• Athletic Bilbao

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Blackpool

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Birch Takes Charge Of Blackpool

images

Rookie manager Sam Birch is the new man in charge of Blackpool following Ian Holloway's resignation last week. Holloway left after falling out with Chairman Karl Oyston. Birch has been working as a Youth Coach at Chelsea for the past 3 years and is delighted to have been given this chance to take Blackpool back to the Premier League

2012 is a historic year for The Tangerines with it being their 125th year. Many tip them to be around Mid-Table come May 2013.

Key Players

Thomas Ince

View attachment 280324

Probably the best player in the squad and one of England's hottest prospect. Really hope I can keep hold of him and can't wait to see him develop.

Matt Phillips

View attachment 280335

My right winger, another cracking youngster who will no doubt attract some interest from bigger clubs.

Nathan Delfouneso

View attachment 280325

The pacy striker who completes my dangerous attacking trio. On loan from Aston Villa and will need to get a moungst the goals for us this term if we are to have any hope of going up.

Team Report

View attachment 280326 View attachment 280327

First impressions... not too bad. Need a new Left Back though I'd say, and an Attacking Midfielder. Maybe a goalkeeper if I can get hold of one.

Season Expectations

Media Prediction: 9th

Hope to finish much higher than that to be honest. I've told the board I can achieve a top half finish but really the Play-Offs is my personal target. Blackpool were beaten in the Play-Off final last season by West Ham so surely we should be up there again and I'm shocked our Media Prediction is just 9th. The Championship is a tough league though and squad depth is key.

View attachment 280328

Next update will be when I get to August, including Pre-Season, Transfers and our start in the Championship!!

Last edited:
Read your southampton one from Football Manager 2012, and can't wait for this one! Hope you keep Ince, hes defiantly going to be hard to keep though.

Good luck mate.

Pre Season and August

images

Best possible start for The Seasiders
Tie Ince down to a new contract
Chelsea make big moves in the market

Transfers

View attachment 280366

So not that busy as I only had £2m. Jack Robinson was loaned it to add depth to the left back position, Milos Ninkovic was also loaned in and looks like a quality attacking midfielder. Simon Davies was signed from Fulham purely for his versatility and the fact he's still a quality player. Last but not least I snapped up James Ward-Prowse on loan, hoping to build a good relationship and maybe sign him next year.

All the players that left were not in my plans.

View attachment 280370View attachment 280371View attachment 280372View attachment 280373

Squad

View attachment 280368

Take no notice of the players in the starting places it was just after the COC game so most of them don't start. Plus rotation is key when playing in the Championship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Round 1

Morecambe 0 - 2 Blackpool

Grandin, Dicko

Round 2

Carlisle 0 - 2 Blackpool

Dicko, Noble OG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Blackpool 3 - 2 Cardiff

Ninkovic, Phillips, Ince

Leicester 2 - 3 Blackpool

Eardley, Delfouneso, Taylor-Fletcher

View attachment 280369

Blackpool 3 - 0 Leeds

Evatt, Angel, Delfouneso

View attachment 280374

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Amazing first month from the lads. Won all our games, Capital One Cup matches were easy ones and I managed to field some of the ''weaker'' players. Our 3 league matches were extremely hard I believe as all of them are either equal of better than us on paper. The Leicester game was mad, I went crazy when we scored that last minute winner.

Tom Ince wanted a new contract which was fair enough as he was on £1k a month. Annoyingly though he insisted on have a release clause put in of £10m, I hate those things :mad:

Player of the Month

Craig Cathcart

View attachment 280375

Great all action month from the lad, very solid.

Table

View attachment 280376

Joint top after 3 games, but considering the teams we've beaten I'm very happy with out start.​

Some really big wins over tough teams there, great start! Even if you had only picked up 3 points there you would've been doing okay, so to pick up 9 is really something.

