Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

Just read through all 36 pages, fantastic read and story line! Would it be possible to see some of your players, like Cavus, Fraser McCarthy, Fernandez and maybe Lloyd hughes too, on their 'attributes' screen, with the graph? Hope it's not too much trouble, keep up the good work! :)

sure thing man ill do that when i get back on my laptop

I'll have an update along with the screenshots later on today.

great story mate, first two seasons in the prem are always the most difficult. stay on avoid relegation as long as possible. the money goes up so quick after 2 seasons of 40 million in tv money so even avoiding relegation ambition nets you 20 plus million transfer budget soon enough.

December Update:

English League Cup Quarter-Final:

Liverpool 3-1 Tranmere

View attachment 223651
The fans were really looking forward to this local derby in the Cup we lifted only 2 years ago. However, they have every right to be disgusted with the teams performance. A terrible way to play in a cup tie against our arch-rivals. Things weren’t all doom and gloom in the first half , although we conceded first , we were back on level terms just after half an hour but that was short lived. Within the next 10 minutes we found ourselves under extreme pressure and Liverpool scored 2. The onslaught continued into the second half and Liverpool were quite unlucky to have beaten us by a larger margin.

Barclays Premier League:

Tranmere 2-2 Liverpool

View attachment 223652
The fans were hoping for a much better performance against Liverpool in the league fixture the following weekend and they will be somewhat happy with a draw. A much better performance from the homeside but it was clear to see that both teams were suffering from tiredness throughout the match. Liverpool took the lead just on the Quarter mark but within 5minutes we managed to turn that around and found ourselves in the lead. We kept that lead quite comfortably and could of even built on it but we fumbled any opportunity we had at good. We were all set for 3 points coming up to the last few minutes of the match, but then Luis Suarez took a gamble from 20 yards and it struck of the inside of the post and found it’s way into the back of the net , to level things up for Liverpool.

Manchester City 2-0 Tranmere
View attachment 223653
This was set to be a extremely difficult task for us from the start. We simply couldn’t cope with the strength of the Manchester Outfit and crumbled early on. Hubert brought down Edin Dzeko inside the 6 yard area and awarded City a penalty which Edin Dzeko stepped up to take and made sure of it. City then continued to barrage out defence causing alot of problems and we were fortunate to keep the scoreline down. This onslaught continued into the second half and it didn’t take City long to build on their lead and add another goal through a corner which was finished off by Dejan Lovren. We did however, managed to create a cluster of chances in the last half hour but we couldn’t really capitalize on them.

Blackburn 0-0 Tranmere
View attachment 223656
I went into this match looking to dominate Blackburn and win quite comfortable but what i got was easily , the worst performance i’ve ever seen from this Tranmere side. Completely and utterly woeful. If it wasn’t for some brave defending and quality Goalkeeping we would of been destroyed by Blackburn who will really feel hard done by with only a point. I’m really hurt at this performance and i let the boys know how frustrated i really was , hopefully it’ll make them buck and show some class in the next few games to make up for it , because i’m seriously starting to get fed up with the lack of consistency.

Tranmere 2-0 West Brom
View attachment 223657
A fantastic response to the woeful performance at Ewood park the previous week. My little speech seemed to change their view on these fixtures and have kicked into gear for the time being. It was an end to end first half with both teams cancelling each other out , neither could break the deadlock. It was a very heated game aswell , yellow cards were plenty. Fraser McCarthy broke the deadlock 15minutes into the second half with a screamer from 2- yards ,curling into the back post unstoppable effort! West Brom continued to press then but still couldn’t find a way past our strong defence. Brazilian Midfielder Xaxa scored our Second and final goal on the stroke of full time with a nicely placed finish after an exciting build up.

Tranmere 4-2 Wigan
View attachment 223658
A tremendous victory! We showed no signs of complacency infront of goal and made sure of any decent chance we had at goal. We conceded early on in the 12th​ minute, but Pedro Gonzalez equalized for us and then McCarthy put us in the lead with a well timed effort just before half time , to send the players into the dressing room on a high note. The second half was a much closer encounter. Wigan turned on the heat and Franco Di Santo equalised for them on the 74th​ minute to break another Wigan Athletic goalscoring record. Thanasis Karagounis put us back in the lead 6minutes later with an excellent effort inside the Wigan final 3rd​ and the match was finished off with another goal for Xaxa in the last few seconds if the game.

