Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

In other news..

Spain:
View attachment 222632
Valencia have dominated the La Liga , bringing an end to the reign of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Scotland:
View attachment 222633
Rangers have reclaimed their spot as the top team in the SPL winning the league by 7 points, with Falkirk coming the closest to the Old Firm this year.

Italy:
View attachment 222634

Napoli have won the Serie A this year. I don’t have the league loaded so that’s why the screenshot is in this format , interesting enough Torino finished second last year.

European Competition:
View attachment 222635
FC Porto have claimed the UEFA Champions league by defeating Real Madrid the final , with a shock hattrick of owngoals from Iker Cassilas!
View attachment 222636
Arsenal have managed to win the Europa League this year by beating Getafe in the final , held in their own Emirates Stadium.

In other news..

Spain:
View attachment 222632
Valencia have dominated the La Liga , bringing an end to the reign of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Scotland:
View attachment 222633
Rangers have reclaimed their spot as the top team in the SPL winning the league by 7 points, with Falkirk coming the closest to the Old Firm this year.

Italy:
View attachment 222634

Napoli have won the Serie A this year. I don’t have the league loaded so that’s why the screenshot is in this format , interesting enough Torino finished second last year.

European Competition:
View attachment 222635
FC Porto have claimed the UEFA Champions league by defeating Real Madrid the final , with a shock hattrick of owngoals from Iker Cassilas!
View attachment 222636
Arsenal have managed to win the Europa League this year by beating Getafe in the final , held in their own Emirates Stadium.

What is happening in spain!!!!

Worst way to lose the Champions League IMO. And Casillas still plays? whats his age then? Must be close to 40. Crazy stuff!

YOU'LL GET RELEGATED NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joking, congratulations

Pre-Season Roundup:

Wycombe 0-2 Tranmere
Michael Dunn , Gareth Rose
Newcastle 1-3 Tranmere
Moussa Dembele (2) , Paul Clayton
Brentford 0-2 Tranmere
Moussa Dembele , Diego
Tranmere 5-2 Panathanikos
Sevan Cavus(2), Ihar Shytaun (2) , Silvio Reineso (OG)
Tramere 2-0 Atlanta
Thomas Reilly , Fraser McCarthy

A very successful pre-season scoring plenty of goals and the team have gelled well together despite the new signings which i will highlight now.

Transfer Centre:
Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

INCOMING:
View attachment 222832View attachment 222833View attachment 222834View attachment 222835View attachment 222836View attachment 222837View attachment 222838
Outgoing:
View attachment 222839View attachment 222840
I'm really happy with the business i got down in this transfer window. My main aim was too add some depth to the team because of our injuries last year, and i got in plenty of players and a loan signing from Arsenal. Marc Albrighton was a bit surplus last year so when i got a 7.5million pound bid from Valencia for him , i jumped at it. As for Sovsic i made a nice profit on him , signing him for very little the previous season.

I like the look at some of your signings. Especially Morales & Diego. I can't see you being involved in a relegation battle this year.

Nah th eminimum expectations is to avoid relegation which is fairly kind!

I should have an update up later today

Just read through this and you've done really well. Congratz on staying up and you've made some good signings. Can see you winning the league this season ;).

Season Kick-off:

Barclays Premier League:

Tranmere 1-0 Hull City

View attachment 223126
Very pleasing start to the season. We looked extremely dangerous on the ball , creating plenty of chances for ourselves and caused alot of trouble for the Premier League newboys. Hull managed to keep most of the possession but failed to do anything with it. I would of liked to win this match with a little more of a comfort zone but we only managed to steal the win in Injury time which sent the fans into raptures! Glad to start the season with the full 3 points!

