Training and tactics from fm08 works in fm09

guys im bit new to the forums but jst want to let u know guys if u downloaded 'mikedadudes' tactic and training in fm08 and played with it and worked well for u then u can do same for fm09 because training schedule still sets right work load as it was originally as well as if u download the tactic pack it works as well.
so give it a go and see guys

gud luck

Its stupid there like a cheat, there interested in my fringe players its like on cm 00-01 if i was bored i would take over man utd and sell them my reserve players for 20m and get there best players for free. But with man city you dont need to cheat because they buy your players anyway and i know a season later they willl be on the transfer list for less than half what i sold him for

Villa Tactic

I have found that this tactic has been working for me at Villa - Ideally I would like to plat 4-4-1-1 but Im waiting for a few players to come in in Jan i.e. top striker. I am halfway through my 1st season and have only lost 4 games. Is it me or has anyone found it easier to sell you players this year??

S S

LW AM RW

l DM l
LB DC DC RB
GK

**** my tactic didnt come out properly :(

You can take a screenshot of the game by pressing ALT + PrtScrn then opening an image editor and pasting (CTRL + V) the screenshot in.

Im at work mate - I would love to play it there though lol

can some1 take a look at my team...is it bad?... can u guys share ur tactic..plz huhu

I have started with Man Utd - a team that should usually be farely easy to manage so I can learn the inns and out of the game... - - But it is still stupidly hard...one game to the next my team will play well against Roma in CL (3-1) away from home, followed by a 2-0 home defeat to Newcastle...followed by a 1-1 draw with West Ham (away), then on to win 1-0 at home to Villa, then I lose 1-0 to lowly Blackburn??? I feel like my team has no consistency and its driving me nuts!:mad:

My man utd team initially struggled. Both Berbatov n Tevez are so inconsistent!! I managed to get 2nd position mainly coz of balotelli. Get him. Dun depend on berba n tevez. I agree with u, losing to stupid lowly teams is a norm is this game. And somehow arsenal is so freaking strong in the first season n the 2nd.wtf.

can some1 take a look at my team...is it bad?... can u guys share ur tactic..plz huhu

to me that looks far too overattacking. letting MF 3 players make their runs upfield with only guthrie dropping back just doenst cut the cheese for me. Personally the 4-1-3-2 works perfectly mixed in with the high defensive line and defensive mode.

tehbest, that is not that bad a tactic. However, Owen would be more effective with forward runs, and you really need a higher tempo! And a bit more closing down - with attacking play, it is important to try and win the ball high up the pitch to prevent your defense from being overloaded in a counter attack. And why do you have so many 1st teamers listed for the reserves? They are just running round midweek getting all tired.

Really, your only fundamental problem is that you are Newcastle.

I started with Man Utd, played 4-2-3-1 attacking, i won all my pre season games, including 3-1 over Inter - creating numerous chances in each. i get to the league. play 2 games with the same tactics, get 10 shots on goal in total in these games, midfielders all finish with ratings of 8+ and my strikers below 7.

antipat1q, it does indeed take a while for your team to adjust if you change their style of play. To start with, my Luton side were unimpressed when I said I was going to play some 'score more than you' football, as the club generally has a more defensive ethos. However, after 7-8 matches they have become used to it, and whenever I say we are off to attack in a press conference they positively love it.

Anyway, I find that the best tactic is the good old 4-4-2 with a small, speedy striker and a classic centre forward - big and good in the air. Keep the passing mixed (i.e. not down the flanks), and employ a more attacking central midfielder alongside a more defensive one...almost creating a diamond during attacking plays. This, coupled will high tempo, little time wasting, all round closing down and an attacking mentality seems to be doing the job - I have picked up 21 points in 9, and this is from a 'relegation candidate' team. Oh, and don't forget you don't want your centre backs wandering off, so take away their forward runs, set closing down to own half, and mentality as either normal or defensive - whichever floats your boat really, they both work just as well, but normal gives you some extra flexibility when attacking.