Wolves 3-1 Tranmere
View attachment 223660
I had a feeling our good form couldn’t last forever and Wolves taught us a lesson. Complacency is to blame in this fixture. The lads expected a walk in the park in this match and thought they had the game won before they even kick a ball. We couldn’t have gotten off to a worse start. Jamie Murphy scored in the 7th​ minute to put Wolves in the lead. That immediately set the pace for the match. Fraser McCarthy levelled things up for us just before the half hour mark and both sides went in at half time level, Wolves would of been wondering why they weren’t ahead with the amount of chances they had, and we were thanking the gods for our good fortune. That good fortune didn’t seem to be present in the second half though, constant Wolves attacks causing plenty of problems for our defence and we just could not tame them. Steven Fletcher finally gave Wolves the lead on the 77th minute and Wolves finished the match off with another goal just before the final whistle through Joe Mason. A frustrating way to finish the month.

View attachment 223662

Not a bad month , we got a good draw at Home against Liverpool and 2 solid wins against Wigan and West Brom. I’m slightly annoyed at our performance in the League cup but we have to get over that defeat and concentrate on our matters. I’m not too disheartened at the defeat against Man City, it was always going to be difficult to get any sort of result of their quality side. This was probably the most difficult month of the season with so many fixtures and them being against good sides.

Player of the Month:
Guillaume Hubert

View attachment 223663
Guillaume Hubert picks up this accolade yet again for some very good performances this month. He kept the scoreline down at Anfield in the League Cup and at the Etihad Stadium against a quality Man City side. He also deserves plenty of praise for his performance against Blackburn which kept us in the game, if not for him we would of been humiliated by them.

In other news:
World Golden Ball winner: Mario Gotze has claimed the World Golden Ball award for this year. The German International has been in lethal form for Dortmund over the last 12 months.
World Player of the Year: Mario Gotze has also claimed the World Player of the Year award for his fantastic performances over the last calendar year.

Tranmere Announce new kits!
View attachment 223806View attachment 223807View attachment 223808
Tranmere Chairman Marco Sereni has today announced the release of the new Tranmere football kits. Sereni felt that “It was a time to change , we’ve had this kit for a long time and i believe that a new kit is in order after our last few successful years”. Along with the new kits , new sponsorships were announced. Sereni used his Italian links and got supercar Ferrari to sponsor their shirts for the next 3 years and Adidas have also been given the task of creating the kits. Tranmere fans will no doubt , be extremely excited about the new kits. Coming in three different colours , the club will be hoping for some success with their new colours!

*THANKS GOES TO HERMANCHIDES FOR MAKING THESE FANTASTIC KITS. IF YOUR AFTER SOME KITS THEN I WOULD DEFINITELY ASK HIM. FANTASTIC WORK. THANKS AGAIN HEMANCHIDES.

January Update:

Barclays Premier League

Hull City 0-1 Tranmere

View attachment 223812
Fantastic show against a weak Hull City team. We looked so comfortable on the ball , zipping the ball about with so much confidence and having a crack at goal whenever we got an opportunity. We had quite a few chances but we failed to hit the target enough. It was a fairly entertaining one sided first half but we couldn’t manage to get past the Hull City back four. It didn’t take Thomas Reilly long to take the lead , 4 minutes into the second half Fraser McCarthy lobbed over a through ball and Reilly latched onto it and finished it quite nicely. Reilly has just recently signed a new contract keeping him at the club for another 2 years. A Great performance for him and 3 fantastic points for The Rovers.

FA Cup 3rd​ Round:

Chesterfield 1-1 Tranmere

View attachment 223815
I banked on playing a weak team but if backfired on me. Really bad performance and Chesterfield have surprised many football pundits with their performance against Tranmere. The First half was a real bore , nobody really threatening, but that changed in the second half. Moussa Dembele stormed down the left wing before cutting in a banging an effort into the bottom left hand corner to give us the lead, but that was short lived. Chesterfield began bombarding our defence and eventually broke us down on the 62nd​ minute with through a corner. Chesterfield continued to bombard our defence after that , but our back four managed to hold up fairly well to ensure we took the tie to a replay infront of a home crowd.

