Remembering Kevin Francis - Direct Target Man 442 Tactic - 117 points Birmingham 1st Season

Remembering Kevin Francis - Direct Target Man 442 Tactic - 117 points Birmingham 1st Season 2

Tried with the 20.4.1 patch, didn't seem to work as good. Will wait for the update :)

PALERMO UPDATE ,UNBEATABLE SEASON!!!!!WON THE SERIE C,WON THE CUP,Promoted to SERIE B ???

Football Manager 2020 27.03.2020. 20_46_54.png

Football Manager 2020 27.03.2020. 20_47_03.png

Football Manager 2020 27.03.2020. 20_47_13.png

Football Manager 2020 27.03.2020. 20_47_25.png

Football Manager 2020 27.03.2020. 20_48_31.png

Football Manager 2020 27.03.2020. 21_06_12.png

Football Manager 2020 27.03.2020. 21_44_28.png

Football Manager 2020 27.03.2020. 20_48_56.png

Another incredible season finished !Even I have just two own players,all players loaned from City,Chelsea,Liverpool,and Monaco!!
Next Season I have a plan maybe to sign some extra cheep players just to have my own,and for sure again loan youngsters from other clubs because there are no money for me to buy media level players!My budget its still half milion and it will be really hard in Seria B to win promotion!
I will do my best in Transfer Market as always!
Forza Palermo......Juventus WE ARE KNOCKING ON THE DOOR ????

Last edited:
PALERMO UPDATE ,UNBEATABLE SEASON!!!!!WON THE SERIE C,WON THE CUP,Promoted to SERIE B ???

View attachment 492511

View attachment 492512

View attachment 492513

View attachment 492514

View attachment 492515

View attachment 492526

View attachment 492516

Another incredible season finished !Even I have just two own players,all players loaned from City,Chelsea,Liverpool,and Monaco!!
Next Season I have a plan maybe to sign some extra cheep players just to have my own,and for sure again loan youngsters from other clubs because there are no money for me to buy media level players!My budget its still half milion and it will be really hard in Seria B to win promotion!
I will do my best in Transfer Market as always!
Forza Palermo......Juventus WE ARE KNOCKING ON THE DOOR ????
Great job mate! Looking good. Some killer loan signings there!

@thedude1979 mate, how much time does the tactic need to be ok with players?
I am to be hired at the middle of the season - so will have no time to adapt it
thanks in advance

@thedude1979 mate, how much time does the tactic need to be ok with players?
I am to be hired at the middle of the season - so will have no time to adapt it
thanks in advance

All tactics need to be ok with your players and need time to bed in. You definitely need good wingers and a fast striker along with a strong, powerful target man. Give it a go, but don't expect excellence straight away - maybe change all your training to tactics for 2 weeks?

Hey @thedude1979 I'm really struggling with my Bolton team since getting promoted, I've got a couple of long throw experts, a decent target man and a quality AF.

Any ideas?

Short Update Palermo save! 22 January 2022

Football Manager 2020 28.03.2020. 23_32_47.png

Football Manager 2020 28.03.2020. 23_33_02.png

Football Manager 2020 28.03.2020. 23_01_43.png

Even my favorite Italian club try to give me a contract I decided to continue my Palermo carrier because JOB IS NOT DONE YET!
Running forward to Serie A ????

Hi, first time poster on here.

I just love this tactic, I'm playing as Derby County. Now in the second season. First season the tactic dropped off with about 15 games to go and i had to totally change to secure play offs. (Lost on pens in final)
This time round after 12 games i was first in the league having W9 D2 L1, then i came up against the higher end top 6 teams. And im back to really struggling from nowhere!

I have also noticed on the match engine, the defence is abit all over (balls over the top, players easily pass the full backs).

I will share some pictures of my team in a while plus my changes.
I was thinking is there prehaps some minor tweaks to mentality that kind of thing in different scenarios.
I.e. if im underdog, if I'm getting dominted by half time, if I'm protecting a tight lead, chasing a goal with 20 to go on.
Ideally i’d make these changes and resave them for different versions of the tactic.

I just love this tactic, I'm playing as Derby County. Now in the second season. First season the tactic dropped off with about 15 games to go and i had to totally change to secure play offs. (Lost on pens in final)
This time round after 12 games i was first in the league having W9 D2 L1, then i came up against the higher end top 6 teams. And im back to really struggling from nowhere!

I have also noticed on the match engine, the defence is abit all over (balls over the top, players easily pass the full backs).

I was thinking is there prehaps some minor tweaks to mentality that kind of thing in different scenarios.
I.e. if im underdog, if I'm getting dominted by half time, if I'm protecting a tight lead, chasing a goal with 20 to go on.
Ideally i’d make these changes and resave them for different versions of the tactic.

I wouldn't change mentality during games unless 2 goals up, every time i change it i conced a goal. Hold shape, regroup, narrow defence maybe slower tempo will help to hold the lead better. If u can't score check oponent formation play down the flanks if they overloading midfield, or trough the middle if they only have 2 midfilders. If more posession nedeed tick off counter and change AF to f9 or dlf or Pt support.

fixtures.png After the forest game i made the updates to the defense, even with the clean sheets the balls getting past my defense prior were appauling.
formation.pngThe individual changes are as seen, keeper became sweeper, center backs became ball playing, full backs become wing backs, oh and get stuck in instruction turned on.

lineup.pngProbably the best lineup i have suited to this tactic, i bought Pedersen ( i know he has done well for birmingham in this), litreally the worst defender i've ever owned cost me a fortune of goals, sold him at a loss 6 months on.

squad1.pngTeam part1

squad2.pngTeam part2

table.pngLeague so far

I love the feel of the tactic, like i say just need to know if i should be making small changes, thanks to White Europe i will try these changes in games, i still feel like i'd like a few versions of the tactic for different scenarios, maybe my defensive changes aren't the answer either but it felt ME wise alot safer.

Last edited:

Just buy or loan correct players and you will not have a problems!I have played around 300 matches and I didnt change nothing even during a game,my assistant is doing shouts in match,just watch the game in extended highlights,look at the form of your players,keep up morale high and players happy and this tactic will not let you down,trust me

Just buy or loan correct players and you will not have a problems!I have played around 300 matches and I didnt change nothing even during a game,my assistant is doing shouts in match,just watch the game in extended highlights,look at the form of your players,keep up morale high and players happy and this tactic will not let you down,trust me

Take a look at my squad, see what you think. Images are in my last post there.

Take a look at my squad, see what you think. Images are in my last post there.
**** man you are playing with Target Man without any pace and accelleration???Buy even litlle bit smaller but with decent pace,thats the key and be sure to improve your Coaching team and assist manager!

**** man you are playing with Target Man without any pace and accelleration???Buy even litlle bit smaller but with decent pace,thats the key and be sure to improve your Coaching team and assist manager!
The originator of this tactic uses Lukas Jutziwech and Piccoli both target men are slower than Gestede?

i always improve my coaching team season in, season out.