Hope this helps a bit!

about those 2 strikers...the whole team work well but I can set up those 2...the faster one and the tall one....what sets to u put on them ?!

****.... now i know i'm not the only one struggling to score... :O(

i thought this is ridicously hard too

i thought this is ridiculously hard too but i was wrong. try this: before the begin of the season arange at least 6 or 7 friendlies. set your tactics at first of the friendlies and then do not change the position of the player whatever happens. then you will see that it is not so hard anymore. i suppose you were used to change tactics when you didn't liked how your team plays at previous FM. I was doing the same thing. but now, in 2009 it is more real from that sight of view. like In Real Life if you change your tactics often your team will get used to it after 3, 4 matches so you kept changing it because you keep on loosing and there's a vicious circle. I started like 4 games before I got the point. Now I am with Chelski and everything is going well.

Last edited:
Nails!

I've played this game since the Commodore Amiga days (showing my age), and I think this is extremely hard. I always manage Hull City.
I have just started mt second season after being relegated in the first. I have tried a host of different formations, changed the training, coaching staff. I have just gone a run in the Championship of 6 straight defeats, knocked out of League Cup by Darlo. Well frustrating. I have read a lot of you guys' tactics and I'm about to start again with my beloved Tigers.
I always get the message from my assistant, "There is a big gap between the defence and midfield and the opposition are exploiting this" (??????) Even got this when I played with an anchorman.:mad:

I've played this game since the Commodore Amiga days (showing my age), and I think this is extremely hard. I always manage Hull City.
I have just started mt second season after being relegated in the first. I have tried a host of different formations, changed the training, coaching staff. I have just gone a run in the Championship of 6 straight defeats, knocked out of League Cup by Darlo. Well frustrating. I have read a lot of you guys' tactics and I'm about to start again with my beloved Tigers.
I always get the message from my assistant, "There is a big gap between the defence and midfield and the opposition are exploiting this" (??????) Even got this when I played with an anchorman.:mad:

Maybe your defence is too deep and the rest of your midfield are too attacking?

Maybe your defence is too deep and the rest of your midfield are too attacking?

Spot on, I agree.

Moving back to the original topic, I really do not believe this game is "ridiculously hard." While this year's iteration has, at times, wiped the floor with tactics I have utilized in the past, it is by no means a difficulty curve that will see you struggle for more than a week.
I played the demo for the last two weeks and proceeded to purchase the game today. After beginning a career I was randomly presented with an Australian A-League club, "The Mariners."
For those that do not know already, the A-League operates with a salary cap that does restrict finances to a degree. Presented with a transfer budget of 20k (Aus Dollar), there has not been a lot of transfer action minus the free transfers of a young utility FB and a former-Sydney CB.
My initial results were sub-par according to the fans and a few of the players.
I play a defensive 4-4-2, which plays the ball slow and short up the field with rotating strikers and a clever att-minded midfielder who threads the needle.
While the tactic did not go to plan immediately, by mid season I was starting to worry. For some reason the Australian media labeled the Mariners as having title chances, despite a small squad.
I languished through October and November, suffering one particular heavy defeat to our northern rivals, Newcastle Jets.

Now, however, after a I came through looking like a hero in a couple of press conferences that focused alot on squad/board confidence we have begun to turn it around. With the confidence of four wins in a row, some of the ego problems I was dealing with [from players] have become less of an issue.

Someone else mentioned earlier in the thread that consistency was a key to finding better performances and I think that is mostly true from what I have experienced so far. I managed to stick through a rough patch, kept my tactics and trained the players to play my style and the wins have eventually come.
Of course I cannot look through rose-coloured glasses now, but I have more hope now that with minor-tweaking and persistence I will find my through FM2009's vast world of tactics.

The game is hard. Yes. But it is also "ridiculously" addictive none the less.

first of all, u need to understand what tactics do they apply in the reality world.it goes same in the game..if u changed it..maybe it will be even better or even worse..and it takes time to adapt it if u changed it dramatically...