Does man city buy every player on everyone else's game too? They just bought ross wallace for 6m off me and there buying every player on my shortlist and there interested in all my players, my mate said they are exactly the same on his. This happening on everyone elses?

i dont know about this, because i'm using Man City right now.. :D

but man.. they have a lot of transfer budget.. I can buy arshavin, marcelo, huntelaar, and moutinho, and i still have budget left in my club. But still, i have problem with scoring and consistency.

In my game, Robinho played well when he play as a left striker, but played like **** when i put him in the center forward.

Tired Injured players

I am really cheesed off with how many times my players are injured compared to fm 2008 :mad:

I am really cheesed off with how many times my players are injured compared to fm 2008 :mad:

Players using sicknotes is not really the game's fault, is it? Alter your fitness training, or training intensity, or advertise for a new physio... or stop playing team members who are too tired/poor physical fitness.

i positively disagree with this post i think when you all get used to this game you will understand how "in depth" it is, you have to keep to 1 or 2 ways to play you cant keep chopping and changing like rafa last season lol stick to 1 tactic change it slightly if your playing a team you cant break down and if you have good enuff players you should come out on top personally im arsenal im in december in my first season signed veleso balotteli higuain still to loose a game except for 1 in the carling cup against liverpool 1-0 and i played my kids lol and they had there first 11 out and we almost won but for a late goal from keane yid army scum lol peace

Also, don't buy David Trezeguet. His stats are very deceiving. A striker with his stats should have good pace but he doesn't. He also lacks the strength to hold the ball up and fight for the ball, combined with a poor work rate he's awful. Found this out to my cost when I bought him for 20m in my first season. :(

I've played this game since the Commodore Amiga days (showing my age), and I think this is extremely hard. I always manage Hull City.
I have just started mt second season after being relegated in the first. I have tried a host of different formations, changed the training, coaching staff. I have just gone a run in the Championship of 6 straight defeats, knocked out of League Cup by Darlo. Well frustrating. I have read a lot of you guys' tactics and I'm about to start again with my beloved Tigers.
I always get the message from my assistant, "There is a big gap between the defence and midfield and the opposition are exploiting this" (??????) Even got this when I played with an anchorman.:mad:

i remember those days. with the old tactics

2st
supply
3cm one with a barrow
flat back 4 with both fullbacks with farrows

and a direct style, from Div 4 to Div 1 in 3 seasons, winning the intercontinental cup on the way, was a great game until you were top of Div 1 and your players used to disappear to europe for big money.

still try it with every new version and it has never worked since,
as for the gap between the defence and midfield, im getting sick of that since im winning i just ignor it

Last edited:
thats nothig, im managing manchester united, im second in EPL, because arsenal is first with score 16 games 15wins 0drawn and 1defeat....i found this quite impossible

I'm playing an Arsenal season. And it started alright. I pay 4-4-2 with an attacking mentality and quick tempo. scored 11 goals in my first 5 games and kept 4 clean sheets.

THEN IT WENT WRONG

lost to man city, drew to panathinaikos, lost to bolton

I create atleast 4 one on ones every game, none of my strikers just can't score(adebayor, van persie, balotelli, vela, henry or bendtner), added to that there are numerous crosses from nasri and walcott that deserve to be put away. And my defence has suddenly gone awol. Scoring own goals and missing interceptions, and of cause when bolton players get through on goal they tuck them in the corner.

HELP PLEASE...has anyone had a successful season with arsenal yet?

I'm playing an Arsenal season. And it started alright. I pay 4-4-2 with an attacking mentality and quick tempo. scored 11 goals in my first 5 games and kept 4 clean sheets.

THEN IT WENT WRONG

I create atleast 4 one on ones every game, none of my strikers just can't score(adebayor, van persie, balotelli, vela, henry or bendtner), added to that there are numerous crosses from nasri and walcott that deserve to be put away. And my defence has suddenly gone awol. Scoring own goals and missing interceptions, and of cause when bolton players get through on goal they tuck them in the corner.

Bad luck pal. If you find a good solution can you contact Arsene for us? :-D

Maybe teams have started to work out your methods, or maybe your players are beginning to stagnate in training? Is the personality of the squad being properly pleased at your press conferences?
General dips in form will happen with any team, hopefully you can pull your boys back out of the mire!

Give Jack Wilshere a run. ;)

The game really frustrated me. I use Newcastle United, 6th position in December, but my captain - Owen, my best striker - Martins (9 goals), want to leave me, in Jan, I've to let Owen go (he dun want to extend his contract), to Tottenham !!! Which is 17th place!! and Martins to Inter Milan, minimum fee release clause !! And Nicky ****, Cacapa don't want to extended their contract as well.

Now, how, where to get other striker? How to maintain my position? Why Owen want to leave me for a lower position team?

That sucks maybe they all just fancy a change of scenery. If I were you i'd bring in plentyof good players to fill the gaps and not just 1 or 2 expensive ones.

it seems like im not the only one who struggle to score when playing fm.haha..

THEN IT WENT WRONG

dude..u have to start using wonderkids and play new tactics

poor poor game, theyeve wreaked it by messing up the tactics it impossible to have fun on it now so.......I NEVER GOING TO PLAY ON FOOTBALL MANAGER AGAIN

benfica

dude..u have to start using wonderkids and play new tactics

ok so i 've decided to sart a game with benfica. and my tactic is working, although i need to try it in some proper leagues cos i reckon i could win most of these games in the portuagese league with 10 players.

52866191xr7.jpg

84800829tu7.jpg

must have a very fast striker. amc must be a quality player(passing, technique, creativity)

im trying it with hull now - i'll write back in a couple of days

Last edited by a moderator: