Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

Thanks man! Was a thrilling game, shame about Bolton though. Yeah he's injured for 3 weeks now though :/

GROUP STAGE DRAW
Up first in this update is the Europa League Group stage draw , I was hoping to get a fairly decent group , but it turns out we have arguably one of the hardest groups. Drawn alongside FC Twente , Rosenborg and Genk. Could be a difficult task , but I’m feeling confident.

LEAGUE CUP DRAW.
Next up is the League Cup 3rd Round draw. Ended up getting Newcastle , I can’t complain should be an even contest.

Fulham 2-1 Sunderland
View attachment 211218
Very good performance and we didn’t really deserve to concede the goal , defence was rock solid and Schwarzer was on form for us today. The momentum was in our favour for the entire first half but change a bit after Sunderland scored but we managed to keep them out for the remainder of the game , getting a few chances and had a penalty shout but it wasn’t given. This win propels us up into 6th position in the Barclays Premier League after 3 games.

Other News:
With the international break on , I decided to take a look at our reserves to help bulk up the match day squad , found a few decent players like striker Sa , who can fill in for the injured Zamora and Johnson.
Manchester City are currently leading the Premier league with 9 points from 3 games and newly promoted Norwich are rock bottom with 0 points. Rumours coming out of Craven Cottage suggests that the club could be taken over by a consortium of businessmen , led by a former footballer, no solid reports as of yet.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Fulham
View attachment 211219

Another confident performance from the lads , went into the match as underdogs and proved our sceptics wrong. Marcello Trotta set us up for all 3 points on the 84th minute, no doubt a memorable moment for the reserve player! MOTM performance for John-Arne-Riise as the former Liverpool man adds to his fantastic start to his Fulham career.

Fulham 2-0 FC Twente
View attachment 211220

A very good victory! This was the fixture I was worried about the most from our group and I’m glad to get the 3 points at home. Off to a great start in the Ruopa league and long may it continue! MOTM goes to Bryan Ruiz for his hassling of the Twente Defence , John-Arne got another goal to his name , a typical Riise thumping penalty!

Fulham 3-1 Stoke
View attachment 211221

Expected this to be a tight game , ended up being 3-0 up at half time , really happy with Riise’s form!
Typical Duff got injured in the 3rd minute , tore a calf muscle and will be out for 6months but good news is Joe Ledley is back from injury. This victory sends us into 3rd position. So far so good!

Fulham 0-0 Newcastle (3-1 on penalties)
View attachment 211222

A nice win to finish off the month meaning we won all the matches in this month. Decided to gamble and throw on a reserve squad for this match because of the match congestion , nearly lost it although we had 2 goals disallowed. Still a pleasing result to ensure our ambitions in the Europa League!

Good start mate, keep up the good work.
Love the title by the way :)

Good start mate, keep up the good work.
Love the title by the way :)

Thanks man! Appreciate the comments! Yeah , i thought it suited the story. New update on the way after my dinner , plus more info on the Board Takeover!

LEAGUE CUP 4TH ROUND DRAW
Landed Everton in the League Cup , can’t complain, should be a fairly even contest and if all goes well could land ourselves in the next round, which means more prize money.

Update on the Board Takeover.
Mohammed-Al-Fayed has confirmed that he is discussions with an unnamed consortium, speculation suggests the takeover could be completed soon. Reports have come in from Sportinglife.com , that the unnamed leader of the consortium will name Ralf Rangnick as new manager.

Swansea 2-2 Fulham
View attachment 211238
A very lucky draw if I’m going to be honest , Swansea played us off the park in the second half and I’m just happy to get a point! Played well in the first half , but Swansea were just too good in the second to hold back. Rory Delap got the man of the match award for Swansea , proving to be a good signing.

Rosenborg 0-3 Fulham
View attachment 211237
Quality performance away from home seen us notch in 3 goals against a decent Rosenborg side who caused us a few problems in the back but the important thing Is the 3 points and a clean sheet! Dembele also adds to his goal taly in the Europa league! MOTM goes to Bjorn-Helge-Riise.