Some really big wins over tough teams there, great start! Even if you had only picked up 3 points there you would've been doing okay, so to pick up 9 is really something.
Thanks man, the pace of my front 3 is really dangerous. Leeds might struggle suprisingly, Middlesbrough just smashed them 5-0!!

Hey Sam great to see you back! And Glad you went Blackpool. Adds a extra dimension coming up from the championship. Cant wait to see how this turns out

Hey Sam great to see you back! And Glad you went Blackpool. Adds a extra dimension coming up from the championship. Cant wait to see how this turns out
Thanks man, loving the save. You gonna do another story?

September

images

Strong month in the league
Crash out of Capital One Cup
Win Manager of the Month

League

Wolves 1 - 2 Blackpool

Phillips, Grandin

Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 3 Blackpool

Cathcart, Delfouneso(2)

View attachment 280404

Blackpool 1 - 1 Ipswich

Phillips

Blackpool 2 - 2 Crystal Palace

Gomes, Dicko

View attachment 280405

Burnley 1 - 2 Blackpool

View attachment 280406

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Round 3

West Ham 1 - 0 Blackpool

View attachment 280407

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So another good month I'd say. Disappointing result against Palace as they are struggling at the bottom but Zaha is an absolute machine, soooo pacey its impossible to catch him if he gets through!! We were winning against Ipswich but they got a cheeky goal and we couldn't get the winning goal. Great result against Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday too. West Ham battered us and we were lucky it was only 1-0.

Player of the Month

Matt Phillips

View attachment 280408

Good month from the right winger, bagging a couple of goals and some assists.

Table

View attachment 280409

Top of the league, but the chasing pack aren't far behind. Positive thing is we've played some of the ''tougher'' sides already.

I read all the updates, and when I've got to the end of the last one, I want to read the next one straight away!

Good start, and looking forward to next update!

Thanks guys :) don't think we'll keep up this great form all season, been slightly disappointed with Tom Ince so far too. Looking good for at least a play off spot though. Just had the most amazing match against Forest though

Thanks man, loving the save. You gonna do another story?

Will do but like to start a new fm with a few games by myself to get a feel for it so might be December before i get going with another story

really good story:) follow

where can i download this facepack?

October

images

Still undefeated in the league
Amazing comeback against Forest
Sign 2 new players

So I'll start this update by revealing my 2 new signings. Firstly I signed a new striker on loan from Manchester United for 3 months, Pablo Henriquez. I signed him as Delfouneso was worrying me, when he played well WE played well. But when he didn't I had no real backup. Next I signed Mikkel Diskerud on a free. He's a 22 year old Centre Midfielder who looks pretty decent. He joins in January.

View attachment 280482 View attachment 280483

I also had a bid for Muniesa, a Barca centre back, accepted but his wages were too much. I will look into getting him again when our wage budget is a bit more flexible.

League

Nottingham Forest 2 - 3 Blackpool

Grandin, Cohen OG, Gomes

View attachment 280484

Blackpool 4 - 1 Peterborough

Phillips, Ferguson, Delfouneso, Ince

Blackpool 2 - 2 Hull

Henriquez(2)

View attachment 280485

Birmingham 3 - 4 Blackpool

Ince, Henriquez, Gomes, Taylor-Fletcher

View attachment 280487

Blackpool 0 - 0 Bolton

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Another top month I'd say. Amazing comeback against Forest, top result against Birmingham as well. Henriquez was sent on against Hull to make his debut and saved us amazingly. We got lucky against Bolton I'd say though as Zat Knight was unbeatable at the back and Gilks making a string of top saves. Delfouneso started but I took him off at half-time and Henriquez had a chance but hit wide when 1 on 1.

Player of the Month

Tiago Gomes

View attachment 280488

Done great this month, we look like a more creative side with him on the park. Chipped in with a couple of goals too.

Table

View attachment 280489

Still sitting top, but Middlesborough and and Bristol are hot on our heels. I really want to avoid the lottery of the Play-Offs and secure automatic promotion but we have a long way to go still.

Hope everyone's enjoying it so far, let me know what you think of our signings :)