Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

I'll have a pre season update some time today , my exams start tomorrow so i need to really cram today >.<

Pre-Season Roundup:
Friendlies:

Tranmere 1-4 West Ham
Michael Hoganson
Cambridge 3-5 Tranmere
Fraser McCarthy (3) , Michael Porter , Nicky Adams
Portadown 1-3
Korey Smith , Thomas Reilly (2)
Tranmere 2-2 Dundee United
Michael Dunn , Steve Cathro (O.G)
QPR 0-3 Tranmere
Ahmed Elmohamady , Thomas Reilly , Louis Laing
Ebbsfleet 1-1 Tranmere
Dannie Ball

Europa League 3rd​ Qualifying Round:

AEL 0-1 Tranmere
View attachment 221448
A brilliant performance from The Rovers in this tough fixture. This marks our first appearance in European Football and it was a quality way to mark it. The first half was all about keeping a clean sheet, we created a good number of chances but the opposition number 1 kept most of our chances out. During the half time team talk i told the lads that they were doing brilliantly and i was delighted with their performance, confidence was at a high. Pedro Gonzalez and Thomas Reilly were playing together fantastically and on the 72nd​ Gonzalez sent Reilly through and he took the ball around the Keeper and slotted into the bottom corner.

Tranmere 4-0 AEL
View attachment 221449
I’ve never seen the team perform this well. Just look at the stats , total domination and a completely one sided match. I can’t praise the team enough and even if i tried i wouldn’t be able to describe it in words. A proud moment for Tranmere Rovers FC as they proceed into the the next round of the Europa League. Our set piece training over pre-season has shown its progress as 3 of our goals all came from corners. Fraser McCarthy also assisted all 3 of the goals and then added his own little speculative goal from 30 yards out.

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

View attachment 221450

Last edited:
English Premier League Kick-off:
August Update:

Tranmere 1-0 Manchester City

View attachment 221477
Tranmere started off their season with a fantastic victory over League champions Manchester City. It was a very even game with City slightly dominating possession but that wasn’t enough to break down a resilient Tranmere side. Fraser McCarthy gave Tranmere the lead just before the half hour mark after beating 3 men and taking a curling effort from the edge of the area and soared past Joe Hart. Brilliant start to the season.

Europa League 4th​ Qualifying round:

Tranmere 0-1 Neuchatel Xamax

We performed really well but in the end we rued our missed chances. We created so many decent chances but couldn’t take advantage of our domination. The opposition took the lead early on through a mistake in the defence and there was no way Oleg Patotski was going to miss his opportunity to take the lead. It was quiet from there on out. We will regret this , an away goal is really tough to take and we have a big task ahead of us in the return leg.

English Premier League:

Wolves 1-1 Tranmere
A decent draw away from home. We played fairly well , we didn’t create that many chances but we did have a good foothold in the game possession wise. We passed the game fairly well often causing problems for the Wolves midfield. Thomas Reilly gave us the lead 20 minutes in taking a volley after the ball crashed off the crossbar from a McCarthy freekick. We played well after that frustrating the Wolves team , but 9 minutes from time we gave away a silly freekick which was floated to the back post and was left hanging in the air for Nathan Ake to nod in from 6 yards. I’m happy with a point but the game could of been ours.

Europa League 4th​ Qualifying Round second leg:

Neuchatel Naxax 3-1 Tranmere
Really happy with the performance , but i’m really frustrated at how we missed so many chances. We were really on top and could of won the game easily but in the second half we lost complete and utter concentration after McCarthy scored and we were punished by a stubborn Home side. Our European dream is now over , but i’m not too disappointed we managed to get this far and it proves that we are capable of playing against top division sides.

View attachment 221478

A really good start to the premier league , never though i’d get all 3 points off Man City and then a draw at the Molinuex ensured we started our first month in the Premier League unbeaten and sitting in 7th​ place , ahead of the big guns such as both Manchester Clubs. We did fairly well in the Europa league , even though our European dream was short lived we played fairly competitively and were unlucky with the goals we conceded and if we took our chances we could of proceeded.

Player of the Month:
Sercan Cavus

View attachment 221479

The young Turk has come up big for the club again this month in the Premier League , two quality performances in the Tranmere back 4 that have earned him a Average rating of 8 over the last two games.

Last edited:
May/may not have an update update this evening , i've got an exam tomorrow and need to some last minute cramming.

I accidently holiday'd a month, so would you guys like the next 2 updates in one? I've got 19 matchs to cover which will take some time. Would you guys just rather the scorlines and then the match table at the end and then i'll get back into detail for the next update?

I would, but then I have skimmed over most of this (I like it, but 31 pages is a bit much for me :p)

Going well though, Seano. Sucks about retiring as Canada manager (although, with no real players, it's understandable).

Excellent story mate, really like your determination to update it regularly! Keep it up!

September Update:

Barclays Premier League:

Tranmere 1-2 Stoke
Fraser McCarthy
West Ham 2-1 Tranmere
Thomas Reilly
Tranmere 0-1 Sheffield
-
League Cup 3rd​ Round.