Arsenal 3-1 Tranmere
View attachment 223127
A woeful performance against the North London giants. We couldn’t have asked for a worse start, Michael nCogo seized on a stray pass and beat the keeper from 20 yards out and after that i thought the flood gates were going to open but we managed to keep it at a respectable scoreline of 2-0 at haltime. I tried to encourage the lads a little bit at half time and it paid off. Servan Cavus climbed above the Arsenal Defence to nod in a header on the 62nd​ minute and i thought we couldn’t knick a draw, but we couldn’t create anything after that. Arsenal kept the ball for most of the second half creating so many chances and our defence did well to keep the scoreline down but there was nothing stopping nCogo getting his second 3 minutes from normal time.

English League Cup 2nd​ Round:

Tranmere 3-0 QPR
View attachment 223128
I’m delighted at how the team bounced back after the poor performance at Arsenal. We showed our superiority and also our strength in depth , playing a mixture of youth players and experience. Youngster Paul Scott started his competitive career for Tranmere with a nice goal half an hour in. The game quietened down after that until after half time. 2minutes into the second half Bradley Donaldson scored an own goal to give us a 2 goal lead and set the pace for the second half. We looked so very dangerous on the ball and at times it looked like a traning session for us. Karagounis got his first goal for Tranmere, lovely move finished off by nodding it past the QPR number 1.

Barclays Premier League:

Tranmere 1-0 Fulham

View attachment 223129
Fantastic result against my former club who have run into tough financial times. It was a fairly even match , quite entertaining and both sets of fans would of been happy with a draw. Personally , i wanted to win. Just to beat Fulham and show them that we mean business. It was end to end football for the First 45, but after half time things started to quiet down. It was clear to see that the Fulham defence was getting tired and weren’t pressing as much and Fraser McCarthy took full advantage of their fatigued defence by skinning two players and striking from just inside 20yards to score the only game of the match.

Leeds 2-2 Tranmere
View attachment 223130
So frustrated at this draw , i really felt that we could of won the game, but with the being said Leeds had their fair share of chances aswell. Jason Steele the Leeds number one kept them in the game during the first half pulling of some nice saves. We took the lead just after 20minutes through our Captain Fraser McCarthy but that lead only last for 20minutes when Leeds scored a freekick. I began to panic a bit in the second half , Leeds had a brief spell of dominance and took the lead 15minutes into the second half but after they scored we kicked back into gear to equalize 10 minutes later.

View attachment 223131

A brilliant start to this season. 2 wins a draw and a loss in the league so far , not bad at all. We’re sitting in a nice position 4 games into the season and hopefully we can keep up this sort of form and solidify our status as a Premier League club. Really looking forward to this years League Cup aswell and hopefully we can get as far as we did 2 seasons ago.

Player of the month:
Moussa Dembele

View attachment 223132
I’m delighted to see Dembele repaying the faith i’ve shown in him. He’s had a brilliant month , i’ve been playing him on the left wing so he hasn’t been scoring but he has assisted with most of our goals this season. Many had doubted his abilities after his departure of Fulham 2 years ago but he’s proved them wrong with a really solid month.

when do u usually update this?

Whenever i'm on the laptop basically. I'm playing the next month right now and then i'll write up the update and post it. During the week its usually 7pm but it can vary at weekends and holidays.

Still following your story mate, easily the best FM story I've ever seen. Also well done on the Story of the Week thingo.

Thanks guys! I have an update ready now in awhile just need to upload screenshots and all that and i could have another one with 2-3hours.

Whenever i'm on the laptop basically. I'm playing the next month right now and then i'll write up the update and post it. During the week its usually 7pm but it can vary at weekends and holidays.
ok kl thanks

September Update:

Barclays Premier League:

Manchester United 3-0 Tranmere

View attachment 223225
Not much i can say about this to be honest. We were totally outclassed by a far superior side. Got off to the worst possibly start , letting Hernandez score inside 5minutes and then 20minutes later for his second. We had a really poor first half. I tried to lift the mood in the dressing room at half time and although it motivated them it didn’t do much good result-wise. “Chicarito” completed his hattrick 2 minutes into the second half. From we really throw everything at them , but we weren’t anywhere near good enough to get anything off them.