Barclays Premier League:

Tranmere 2-0 Arsenal

View attachment 223816
Such a fantastic victory against a really strong Arsenal squad! We took the lead 35minutes into the game through Emil Larsen. Arsenal piled the pressure on after that , but they couldn’t find a way past our defensive line. Everyone pulled a fantastic shift and after we scored our first goal we relied on counter-attacking. We did well to survive the remainder of the first half and started the second half in the same fashion , constant attacking from Arsenal but we started to get away a few of our own counter attacks and could of scored a few more. Pedro Gonzalez put the game to bed on the 78th​ minute through another good counter attack. I’m really happy with the way we played and kept the opposition at bay.

FA Cup 3rd​ Round Replay:

Tramere 3-0 Chesterfield

View attachment 223821
A much better performance from the lads in this tie. I wasn’t going to risk playing a second string team again and decided to play more or less the same squad that played Arsenal , except for one or two. Gonzalez gave us the lead with a penalty after Chesterfield defender Scott Dobson cleaned Gonzalez out of it, should of been a red but only a yellow for Dobson. Gonzalez made no mistake and sent the keep the wrong way. Emil Larsen added to the scoreline 2 minutes later. He darted down the right wing , beat two defenders and thumped an effort into his near post , a fantastic effort. Secan Cavus then added to the scoreline by nodding a header into the top right hand corner after a lovely corner by Emil Larsen. I made several substitutions at half time to give the lads some rest. It was a fairly quiet second half and there wasn’t much to talk about except for a couple of injuries , Dembele broke his leg and is out for 8 months , unfortunate for the Belgian who was starting to get back into the Premier League. Matej Zagar was also stretched off in the last minute , after falling awkwardly , but he won’t be out for too long.

Barclays Premier League:

Fulham 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 223823
Not a great performance from the lads against a resilient Fulham squad. I was looking forward to getting another one over my former team but they wanted some revenge after our win earlier in the season. Andy Carroll gave them the lead just before the half hour mark. Fulham kept pressing and had so many chances but some fantastic goalkeeping from Hubert kept the scoreline down and gave us a glimmer of hope. Fulham then added a second 9 minutes from full time through a free kick. Xaxa wasn’t going to let Fulham go with a clean sheet and scored a fantastic goal from 25yards out to give Tranmere a consolation prize.

Tranmere 3-3 Leeds
View attachment 223825
A really entertaining fixture for both sets of fans , who will feel that a draw was the justified result. Both teams cancelled each other out. Tranmere took the lead 13 minutes into the match through a corner , nodded in by Sercan Cavus , but Leeds cancelled that lead 10minutes later. Leeds then took the lead 2 minutes into the second half Milik adding his second goal of the game and seeking a third. Fraser McCarthy then cancelled their lead 9minutes later , beating 3 defenders and then taking the ball past the keeper and slotting it in to the bottom corner. We had our chances to retake the lead after that but we had to wait until the 71st​ minute before going ahead. Ihar Shytau scored a penalty to hand us the lead with just under 20minutes to go but unfortunately , it wasn’t enough to win the match. Milik completed his hattrick 6minutes from full time , to break the Tranmere supporters hearts and send the Leeds faithful home in a buoyant mood.

View attachment 223826

A really good month. Just the one defeat this month and a lot of good results. A win against Arsenal was fantastic and a really good draw against Leeds. It’s a pity about the loss to Fulham , could of stuck us a bit higher up the Premier League table but i’m happy at the position we’re currently sitting in and hopefully we can claw further up the table.

Player of the Month:
Sercan Cavus

View attachment 223827
The young turk had yet another brilliant month , scoring a few goals and showing some fantastic defending , he’s also been called up to the Turkish National side on numerous occasions over the last few months and his thriving career is set to continue.

Really good read and just as good in the results department love this story :eek: !

wat on earth was all that **** with ex and stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :\

wat on earth was all that **** with ex and stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :\

Yeah i just read over it and had to delete it. I wrote that late last night so i blame my tiredness for a poor piece of writing :p I think i should just stick to results from now on :)

Yeah i just read over it and had to delete it. I wrote that late last night so i blame my tiredness for a poor piece of writing :p I think i should just stick to results from now on :)
LOL