Remembering Kevin Francis - Direct Target Man 442 Tactic - 117 points Birmingham 1st Season

Remembering Kevin Francis - Direct Target Man 442 Tactic - 117 points Birmingham 1st Season 2

this will be my challenge ! take this mates to the premier league! from the lowest to the hightest! :) Added corners from 442 beowulf from knap ( they work really well for me and is the best corners i tested so far ) and added get stuck in for all players and will manage the agression each game !
sss1.JPG

one more question.

is this tactic meant to play with wings and throw balls at the Target man?

not entirely ! the aproximation game with ball possession is at default so the players will end up deciding the best course of action! makes the tactic more unpredictable!
but a good TM will make up for an average team and make them a good team!

one more question.

is this tactic meant to play with wings and throw balls at the Target man?

Yes and no. It doesn't bypass the central midfield area, so you need a very good DLP especially. But, good fullbacks and pacy wingers with good crossing are important. Your target man is vital, but your AF will get loads of goals too - look for composure, acceleration and determination for this player.

Hi,
Firstly thanks for your share.I am looking all comments, it seems like your tactic is working so good.
Congratz :)

But I think I am so unlucky.
I tried your tactic with Oxford City.
Made some good transfers.
But my win rate is below %20.
All my games are lost or draw hahaha :) Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Anyway, thanks again.

Dropping in with another update from St Pauli! managed to stay up second season in the Bundesliga and spent the off season really trying to find the best players I could on a very limited budget for this tactic. My regular back four now have concentration stats of atleast 12 up to 17, anybody I bought in had determination of atleast 13. Unfortunately I just didnt have the budget to improve the Goalkeeper (Arial Reach of my keeper is only 11 and communication of 10) Wingers could also be better for pace and crossing, they average about 12/13 for both stats

Anyway I have attached the seasons results up to the break for the Qatar World Cup and also attached my TM stats. As you can see from the results I dont feel like I am getting the sort of results that others have picked up with this tactic BUT for a team predicted to finish in the relegation zone with a tiny transfer budget compared to the rest of the league AND when you consider that St Pauli have spent maybe 4/5 seasons in the Bundesliga in their entire history id say that this success. As a Birmingham fan I know how unrealistic us winning the premier league is so I do feel like the tactic isnt fulfilling its full potential but as I said at the start of the post, I have not been able to strengthen the squad the way I would like to!

I firmly maintain that this is the most consistent tactic I have tried on FM 20!

Attachments

• Newfixtures.png
    Newfixtures.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 270
  • target man.png
    target man.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 320
Going to try this tonight with a Sheffield Wednesday save, I have 2 natural box to box midfielders but no naturally central midfield. Any idea if it will change the results of the tactic if I go with box to box

Going to try this tonight with a Sheffield Wednesday save, I have 2 natural box to box midfielders but no naturally central midfield. Any idea if it will change the results of the tactic if I go with box to box

I've experimented with all roles in midfield. This combo is definitely the best.

2nd season finished with Norwich finished 8th anything you can suggest to make it better at @thedude1979

Attachments

• 20200406_161735.jpg
    20200406_161735.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 227