Rinus Michels - Total Football - by kun

Rinus Michels - Total Football - by kun 20.4.1

do you rotate between the 2 depending on the game? E.g use the 433 in away games or against the big teams

also what position do you have taking the set pieces

Hi,
I was a massive fan of your tiki taka tactic on FM14. I was thinking only the other day of how well it would work in fm20, so I was surprised to see you post a new tactic here! Thought I would show my progress so far...

My pre season was my own attempt at making a tactic, but then I plugged in yours for the first 3 games of the season and it's devastating against lower teams.

Against Wolves I used 4231, then Ozil got injured so I used the 433 with the fullbacks at DL/DR, not WBL/WBR.
Pepe at AMR has been devestating. I've invested money in youth so also using young players at DC, DM, and subbing in players for game time in 2nd half. I could have scored more but took Aubemeyang off early vs watford and villa.

I'm disappointed in the very low possession score though. I really love high numbers of possession and passes. Any tweaks you can recommend to keep the ball a bit more? I've tried changing from attacking to positive mentality, and also lowering tempo slightly, unticking 'shoot on sight' and adding work ball into box. But this just seems to mean I score 0 goals. (the watford game i added all these tweaks - 60% possession)

Overall, great work! Its very fun to watch the team play.

1590350149983.png

1590350220130.png

1590350247167.png

1590350264200.png

Any chance I could see photos of the player instructions? I use fm touch on the iPad so can’t download tactics

Hi Kun,
Good to have you back. I used your tactics a lot at FM 14. It was effective and I played beautiful football. Didn't you think about making a version of Tiki Taka for FM 20, as in previous editions? I know that the ME is no longer the same, however it can work. The possession and pass statistics for your new tactics are low. Thank you!

do you rotate between the 2 depending on the game? E.g use the 433 in away games or against the big teams
No. Both are equally offensive. I just use them in two different saves as the teams were built differently.

also what position do you have taking the set pieces
I guess I wrote that on main thread. The corner kick takers would be the Inside Forwards (no matter which one).

Hi Kun,
Good to have you back. I used your tactics a lot at FM 14. It was effective and I played beautiful football. Didn't you think about making a version of Tiki Taka for FM 20, as in previous editions? I know that the ME is no longer the same, however it can work. The possession and pass statistics for your new tactics are low. Thank you!
Hi ElComandante92,
Like I said in a comment before, is so cool to have guys like you saying that you have enjoyed playing with my tactics, make me so proud and think that worth the time I spent back those days.
About possession tactic, as you may know, I prefer attacking minded and possession based tactic, but in recents match engine, I guess it's been very difficult to find a balance between a tactic with high % of possession and get massive results.It may be possible to find, but like I said in comment before, a lot of things changed in my life since 2014. Now I'm father (of the next world class striker) ahah, experienced some new jobs in between, so the time to develop a good tactic decresed a lot. Eventhough, now at home due to covid-19 I had more time to relive those memories. :)
About a tactic with high possession, I made one where I can get more than 75% of possession in 95% of the matches, but doesn't create much chances hahaha
P.S.:With that tactic, I managed to find a bug on the game. It's about the individual complete passes during the game. :) :)
(below SS doesn't belong to the tactic of this thread)
1590354663706.png

Hi,
I was a massive fan of your tiki taka tactic on FM14. I was thinking only the other day of how well it would work in fm20, so I was surprised to see you post a new tactic here! Thought I would show my progress so far...

My pre season was my own attempt at making a tactic, but then I plugged in yours for the first 3 games of the season and it's devastating against lower teams.

Against Wolves I used 4231, then Ozil got injured so I used the 433 with the fullbacks at DL/DR, not WBL/WBR.
Pepe at AMR has been devestating. I've invested money in youth so also using young players at DC, DM, and subbing in players for game time in 2nd half. I could have scored more but took Aubemeyang off early vs watford and villa.

I'm disappointed in the very low possession score though. I really love high numbers of possession and passes. Any tweaks you can recommend to keep the ball a bit more? I've tried changing from attacking to positive mentality, and also lowering tempo slightly, unticking 'shoot on sight' and adding work ball into box. But this just seems to mean I score 0 goals. (the watford game i added all these tweaks - 60% possession)

Overall, great work! Its very fun to watch the team play.

View attachment 504506

View attachment 504507
View attachment 504508
View attachment 504509
Hi TjPvaya, thanks for your testing results.
This tactic doesn't prioritize the possession. As long as I understood from my research about Rinus Michels, there has to be tons of shots on goal, clear cut chances, complete freedom for the players and high pressing to recover the ball asap. For the guys who know me, they already know that I prefer my team to play a good and offensive possession based football. But, I realize that is a bit hard (to be nice) to get massive scoreboards and efficiency and also get possession. I mean, it may be possible, but I didn't find a way to balance between possession and green results. :) If you want a tactic to have more than 75% of possession in 95% of the matches, I can provide you that, but doesn't create any chance at all hahaha
P.S.:With that tactic, I managed to find a bug on the game. It's about the individual complete passes during the game. :) :)
1590354752746.png

Hi ElComandante92,
Like I said in a comment before, is so cool to have guys like you saying that you have enjoyed playing with my tactics, make me so proud and think that worth the time I spent back those days.
About possession tactic, as you may know, I prefer attacking minded and possession based tactic, but in recents match engine, I guess it's been very difficult to find a balance between a tactic with high % of possession and get massive results.It may be possible to find, but like I said in comment before, a lot of things changed in my life since 2014. Now I'm father (of the next world class striker) ahah, experienced some new jobs in between, so the time to develop a good tactic decresed a lot. Eventhough, now at home due to covid-19 I had more time to relive those memories. :)
About a tactic with high possession, I made one where I can get more than 75% of possession in 95% of the matches, but doesn't create much chances hahaha

I do really like this tactic - the attack is great! Would you be willing to post your possession tactic as well? I don't expect it to score loads of goals, but I like to switch between attack / possession when I get a lead. I'm just AWFUL at making tactics myself ! haha

I know what you mean about life getting in the way. Some things are more important :)

Cheers

Reactions: kun
I do really like this tactic - the attack is great! Would you be willing to post your possession tactic as well? I don't expect it to score loads of goals, but I like to switch between attack / possession when I get a lead. I'm just AWFUL at making tactics myself ! haha

I know what you mean about life getting in the way. Some things are more important :)

Cheers
Glad to hear that, apart from not being a possession minded tactic and you as lover of possession football, enjoyed the attacking style, which was the major purpose of the tactic. :)
About that possession tactic that I create, I need to make some tweaks to make it good enough to be shared.At this moment, that tactic resumes to possession, pure and only! Sometimes, the players forget that in the field there is 2 goals in each side. HAAHHA

I’d love to test both of them if you wouldn’t mind but if it has to be one. Could I see the PI‘s for the 433? Thanks!
Ok, here it goes Players Instructions (Left Wing-Back = Right Wing-Back // Left CB = Right CB // Left Inside Forward = Right Inside Forward)
The only change for the 4231 is that the AP (attack) becomes SS. The SS of the Shadow Striker will be sent in he end.
1590355491840.png
1590355497131.png
1590355501677.png
1590355507917.png
1590355512410.png
1590355520345.png
1590355527015.png
1590355531811.png

Shadow Striker
1590355627056.png

Attachments

• 1590355286011.png