Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

I've been given a transfer budget of 21million pounds , any suggestions on signings to make ?

Transfers:
View attachment 211797
Pre Season:
I'm not going to go through each Pre-Season match as it really doesn't matter. I'll just give the results.
Mk Dons 0-2 Fulham
Wrexham 0-4 Fulham
Mallorca 4-4 Fulham
Fluminese 2-1 Fulham
Espanyol 4-3 Fulham
Palmeiras 2-1 Fulham​

Manchester United 4-0 Fulham
View attachment 211803
Didn't expect to lose by this much, to be honest we were really bad in this match , we had the ball in the net twice but dissallowed twice to controversial offside calls.

Fulham 2-2 Stoke
View attachment 211804
A very even match can't really complain , we played okay not the best but thats expected after the heavy defeat to United. Gareth Barry , on loan from City , got MOTM in this fixture.

Fulham 2-0 Crystal Palace ( League Cup )
View attachment 211806
Easy fixture , we were in control most of the match. Glad to get through , Crystal Palace are on a good run of form and had a slight feeling that they would beat us, but Bobby Zamoras efforts had other plans of his own as he picked up his MOTM award.

Fulham 2-0 Blackburn
View attachment 211805
A very good performance , Christian Benitez is beginning to settle into life in London and grabs two goals for his side. We pretty much dominated the whole match although Blackburn did create a few problems for us. Benitez got MOTM.

Cardiff 3-0 Fulham
View attachment 211807
Certainly didn't see this result coming , underestimated Cardiff and played a very attacking tactic away from home and paid the consequences. We created plenty of chances but were a bit dodgey at the back.

West Brom 1-1 Fulham
View attachment 211808
The stats speak for themselves. Atrocious finishing cost us the 3 points, hopefully we can bounce back from this and start picking up more points before we hit a block against the big teams!

Premier League Table:
View attachment 211814
Poor start to the season sees us sitting 14th in the table! Hopefully next month can gives us a little boost!​

Fulham 1-1 Man City (League Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 211880
City managed to win it on penalties. Im pleased with our performance although we were pretty poor on the spot kicks. I'm not too bothered about it though , gives us more time to concentrate on League Performances. Loanee from Inter Milan Coutinho got the MOTM accolade here.

Bolton 1-2 Fulham
View attachment 211874
An unconvincing win here, bot nonetheless a solid 3 points , which is the important thing. Dembele ended his goal drought and Bryan Ruiz gets a goal from a quality free kick!

Fulham 2-0 Wolves
View attachment 211875
A fantastic performance! Very impressive just a pity we couldn't finish more of our chances! Starting to get a run of form going which could see us launch up the table! Man of the Match goes to Brede Hangeland on his return from injury!

Fulham 2-2 Everton
View attachment 211876
Very dissapointed at how we lost a two goal lead. We still played well and created plenty of chances. Everton did well to get back and i thought at one stage they were going to overtake us. So i'm happy enough with a point.

Sunderland 2-3 Fulham
View attachment 211877
Fantastic victory here! So glad we got the 3 points and a hattrick for Dembele will give him a big boost in confidence in front of goal. He naturally got the MOTM award. We never looked like losing!

Fulham 1-3 Man City
View attachment 211873
Can't really complain about this result , we did well to get the lead but we were never really expected to keep that lead. We werent exactly dominated , we kept the ball well and created a few chances.

West Ham 1-1 Fulham
View attachment 211878
Cannot believe we didn't come away with a win here, look at the amount of chances we had and if that isn't bad enough, we only managed to score in the last minute. Brede Hangeland played well and earned himself the MOTM award.

The results are at least taking a turn for the better mate!

And some cash splashed in the summer man! Any pressure from the board?

The results are at least taking a turn for the better mate!

And some cash splashed in the summer man! Any pressure from the board?

Hopefully they'll keep picking up , i'm wanting that Europa League Spot :p
Yeah i kind of lost track of my spending , i found loads of gems and they all added up , not to mention the big price tag on Ter Stegen. Nah they only want a Mid-table-finish surprisingly!

Thanks for following man , you seem to be the only one reading.

I am following too mate, I really thought you would finish in top 7, still very respectable season though, well done keep it up

I am following too mate, I really thought you would finish in top 7, still very respectable season though, well done keep it up

Thanks man! Appreciate it! Hopefully i can pull off a top 7 this year! Another update will be coming soon.
Any suggestions from you two? Should i add more to my updates? Perhaps a Diary from the Manager like i had at the start?

Hopefully they'll keep picking up , i'm wanting that Europa League Spot :p
Yeah i kind of lost track of my spending , i found loads of gems and they all added up , not to mention the big price tag on Ter Stegen. Nah they only want a Mid-table-finish surprisingly!

Thanks for following man , you seem to be the only one reading.

Haha man trust me, even people that don't comment may read it.

And good to hear you have freedom there, Ter Stegen is a quality player, as long as you carry on you should ease into a Europa League spot!

Thanks man! Appreciate it! Hopefully i can pull off a top 7 this year! Another update will be coming soon.
Any suggestions from you two? Should i add more to my updates? Perhaps a Diary from the Manager like i had at the start?

Yeah, all of that sounds good, add a little colour to your own character.

