Richy25 Deep 4-2-4 & Untested Deep 4-2-3-1

richy25

Reaction score
New Richy25 4-2-4 Spread The Play Love The Game

Richy25 Deep 4-2-4 Spread The Play Love The Game

Defensive Line

This formation’s back-line is similar to the back-line of many other formations that use a flat back 4. It consists of 2 center-backs, who sit deep and are completely devoted to defense with no real attacking assignments. The center-backs need great stamina, the ability to organize the defensive line, and great defensive skills. There are 2 fullbacks, one on each side of the center-backs, and they are responsible for defending the area wide of the center-backs. But, unlike the center-backs, they also have attacking tasks especially the LB. When the team has prolonged periods of possession, the fullbacks are tasked with getting forward to support the wingers, helping to control possession and move the ball laterally, while also making overlapping runs past the wingers to overload the opposing defense.

Midfielders

The midfield is anchored by 2 box-to-box (B2B) midfielders in the middle, whose jobs range from shielding and defending in front of the center-back pairing to getting forward on the attack to provide late runs into the penalty area. Their responsibilities are split 50/50 between attacking and defending. Most teams that use the 4-4-2 have matched a good passing central midfielder with a more physical ball-winning central midfielder. The tackler is responsible for winning the ball back and having more of a defensive focus while the passing central midfielder takes more responsibility for contributing to the offensive build-up. However, unlike other formations, both of these central midfielders are responsible for putting in good effort and work on both sides of the ball. The central midfielders need to have tactical intelligence, to help organize the teams attacking phase. They need to be strong and confident with the ball, able to make short passes to move the ball laterally to the wingers and ahead to the two strikers. They must also be defensively proficient, able to deal with strong midfielders and not afraid to put in a strong tackle to break up a building attack. They also need to be positionally proficient, which tends to lead to a high number of interceptions. The central midfielders are also often responsible for organize the defensive pressing.
On each side of the center midfielders are 2 traditional wingers, both of whom have the offensive objectives of providing attacking width and accurate crosses into the box. They get forward down the touchline to run at the oppositions fullbacks, meaning they must have good pace, acceleration, decent dribbling ability and the confidence to run at the fullbacks. They should also have good crossing ability, able to put in strong and accurate crosses into the box from near the byline, for the 2 forwards to attack. Defensively, their job is to quickly track back and assist the fullbacks in dealing with the opponent’s wingers; they also are responsible for keeping an eye on the opponent’s fullbacks when they try to get forward.

Forwards

The 2 strikers are responsible for converting the team’s possession into goals. Often, one of the strikers needs to be a good header of the ball who can get on the end of the crosses that the wingers will put into the box. Additionally, one of them needs to be good with the ball at his feet, able to create spaces and a decent shooter from distance. On defense, the 2 strikers need to pressure the opposition’s defensive line when they have the ball. The strikers need to ensure that the opponent’s center-backs don’t have too much time on the ball, preventing any dangerous passes from the opponent’s back line.

A few Points
1. Match Training - Attacking movement
2. Please allow 10 games for team to gel
3. Haven't used any shouts, if you wish to use them, then feel free
4. Pitch size any

Anymore questions then please ask
Have fun and please leave feedback that would be great
Regards Richy25

Last edited:
Also like to point out you'll get a fair few key passes

I like the look of this tactic can I see the goal stats of the inside forwards, try change the 2 centre backs to cover or the left to cover and right to stopper and see if you concede less and try change the goalie to SK defend and see if this helps also try change the AF to Poacher and see if you score more (Just a few tweaks that might help) also could you maybe create a new tactic the same as this bit with an advanced playmaker and a poacher thanks mate also how are the corners in this tactic?

Last edited:
Love how you say it's not a super tactic but you have scored 32 goals in 10 league games and have won all 10 as well. At this rate you'll hit about 110 league goals. But i think I get what you mean in that it won't bring instant success and make crystal palace treble winners in a season.

Looks like a nice little tactic, ill download it and give it a try. Have you played a full season with it yet? What were your results?

I like the look of this tactic can I see the goal stats of the inside forwards, try change the 2 centre backs to cover or the left to cover and right to stopper and see if you concede less and try change the goalie to SK defend and see if this helps also try change the AF to Poacher and see if you score more (Just a few tweaks that might help) also could you maybe create a new tactic the same as this bit with an advanced playmaker and a poacher thanks mate also how are the corners in this tactic?
I'll update the Op soon with more pic of the inside forwards and strikers, I have done a deep 4-2-3-1 but it's not fully tested, i'll upload it if you like for you to try

Love how you say it's not a super tactic but you have scored 32 goals in 10 league games and have won all 10 as well. At this rate you'll hit about 110 league goals. But i think I get what you mean in that it won't bring instant success and make crystal palace treble winners in a season.

Looks like a nice little tactic, ill download it and give it a try. Have you played a full season with it yet? What were your results?

that's right jimmy don't expect these results with say Cardiff, it just won't happen. I ain't played a full season yet still in the middle of my save

OP updated with player stats. Also uploaded a new tactic deep 4-2-3-1 untested, could be an away tactic?

Can I we a ss of the deep 4231 tactic is it the same as the 424 but you have just moved the DLF and what facepack is that?

Can I we a ss of the deep 4231 tactic is it the same as the 424 but you have just moved the DLF and what facepack is that?

just updated the opening post for you screenshot on the deep 4-2-3-1, and it's a cut-out facepack from sortitoutsi

just played an epic match against Dortmund away, final score was 3-2 down to 10 men plus I had 19 key passes

last 9 games plus pics of the match against man city with had 11 key passes

that's right jimmy don't expect these results with say Cardiff, it just won't happen. I ain't played a full season yet still in the middle of my save

Great, ill wait and see how you get on with your test season before I bang it in properly.

Are you now using the 4231 away and the 442 at home? or are you using the 442 in all them screenshots?

Great, ill wait and see how you get on with your test season before I bang it in properly.

Are you now using the 4231 away and the 442 at home? or are you using the 442 in all them screenshots?

in my current season i'm just using the deep 4-2-4 doin wonders for me at the moment, I've already banged in 55 goals so far in 17 league games, with only letting in 8. But yes the 4-2-4 is for home matches and 4-2-3-1 is for away. I'll probably use the 4-2-3-1 next season coz I haven't used it yet in my current season, not a good move using a new formation that there not used to or to adapt too

in my current season i'm just using the deep 4-2-4 doin wonders for me at the moment, I've already banged in 55 goals so far in 17 league games, with only letting in 8. But yes the 4-2-4 is for home matches and 4-2-3-1 is for away. I'll probably use the 4-2-3-1 next season coz I haven't used it yet in my current season, not a good move using a new formation that there not used to or to adapt too

Thanks for all the info sir. Keen to try this

Thanks for all the info sir. Keen to try this[/
your welcome, but don't wait for me to finish my season have a go yourself, try using both tactic, please post screenshots of your season. Who will you try it with?

Could this one been used with a lower ranked team aswell or is it just with top-teams, that are implied with attacking approach?

Having a feeling that i should try this one out :)

thanks in advance