Fulham 0-2 Arsenal
View attachment 211236
A respectable scoreline against a strong Arsenal side. Walcott came on at half time and destroyed us on the flank with his pace. Another injury to a first team member.. Joe Ledley is now out for another 3-4 weeks. He’s certainly not have had the best of starts to his Fulham career. Cristian Ansaldi got the MOTM award for Arsenal.

TAKEOVER COMPLETE
Accrington-based business man , Lee Grant has completed his takeover of Fulham. Reports suggested that he intended to replace Sean Collum with German Manager Ralf Rangnick, but Grant has reassured Fulham fans that Sean Collum will continue to lead the club forward.

QPR 0-1 Fulham
View attachment 211235
Brede Hangelands last second header secured an unlikely 3 points for the cottagers. In truth QPR played us off the pitch , the injuries are having a big effect on us as we have no natural first team striker and it seems like every game we get a different player injured. Hopefully our luck changes! No doubt the fans will be happy with a win over fierce rivals QPR. Aaron Hughes has earned himself a MOTM award on the day after his international retirement.

Fulham 2-1 Genk
View attachment 211234
Fairly decent performance from a mediocre team against a testing Genk side. Went 1-0 down after 15 minutes but we got straight back into the match to scure full points. That’s 3 wins out of 3 in the Europa league so far! Mathew Briggs wins another MOTM accolade.

3 wins out of 5 isn’t bad considering our only loss was to Arsenal and a hard task against a desperate Swansea , we currently sit 5th in the table , performing above expectations.

*************************************************​

I can manage to get 2 months uploaded every day , how do you guys feel about that? More or less? Any suggestions or anything i could add?

Manchester City 2-1 Fulham
View attachment 211266
We were helpless to resist the overpowering Manchester City. We did well to score one goal, but unlucky at the same time as John-Arne was ruled offside twice while clean on goal. Nonetheless I’m pleased with the valiant display the team show today. Hoping they can bounce back straight away.

Everton 3 - 4 Fulham.
View attachment 211267
Bobby Zamora marks his injury comeback with a MOTM performance along with 2 goals to his name. It was a fairly level match and we both battled hard but the result came for us at the end up. Very happy can look forward to the next round

Fulham 1-2 Liverpool
View attachment 211268
Didn’t deserve to lose this battle, played well and went 1-0 up things didn’t go to well then an we were eventually consumed by a Dirk Kuyt wonder goal. I’m pleased with the performance though , and we can build on it!

Genk 3-4 Fulham
View attachment 211269
A very entertaining match for the neutrals , Genk never gave up and always threatened us. This win secured us a place in the next round of the Europe. This means I can rest a few players with the congested fixture list coming up. Matthew Briggs got another MOTM award to add to his cabinet.

Wigan 1-1 Fulham
View attachment 211270
A poor result , closely fought battle and I really think we should be beating them comfortably. Nonetheless a draw is a draw. This means we drop down to 8th in the table.

Newcastle 0-1 Fulham
View attachment 211271
A game which I felt we needed to win in order to keep our morale up and to prove to the media we can keep this run of form going. It was a tight match and it took 75 minutes before substitute Mathew Briggs slotted home the winner , and wins another MOTM accolade. This lad is on fire.

In Other News:
A relatively quiet month of news was stirred by the appointment of Martin Jol as the manager of Blackburn Rovers after Steve Kean was sacked after a disastrous start to the season. Moussa Dembele is injured yet again after coming back from 5 weeks , he is now out for another 4 weeks.

Ipswich Town 1-0 Fulham
View attachment 211272
A very very poor performance here , although I accidentally holiday’d it. Still disappointed we have enough ability to see off a mediocre Ipswich Town.

Fulham 4-1 West Brom
View attachment 211273
A very misleading scoreline , West brom dominated the majority of this match , I’m just glad the lads took the chances that they were given , it could of gone either way any other day. Two goals for Murphy means he’s the MOTM.

Decided to write up another update for you guys tonight. I'll have another 2-3 tomorrow. Please don't be shy about suggestions and criticism i want to build on this story!​

FC Twente 0-1 Fulham
View attachment 211388
Not much to say about this match , a fairly even contested match with little real chances at goal. Would of taken a draw but I’m delighted to get the 3 points from a last minute strike from Ruiz. This blows the door wide open for Genk to get ahead of Twente to qualify and will be decided on the last game of the group stage! Man of the Match goes to Centre Back Aaron Hughes.