I personally prefer clear, simple stories without too much story telling. also like deep details of tactics and other method you use.

i'm following mate! enjoyed the read so far! keep it up, i'm sure you will get 7th this year!

Fulham 4-0 Birmingham
View attachment 211890
Unreal performance here, another two goals for Dembele. We're in a good run of form now and hopefully we can keep it up! The media are beginning to make us favourites for most matchs all i need now is a result or two against the big teams!

Aston Villa 1-2 Fulham
View attachment 211891
A fairly decent performance here , Villa had the better of the chances but the difference being , we took our chances and they didn't. Benitez got 2 goals and earned himself the MOTM award , an impressive start to life in the Premier League.

Fulham 2-1 Arsenal
View attachment 211892
Well that's one of the top teams beaten! A very even game and we gave the Arsenal a great game, not seen as a derby game but the fans were delighted with the win against another London team! We're starting to create more chances. Bryan Ruiz picked up the MOTM award in this close fixture!

Wigan 2-1 Fulham
View attachment 211893
Just look at them stats.. Unfortunetly couldn't convert more than 1 of the 21 attempts we had at goal , something that needs to be worked on! Really disappointed with getting nothing from this match , totally dominated possession. Wigan goalkeeper Al-Habsi, saved them and got himself the Man of the match.

Fulham 1-2 Liverpool
View attachment 211894
A very close encounter match. Liverpool just nodged ahead through a Marc-ter Stegen own goal. Impressive performance from the Cottagers and the fans will go home satisfied with their teams efforts.

Chelsea 2-0 Fulham
View attachment 211895
Was a difficult task from the start , from the first minute they scored , not too long after that we got a player sent off. We managed to create a few chances and got a few on target but not enough to get ourselves into the game.
View attachment 211896View attachment 211897View attachment 211898View attachment 211899
Dear Diary,
"What a month! Bit of a mixtures had it's highs and lows. I've been forced to have a few different strike partnerships this month. Due to injuries, i've had Dempsey,Ruiz, Trotta, Benitez, Zamora , Dembele and Johnson all playing up front. I've stuck to a 4-2-2-2 that i've adopted from legendary manager Raikan , from his Might and Magic era. Looks to be doing well for me. Benitez and Dembele have been doing well , when they're not injured. Defence has been a might bare this season , injuries have hindered our efforts , i've never had my preffered partnership of Hughes and Hangeland at all this season , looks like all the players need a break!"

Great story here mate it's an awesome read. Keep up the good work, I expect to see you in the Europa league next season.

Newcastle 2-1 Fulham
View attachment 211967
A poor result , didn't really play the best , i guess the last few losses have taken their effect but hopefully we can bring the positives out of it. Strikers can't seem to find the net as much as they should , might need to change tactics.

Fulham 1-2 Manchester Utd.
View attachment 211966
A decent scoreline but a poor performance , we were powerless to resist their superiority and only got a concilation goal on the last kick of the game.

Middlesbrough 1-3 Fulham (FA Cup)
View attachment 211965
A very good result! Great performance. Moussa Dembele played very well and got himself the Man of the Match award. Created so many chances , but still can't finish them!

Stoke 5-2 Fulham
View attachment 211964
A mixed match , we played very well for parts of the match and then very sloppy for other parts , and thats when stoke pounced on us. Really should be winning matchs like this and that's whats hindering our progress.

Fulham 5-1 Cardiff
View attachment 211963
This is more like it! Awesome performance , very happy with the way the team played together , playing nice attractive football that would make Barcelona awe! Dembele picks up another MOTM award here!

Blackburn 0-3 Fulham
View attachment 211977
A great result away from home , it might have been the second attempt but oh well , i'm not complaining. They had the better of the chances but couldn't seize them. We on the other hand took our chances as Benitez gets his Hattrick!

Fulham 4-0 MK Dons ( FA Cup)
View attachment 211979
A very very good performance here , Benitez gets another hattrick and shows his skill against a poor MK Dons side. We look forward to playing the likes of Chelsea in the next round of this prestigious trophy! Benitez picks up another MOTM award.

Fulham 4-3 West Brom
View attachment 211987
A very good result against a good West Brom side who proved to be a bogey team last year! Another hattrick for Benitez who makes in 3 in 3 games! We're slowly moving up the table now.

View attachment 211988

With most of the Top teams out of the way , we now have a good chance of grabbing a few wins against the middle to lower teams of the league to try and grab that 6th spot!

January Transfers:
I sold John-Arne-Riise to Juventus for 5million pounds and then bought Sime Vrsalijko for 9 million, 1.5million up front and the rest of 48months! He was on the transfer list at Man City.

EDIT: I forgot to save last night and the game crashed on me so i have to go back and replay from the blackburn result , so results might change a bit!

Last edited:
Had to restart from the Blackburn match so match results have changed!

Had to restart from the Blackburn match so match results have changed!

So are the extra screen shots the new results, or the ones that are in the right place?

Just a little confused, but great results if they are in the right place mate, 3-0 away at Blackburn is very good, they are a pain on this game!

The screenshots in the "Attached thumbnails" are the wrong ones , i can't seem to be able to delete them , so if a mod can do that it would be appreciated.

Sorry for the confusion mate!