omrgul

Mar 26, 2014
Hey WhiteEurope, which AWAY version with TM or AF?

I used this tactic with Fulham for some games. Mitrovic as TM scoring good and Tedic as AF, but I am conceding on the other end of the pitch as well, usually from the middle open space. Having a BWM in front of back 4 seems a good idea. How much attacking potency this tactic loses this way?

White Europe

Feb 2, 2014
Hey WhiteEurope, which AWAY version with TM or AF?

I used this tactic with Fulham for some games. Mitrovic as TM scoring good and Tedic as AF, but I am conceding on the other end of the pitch as well, usually from the middle open space. Having a BWM in front of back 4 seems a good idea. How much attacking potency this tactic loses this way?
I use TM if i have one, if not then AF.
With BWM its almost like 541 so it won't be best atacking option, but still winning league with everton and bmg is good with nit much goals conceded, few post back i have test of just original 442 with werder 2nd place lots of goals but also over 40 cenceded, that's why i have away version to have better balance between atack and defence.

thedude1979

Dec 7, 2009
Hope all are going well. As I said I had some time off playing. Am in 2025 - towards the end of the season with Birmingham and have not lost since March 2024 in any competition - currently 69 games unbeaten!

Reactions: White Europe

thedude1979

Dec 7, 2009
Finally succumbed 2-0 away to Man City after 74 unbeaten and a 17 game winning streak. Easily my best ever on any FM

thedude1979

Dec 7, 2009
Season end 2025 with Birmingham: Won Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, European Super Cup & Charity Shield. INVINCIBLE :)

Reactions: White Europe

patrickLFC92

Jul 1, 2020
I haven't used this yet but I will give it a go very soon, looks to have worked very well for a lot of people so hopefully it'll work well on my Sunderland save. I know you've said that you do not use any opposition instructions but does that mean none at all, so none set by assistant pre-game, or did you mean you just don't set them yourself or have any sort of presets you use. Sorry this might be a bit of a stupid question