Richest not by a long shot, many a premiership, la liga and even bundesliga player have earned more than him. He isn't in forbes top 10 for 2012 (as of may 2012 sometime this year for new estimates)) so I would love to know how he is the richest players. Admittedly he is on a good contract at santos but this is a produc of the new brazilian tv deal which sees clubs get alot more now and this will see brazilian talent stay in brazil longer which is a good thing.
As for the most marketable no way at all I am not having that, first of all one word BECKHAM, secondly I can name at least 20 players who play in europe who have alot more marketing pull than neymar. He may have pull in brazil but worldwide no way is he the most marketable

In 2012, France Football ranked Neymar at 7th in its list of the world's richest footballers, behind the likes ofLionel Messi (1st) and Cristiano Ronaldo (3rd), with a combined income from salaries, bonuses and off-field earnings of £11 million (€13.8 million).[83][84]

On 17 May 2012, Neymar was rated by SportsPro magazine as the most marketable athlete in the world, ahead of Lionel Messi (3rd) and Cristiano Ronaldo (5th)

In 2012, France Football ranked Neymar at 7th in its list of the world's richest footballers, behind the likes ofLionel Messi (1st) and Cristiano Ronaldo (3rd), with a combined income from salaries, bonuses and off-field earnings of £11 million (€13.8 million).[83][84]

On 17 May 2012, Neymar was rated by SportsPro magazine as the most marketable athlete in the world, ahead of Lionel Messi (3rd) and Cristiano Ronaldo (5th)

first of all this
Highest-Paid Footballers 2012 - Richest Footballers

and just because sports pro say its so doesn't mean that he is, first beckham is the most marketable player in the world and that is a fact. No one has earned as much has he has advertising. Not only that but everything he touches or becomes involved with turns to gold. he is the most marketable player in the world you only have to look at the effect he has had on the MLS. Whichever team he decides to go to will have a licence to print money so I am afraid my friend sportspro are misinformed. Also CR7, messi and a whole host of premier league and la liga players have more marketing pull than neymar because he is based in brazil. La Liga and EPL have a worldwide appeal whereas brazil not so much. Also Forbes think CR7 is worlds most marketable athlete

Second on the money front that list I have shown is based on forbes all estimated to be earning more than the 11 million that neymar is reportedly earning.

However you have highlighted my original point the only reason neymar is staying at santos is because he is earning good money if this wasn't the case he would have come to europe already. However if and when he comes to europe and fulfils his potential and wins a few champions leagues does the things messi is doing now he will undoubtedly become very rich and very marketable but he has a long way to go yet wwhen you considor the top 3 in that list earn treble what he does, also in this years list you will have drogba and anelka in there because of the atsronomical sums they earn in china

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anderso...star-neymar-be-paving-the-road-to-bankruptcy/
just throwing this in too to back my point up further says here he takes home 8 million dollars a year too

Last edited:
Fraizer Campbell worth £3.9m!? Yeah, your transfer list is ridiculous mate. (;