Leeds 3-1 Tranmere
Emil Lying

Premier League:

Birmingham 2-1 Tranmere
Fraser McCarthy

October Update

Tranmere 2-2 Arsenal
Elmohamady , Marc Albrighton
Fulham 1-1 Tranmere
Thomas Reilly
Manchester United 3-1 Tranmere
Fraser McCarthy

November Update

Tranmere 1-1 Everton
Fraser McCarthy
Tranmere 1-1 Norwich
Thomas Reilly
Leicester 2-0 Tranmere
-
Blackburn 1-3 Tranmere
Gonzalez, Elmohamady , Thomas Reilly

December Update:

Tranmere 0-3 Leeds
-
Huddersfield 2-2 Tranmere
Fraser McCarthy , Secan Cavus
Tranmere 2-2 Aston Villa
Damir Sovsic (2)
Tranmere 2-3 Chelsea
Thomas Reilly , Fraser McCarthy
Tranmere 0-4 Tottenham
-
Liverpool 2-0 Tranmere
-
Manchester City 5-1 Tranmere
Thomas Reilly

View attachment 221734
Despite our poor position in the league , our position in the Barclays Premier League is by no means under risk. We’ve performed quite well over the past few months. We’ve been extremely unlucky , i couldn’t post screenshots of statistics or give you a description of the matches because my game decided to holiday itself for a few months and would take far too long to update and i know most of you would rather just see results at hand. A few wins now will pull us out of the relegation zone. We’ve had some outstanding performances against the big sides , notably Arsenal but we’ve had no luck at all. I don’t think beginners luck applies to the Premier League.

On a side note , thats the last time i ever ever ever , go that far into the game that i have to update my story with a rather terrible update. Hopefully i won’t lose any followers over this matter. I vow to have my usual updates up from today onwards.

I'm sorry , that really does look bad. Won't happen again :/

you didnt make fulham game a big deal was looking forward to it -_-

you didnt make fulham game a big deal was looking forward to it -_-

I've got them coming up soon i think , i'll make sure to go in depth in that. I'll have another Update tonight covering January. The first season in the Premier league is alot harder than i thought.

It's not bad at all.Oh by the way
GOING DOWN!GOING DOWN!GOING DOWN!

I've really enjoyed reading this story up to you taking Tranmere to the prem. Then all of a sudden you stopped with the monthly updates and screen shots and instead put pretty much half of the season in one short thread :(

I've really enjoyed reading this story up to you taking Tranmere to the prem. Then all of a sudden you stopped with the monthly updates and screen shots and instead put pretty much half of the season in one short thread :(

Yeah man i'm really sorry about that. I got clogged up by mistake and rushed the few months into one update but i assure you it won't happen again. As for the screenshots , i was told by a few people to only include the big matches , however if you want i'll start adding them again?

Jamuary Update:
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

Barclays Premier League:

Tranmere 0-0 Wolves
We really dominated this match. We had 53% of the possession and 23 attempts at goal , but only hitting the target 3 times, which is really worrying. We are plagued with injuries and lack of funds isn’t going to help in the transfer window. With a total of 5 first team players injured including , Elmohomady , Albrighton , Pedro Gonzalez , McCarthy and Reilly i can see us running into a bit of trouble. International break has also hurt our squad depth. Although our wage book is pretty reasonable i amn’t getting much backing from the board funds wise. A point is quite valuable to us at this point in the relegation battle but we need a win soon.

Tranmere 5-2 Reading
Another fantastic performance with 58% of the possession and 21 attempts on goal but at leas this time we managed to take a few of them. I had no choice but to rest some players so I played a few of the reserves and that worked pretty well in my favour instead of risking my first team players. We’ll have McCarthy back for the next match so hopefully we can capitalize with his presence.

Stoke City 2-1 Tranmere
Story of our season , so unlucky. We dominated for most part of the game but failed to create any real chance to strike at Stoke. We couldn’t take advantage of an extra man either, after Steve Nzonzi was sent off for Stoke. McCarthy did managed to score , but sadly he can’t win matches on his own, severely missing Gonzalez’s presence in midfield.

Tramere 0-2 West Ham
Really annoyed at this defeat , 2-0 down after 15minutes because of two stupid penalties. Defence was all over the place and made two mistakes inside the box and West Ham players went down like a tone of bricks. We played really well though , but again we couldn’t take advantage of our chances. We’re passing the ball fairly well and creating chances but not really finding the ability to finish them at the minute.

View attachment 222008
It’s starting to become squeaky *** time. Really feeling the pressure now, to string some wins together to get us out of the bottom three. Huddersfield are starting to pick up form and if they keep going at this rate they’ll leap frog us and I really don’t want to end up sitting bottom of the table.

Player of the Month:
Sercan Cavus
View attachment 222010
This young lad has been the only player who has been performing to Premier League standards so far. Over the last month he’s performed the best of the this bunch of players I have and without him I have no doubt that our goals conceded stat would be a lot higher. Well done to this young fella.

Transfer Center:
View attachment 222009
I only managed to sign one player because of high demands for any player I was looking at. This young lad from Finland cost me a small figure of 400k up front and the rest spread out over 48months. I did have a bid accepted and contracts accepted for Two young Africans who had 4 and half star ratings but because they couldn’t get a work permit the deals were called off. Quiet Transfer window.

I've got to start revising now , I've got an irish exam tomorrow but i'll hopefully have an update for tonight!

Awesome story, and you're a talented writer mate, keep it up!

Awesome story, and you're a talented writer mate, keep it up!

Appreciate it man! I actually based my English Creative Writing with the topic " A sudden change in the main charachters life " on this , moving from a Premier League club to a League 1 club fighting relegation :)