Progress in Finances:
View attachment 211389
Here’s just a little update of how the finances have been going since my takeover. The Europa League has helped a good bit , getting 100k+ for every win , which has been every match so far has improved the finances and although we are still in a poor financial state, it’s not as bad as it was at the start of the season.

Wolves 2 - 2 Fulham
View attachment 211390
I expected a comfortable win here , but Wolves who have been very strong from set pieces threated a lot and if not for Schwarzer we would of conceded a lot more. Another classical Late goal to equalise ensured we didn’t lose. Not the first time it’s happened either. Starting to lose consistency in front of goal. Schwarzer got man of the match.

Blackburn 3-2 Fulham
View attachment 211391
Another game I expected to win comfortably. A David Goodwillie hat trick in the first half made it a difficult task for us. We were very poor in the first half. Performed much better in the second half. Pleased with Joe Ledleys performance. Our away form is killing us right now.

Fulham 3-0 Rosenborg
View attachment 211392
Very convincing victory, 3 quality goals and a pleasing performance. This win completes the 100% record of Fulham in the Europa League so far this season! What seemed at first to be a fairly difficult group was rather easy for Fulham! We can now look forward to the prospect of playing in the knockout rounds! Joe Ledley gets MOTM.

Europa League First Knockout Round Draw.
Fulham have been drawn against polish side Wisla Krakow! The first leg will be played in the Staion Miejski on Thursday the 16th of February.

Europa League Second knockout Round Draw.
The winners of Fulham and Wisla Krakow will play either FC Schalke or Athletic Club Bilbao!

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Fulham
View attachment 211393
Fulham were powerless to resist a fantastic performance from fellow Londoners from the North. Fulham were completely dominated and failed to make any real impact bar a Conciliation goal from Bobby Zamora on the 69th minute.

Fulham 1-0 Norwich
View attachment 211394
A very good performance from Fulham they played some nice football , created many chances but never really looked threatening in the final third, but their performance was good enough to see off the challenge Of Norwich. Thiago missed a penalty but this didn’t effect his MOTM performance!

Fulham 0-2 Chelsea
View attachment 211395
A good performance but poor finishing from Fulham on Derby day, no doubt will be a dissapointment to fans as the team dominated possession and created multiple chances but failed to take them.

Everton 1-0 Fulham
View attachment 211396
A terrible performance from the cottagers. Which sums up a poor performance in the league for the month of December. An injury to Bryan Ruiz sees him sidelines for 5months. Can things get any worse for the London side? This defeat sees them slump to 9th position in the League their worst position this season.
View attachment 211397

Transfer Window opens :
I really need to look into a few singing during this transfer window but I’m lacking funds. The board are only going to give me 210k for the January transfer window so I may need to sell a few of my players.​

I can still see you getting a Europa League spot mate!

And Wisla Krakow sounds a good draw mate, chance to advance!

And I started and killed my Basel story, I restarted it twice, got 10 injuries for over a month on key players, no one would come, so couldn't be arsed.

May start a new story as Real Sociedad/Sochaux/Oviedo/Greek Side, not sure as of yet.

I can still see you getting a Europa League spot mate!

And Wisla Krakow sounds a good draw mate, chance to advance!

And I started and killed my Basel story, I restarted it twice, got 10 injuries for over a month on key players, no one would come, so couldn't be arsed.

May start a new story as Real Sociedad/Sochaux/Oviedo/Greek Side, not sure as of yet.

Yeah i just need to get a few good results now. I have a fairly decent fixture list for the next month , all beatable teams bar United who are on crazy form at the minute.

Thanks for the update on your story , i seen that post, bit of a shame really. But i look forward to your next one :)

Man United 5-0 Fulham
View attachment 211415
Absolutely decimated by United in this fixture , I expected to lose but not by 5 goals , I’m getting increasingly annoyed at the recent form and no doubt the new Chairman will get on my back about results. Don’t want to go into free fall. This defeat sees us slip to 11th , not good.