English League Cup 3rd​ Round:

Tranmere 2-1 Blackpool
View attachment 223226
I’m delighted we won but god, the way in how we won is really annoying. Cavus scored an own goal on the 90th​ minute to give Blackpool the lead , i really thought we had the match lost because we just could not find the net but then on the last second of the game we were given a controversial penalty which Gonzalez slotted passed the Blackpool goalkeeper to level things up and send us into Extra time. It only took us 9minutes to score in extra time and we managed to hold onto that lead. In truth, we totally destroyed Blackpool and really showed our superiority , which i’m happy to see.

Barclays Premier League:

Tranmere 2-2 Aston Villa
View attachment 223227
We were really lucky against Villa today. The Villains had the majority of the possession and created many chances for themselves. We were chasing the game from the first minute , Villa passed the ball around us and really frustrated us and eventually took the lead just after the 35th​ minute. McCarthy then levelled things up for us in the second half with a lovely solo effort but Villa took the lead again through Conor Wickham on the 78th​ minute and at that point the heads dropped and i really though we were going to lose, but then Emil Larsen fancied his chances from 30 yards out and got a fortunate bounce to beat the keeper and level things up.

View attachment 223228

One point from a possible 6 isn’t too bad considering who we played. We played fairly well this month , a good show against Blackpool and a decent effort against Aston Villa. A win against Blackpool in the League cup means we proceed to the 4th​ round and have been put against Millwall, could be an easy way through to the next round!

I only included 3 games in this update in order to get a pattern going. I’m updating on a monthly basis from the 1st​ day of the month to the last and because i finished the update half way through a month it buggered up my pattern. This is why i also didn't includ a player of the month. I'll be back to the monthly updates after his.

October Update:

Barclays Premier League:

Stoke City 3-1 Tranmere

View attachment 223240
Britannia Stadium is probably to hardest place to go to. We’ve never managed to beat Stoke and that didn’t chance today. Stoke have heavily invested in Youth and are starting to charge up the table. They pretty much bossed the game , with 60% of the possession and creating the majority of chances. It was an end-to-end first half with no goals but plenty of action, Stoke having the better opportunities. As soon as the whistle went to start the second half , Stoke upped their game. Within a minute Giovani Sio scored from 6 yards to give Stoke the lead and then 15minutes later , the up and coming star Willian scored to double their lead. Fraser McCarthy gave us a glimmer of hope 8minutes after that but that was short lived as Willian added his second and completed the scoring on the 76th​ minute.

West Ham 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 223241
A good result at The Boleyn Ground against a resilient West ham side who are major over achievers so far this season currently sitting 2nd​ before this game. We took an early lead through Korey Smith with a well placed shot from the edge of the area. We managed to hold that lead until Half time and i felt we really could of built on our lead with the chances we had. 8minutes into the second half my former-player from Fulham Joe Ledley scored a header from 6 yards out after a lovely cross from Victor Blanco. West Ham would of fancied their chances at winning the match, they had a dominant spell towards the end of the match but couldn’t take their lead. I’m happy with a point away from home.

Tranmere 1-0 Everton
View attachment 223242
Another Merseyside derby , well not as big as the real deal but it’s the closest thing to a Derby that Tranmere have. A very entertaining match at Prenton Park. Both sides had their fair amount of chances with Everton having most of the opportunities. Moussa Dembele scored a cracker of a goal from just outside the box curling into the top right hand corner of the Everton net. Everton piled on the pressure after that , trying to get a goal but only tired themselves out. The second half was quite quiet compared to the first half , Everton had a few decent chances but nothing that really challenged Hubert in goal.

League Cup 4th​ Round:

Tranmere 3-2 Millwall

View attachment 223243
With a congested fixture list coming out i played a second string team and nearly paide the consequences for it. Although we were the better side , we found ourselves 2-0 down within half an hour, but the team didn’t panic. A mixture of youth an experience didn’t let us down as we pulled off a fantastic come back. Danny Harper got a goal just before half time to send the team into the dressing room in a buoyant mood. 3 minutes into the second half Korey Smith added another goal to his impressive goal tally this season , scoring more than i would of expected so far. Graham Watkins put even more pressure on the side when he got sent off in the 79th​ minute. The last 10 minutes were really frustrating , we couldn’t find a way past the Millwall defence. 1 minute into injury time and Matthew knight seized a stray pass from one of the Millwall defenders and slotted it past their goalkeeper to send Tranmere into the next round.