Sunderland 1-1 Fulham ( FA CUP)
View attachment 211416
I’m pleased with this result , an away fixture when our away form is not great. Played well , had a few chances but the strikers are lacking confidence! A home return leg should deliver an interesting game hopefully! Man of the match is Danny Murphy!

Transfer News:
I’ve had to bat off offers from the Likes of Liverpool , Tottenham and PSG for John-Arne Riise , maybe it the others were a bit better, wasn’t happy with 6million pounds. Manchester United also made an offer for Patjim Kasami , but I’m not going to let him go , he’s been very impressive and may earn himself a first team place in the near future. Mulitple offers have come in for Clint Dempsey , but with the injury to Bryan Ruiz I really can’t afford to sell him.

Fulham 0-2 Bolton
View attachment 211418
Getting VERY frustrated now , I don’t see why we are losing these games. We dominated, so many chances yet couldn’t finish any of them. I might have to look at changing the tactic or something like that. Because I’m running out of patience.

Transfer Update:
Sold the Reserve Strike Orlando Sa to Vitesse for 1million pounds , puts a bit of cash towards the transfer budget.

Fulham 1-0 Sunderland ( FA Cup Replay)
View attachment 211419
Thank god for that last minute equaliser , I was afraid of losing yet again. Poor performance to be honest and the whole team shape is starting to fall apart , match by match . I need to reinforce but I don’t have any funds to do so. Hopefully we can get lucky in the next few matches. This result means we get Reading in the next round of the FA cup

Sunderland 0-0 Fulham (PremierLeague)
View attachment 211417
Another boring draw , so ****** offa at this stage , Demebele who was on fire at the start of the season can’t hit a barn door at the minute. Things need to improve or we’re going to find outselves battling for a top half finish.

Reading 3-1 Fulham
View attachment 211420
All I’m going to say is…. This is embarrassing. I’m running out of ideas, and players are beginning to lose faith in my managerial ability.

Fulham 0-2 Aston Villa.
View attachment 211421
Terrible performance especially the strikers. They can’t hit the target at all , I’m going to have to make drastic changes to the tactics for the next month.This result ends this months update

Transfer window is closed , no players brought in because of a lack of funding. This month see’s us lose every Premier league match bar one and we slip down to 12th. Getting worse and worse.
View attachment 211422

Last edited:
Stoke 2-1 Fulham
View attachment 211444
We were really unlucky in this match and did not deserve to lose , outplayed them , dominated them just lacked finishing. Morale is on the up and confidence is beginning to show again.

Wisla 1-2 Fulham
View attachment 211445
A great performance overall , created a lot of chances and this time Moussa Dembele made sure of them. So far so good!

Fulham 4-0 Wisla
View attachment 211446
An unbelievable performance. Dembele showed up to deliver two goals , why can’t he do it in the ****** league? This secures out sport in the next knockout round against Schalke! Tough test

Fulham 3-1 QPR
View attachment 211447
What a victory! Derby day and the players didn’t disappoint the fans! Dembele brought his European Form with him for this match as he scored and set up 2 others. So glad to get a win under the belt and hopefully it’ll led to a good month!

Fulham 0-4 Schalke
View attachment 211448
Absolutely destroyed by a might Schalke team , couldn’t do much about it. Defence let me down and so the the goalkeeper , we created a few chances but nothing worth talking about. We seriously need to demolish them at their home ground if we are to continue in this competition.

Liverpool 5-1 Fulham
View attachment 211449
The stats speak for themselves , totally and utterly dominated by Liverpool , it’s going to be a near impossible task to regain our Europa League spot now, but I’ll not give up just yet. Injuries to Joe Ledley (5months) and Bobby Zamora(2months) have struck again.​

Last edited:
Schalke 0-2 Fulham
View attachment 211628
A great performance , very convincing win just a shame that we lost so heavily at home. A very good Europa League I think, we played very well and the only match we lost was too Schalke at home.

Fulham 0-2 Manchester City
View attachment 211629
Very lucky not to get annihilated in this match , kept it down to a respectable score line but still disappointed with the overall performance of the team

Wigan 0-0 Fulham
View attachment 211630
Another poor result , I think the whole team has lost all motivation to do well in the league , proving to be a difficult task to reach the top half. Didn’t create many chances and we did we blew the lot of them.

Arsenal 2-1 Fulham
View attachment 211632
Started off well going 1-0 up but things fell apart from there , once Arsenal got into the game it was very hard to stop them. Created a few chances and Dembele managed to slot one in for us to give the fans something to cheer about.

Fulham 3-1 Newcastle
View attachment 211631
A very solid performance here. We were very dominant with set pieces , Hangeland getting two goals from two headers. Keeps our hopes alive of climbing up the table , slowly but surely. Hangeland gets MOTM for this game with his performances in the back and in the attack.

Fulham 2-0 Swansea
View attachment 211633
Starting to get some results against the weaker teams which helps our cause. 2 wins in a row and momentum is beginning to swing in our favour! 2 goals for Dembele see’s him grab the MOTM accolade and ensures that the fans are happy going home.

West Brom 2-2 Fulham
View attachment 211634
Another good performance away from home against a very good West Brom side who gave us a tough game. Dembele gets another goal and remains on form. West Brom Missed a penalty in the 51st minute which could of seen them win the game. Another Man of the match performance for Moussa Dembele

View attachment 211636

Last edited:
Fulham 0-0 Wolves
View attachment 211654
A fairly boring match , dominated possession but didn’t do anything with it. Couldn’t take the chances we created. Neither team really deserved to win. Another point to add to the tally which moves up the table a slight bit. Man of the match goes to Matthew Briggs.

Fulham 2-1 Blackburn
View attachment 211655
A very good performance and unlucky not to get a few more goals , their Goalkeeper saved them from an embarrassing result. Happy with way things are improving and hopefully it will carry on into the rest of the month. Pajtim Kasami gets MOTM for his efforts today.

Norwich 2-1 Fulham
View attachment 211656
My fault in this match , played a very weakened team because of Injuries and match fitness had to play several reserve and backup players. Still they did OK considering it might have been their first competitive match for some time.

Fulham 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur
View attachment 211657
Fantastic performance in this match , made it very difficult for Spurs to break down our defence and we created a few good chances for ourselves and scored a sneaky winner on the 78th minute! Spurs defender Kyle Walker won the MOTM award.

Chelsea 2-2 Fulham
View attachment 211658
Another fantastic performance from the defence who managed to heap the pressure on the Chelsea strikers. And we even managed to create a few of our own and did well to get 2 goals even starting the match off scoring through Matthew Briggs, who suffered an injury in the end up.

Fulham 1-1 Everton
View attachment 211659
Another 1-1 draw to the end the season with extremely frustrated at how we couldn’t take our chances , Dembele must have had about 8 chances and couldn’t slot one of them in the back of the net. A very good performance as we dominated Everton who were a few places ahead of us in the the table.

END OF SEASON REVIEW:
View attachment 211660
“Today marks the end of an exciting football season, Here is an overview of the Premier League season review that we will be released in stores over the next couple of days.
Champions: Manchester City have finally won the Premier League Title that they have longed for ever since their Multi-Billion takeover a few years ago. Mancini will go down as a Club legend for his achievement this year.
Champions League Spots: Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool have all secured their places in the European Champions League for next term.

Relegation: Norwich, QPR and Swansea have failed to keep their positions in the Barclays Premier League. All three Managers have been sacked and will soon be looking to fill the void for their fight for promotion next term!
More to follow so stay tuned too..Sky Sports News.”
View attachment 211661View attachment 211662View attachment 211663

Statement from Fulham FC Manager Sean Collum to the Cottager fans:
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank the fans for their continued support over the whole season. If not for you then we wouldn’t be where we are right now. Thank you for your patience with the team and the clubs financial future. Unfortunately we were not able to secure our position in the Europa League for the forthcoming season but that means we have more time to work during pre season to improve our game. Thank you very much for the support you have given me over my first term in charge here. The Squad have now jetted off to enjoy their holidays and I too will be doing to same soon. We will come back in July Stronger than ever, that I promise you.”