View attachment 223251

A fairly pleasing month, a draw at West ham and the full 3 points at home against Everton made up for the loss at Stoke. An important month coming up as we face the likes of Leicester and Sheffield United who will also be looking to stake their claim in the Premier League this season after surviving the drop last year. We also play Chelsea and Tottenham and i fancy our chances at stealing points of them. I’m glad we proceeded into the next round of the League cup by fielding a weak team, just shows the strength in depth we have this year.

Player of the Month:

Guillaume Hubert
View attachment 223252

Our number 1 goalkeeper had the best month of his Tranmere career so far. He’s pulled off some fantastic performances against West ham and Everton and despite conceding 3 against Stoke and 2 against Millwall, he has been really impressive.

Last edited:
November Update:

Barclays Premier League:

Tranmere 0-3 Leicester

View attachment 223370
Terrible performance against a team we really should be challenging. It’s been awhile since I seen a team perform this poorly at home. We were 1 down within 2 minutes and then 12 minutes later Leicester scored again. We didn’t create any chances in the first half of the match and at half time , i felt a bit like Mick McCarthy and gave them the hairdryer treatment and stormed out of the room. It seemed to work for awhile , we immediately began to create some chances and within 4 minutes we had 6 attempts but only one managed to be on target , still it was better than the first half. That was short lived though, Millwall got their third and final goal on the 51st​ minute and after that the whole game quietened down.

Sheffield United 1-0 Tranmere
View attachment 223371
Another disappointing performance against another team we should be challenging. In truth it was a poor match, We had the majority of the chances but failed to challenge Sheffield. The Blades scored the only and winning goal of the match just short of the half hour mark through a corner that was whipped to the back post and nodded in by Henry Orozco. It was only the chance Sheffield had on target and it was the deciding factor. In the second half we tried to get into the game but with our long injury list there was no ammunition on the bench so the players only tired themselves out with their attempts. I’m really disappointed with this defeat.

Tranmere 1-0 Tottenham
View attachment 223372
An extremely fortunate match. We were totally outclassed and outmatched by a superior side. Tottenham kept hailing us with long range attempts , but some brave defending and superb goalkeeping we managed to keep the out. We did have a few our own chances and challenge the keeper a few times but we weren’t clinical enough. We did however take the lead 2 minutes from full time through a freak own goal. We had a corner which was whipped in my Fraser McCarthy it struck off the bar and pelted Brian Henderson on the head and found its way past the line.

Chelsea 0-0 Tranmere
View attachment 223373
Yet another quite fortunate result against one of the top sides of the league. Chelsea weren’t as dominant as Tottenham but they still showed their class against us. They created many dangerous opportunities but couldn’t really challenge Hubert. Most of our team were packed into our own half with a “backs to the wall” effort , doing everything to keep Chelsea out of our final third. Not a pretty sight but it worked and we won a well earned point and quite a valuable one as well.

View attachment 223374

I’d like to say it was a good month with the win against Tottenham and a draw at Chelsea but i’m really annoyed at how lost to Leicester and Sheffield. 6 points lost in quick succession. Football really does astound me sometimes , losing too two sides we should be challenging and then getting a result against two teams who should be making a mess of our defence. Nevertheless , it could of been a lot worse.

Player of the Month:
Sercan Cavus

View attachment 223375
Cavus continues his flourishing Tranmere career with another outstanding month. With an average rating of 7.32 in the last 4 games he really has earned the player of the month award for the team. He won it by quite a margin in the end and the big clubs have been seen in the stands scouting him and knowing that the transfer window is coming up i’ll be doing my utmost to ensure he stays in a Tranmere Jersey next season.