rishmanisation's English Premier League Chairman Game (FM16 Edition)

View attachment 169153

Chelsea season review

Overall a fairly decent season for the club with supporters getting used to the team winning, but at the end of the day it wasn't successful enough as Pellegrini failed to deliver on his promise of a trophy a season.

Premier League

The Premier League ended with us in 2nd place which is a decent starting place to push on, being the best of the rest behind a dominant Arsenal side.

View attachment 169151
80 goals is a fantastic return and the best scoring record of the league. 40 goals conceded is good as well, second only to Arsenal but hopefully the return of Mourinho will tighten the defence up again. We picked up some amazing results but also suffered some unacceptable defeats against the likes of Liverpool and West Ham and we also lost twice to our closest rivals QPR!!

Verdict: Success.

League Cup

The League cup was an absolute non-starter for us this year as we failed to defend our crown. We managed to beat Walsall and West ham to get to the quarter finals but then ran head first into a strong Man City team who managed to beat us on penalties at the Etihad.

Verdict: Failure.

FA Cup

We didnt even make it past the 3rd round of the FA Cup as we got knocked out by Man Utd at Old Trafford. We were unfortunate here as we bossed the match but just didnt have the cutting edge required. Much work ahead.

Champions League

A memorable season in the Champions League, even if we failed to get anywhere near the final. We managed to qualify out of a group that contained FC Bayern and Monaco and then beat Real Madrid on aggregate in the round of 16 before once again running into Man Utd, the eventual winners of the competition. We narrowly lost out 4-3 on aggregate but this really was a turning point in Pellegrini's job security.

Players of the Season

Some outstanding performances from some of our players indicate a very bright future with a superbly strong spine for our team.

Eden Hazard

View attachment 169150
What can I say about this man, the heartbeat of the whole team. Was once again magnificent this season.

Appearances - 55
Goals - 17
assists - 12
P.O.M - 6
Average rating - 7.62

Oscar

View attachment 169149

The baby faced assassin ran the show in the central attacking midfield position and has won many plaudits and admiring glances. A key part of our team.

Appearances - 50
Goals - 15
Assists - 10
P.O.M - 8
Average Rating - 7.56

Juan Cuadrado

View attachment 169148
I was really unsure about the lightning quick Colombian, but I gave him a shot and boy did he deliver. Keeping both Willian and Walcott out of the team, he has become a star player.

Appearances - 48
Goals - 13
Assists - 12
P.O.M. - 2
Average Rating - 7.46

John Terry

View attachment 169147
Captain, Leader, Legend. Mr. Chelsea. 36 years old and still going strong, one of the best defenders the Premier League has ever seen.

Appearances - 46
Tackles - 256 (87% won)
Interceptions - 205 (League best by a mile!)
Assists - 3
P.O.M - 3
Average Rating - 7.54

Team awards

Chairman player of the year - John Terry

View attachment 169146
Chelsea player of the year - Eden Hazard

View attachment 169145
Top goalscorer - Diego Costa (17)

View attachment 169144

Quite how I managed to forget to announce the manager for so long is a mystery to me, but here we go :P

TOTTENHAM OFFICIAL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT

View attachment 169142
Tottenham Hotspur would today like to announce Unai Emery as the man to replace Mauricio 'Slide' Pochettino as Head Coach/Manager/Crash Test Dummy.

Emery released the following statement upon his appointment: Kane is for sale. For £80m+. And for the record, he's better than the Brazilian traitor at Chelsea! Also, we aim high (1st place) and then we realistically target 4th. We are the new Arsenal!

We also got the following statement from Mr Blatter: What do you mean he's not Guardiola?! I asked for the best Spanish manager possible and you got me this?! And he said he's going to make us like Arsenal?! He is walking on a tightrope already.

View attachment 169141

UPDATE: Everton and Hull have been filled up. Waiting on one more player, and then I'll get the mystery box up and running.

I am going to be on holiday from tomorrow for around 2 weeks (Leicester City), so may struggle to be active during the transfer window etc.

Hopefully I will be able to get online from time to time, but am just warning you about my potential lack of activity.

View attachment 169117

The Tigers are back!!!

After finishing second in the Championship last season, Hull City are back in the Premiership. And they are back with a new chairman and he is none other than Tiger legend.................

Dean has said that there is only one target for the team this season and it's survival, plain and simple. "Seventeenth place in the league come May will be a successful year for us" says Dean, " anything more than that is simply the icing on the cake".

Sorry for the delay, just got on. Thought i had until the end of today to choose or was that yesterday?

Everton FC Club Announcement

Everton Takeover News

View attachment 169014

There has been a surprising development at Merseyside as Donald Trump decided to put Everton up for sale. Since he has emerged as the Republican frontrunner for Presidency, and in the wake of recent arguments over his ban on entering the UK, he has gone and told Everton fans - "You're Fired".

The good news for the fans is that they have the new owner is an Everton fan and has the best interests of the club at heart. The Rocky star Sylvester Stallone knocked out Donald Trump in a Boxing match that lasted precisely 3 seconds and claimed the ownership of Everton. He flew down today to Merseyside for a press conference.

Stallone on evertonfc.com: "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

The Mystery Box is Open!

The Mystery Box draft is now open!

Everyone pick a number between 1 and 22 (ninjaskill and bornexplorer88, you guys get to pick 2 numbers) and post it on the thread. DO NOT send me a PM with your number. By posting it on the thread, it is possible for everyone to keep track of which numbers have already been taken. Since I'm running the game, I'll pick the last available number.

Available perks:

3 x create a wonderkid
3 x stadium expansion
3 x facilities upgrade
3 x no compensation for manager change
2 x 50 million addition to balance
4 x 20 million addition to balance
3 x additional transfer
1 x guaranteed transfer

NOTE: Perks can be sold! Transfers of perks will work in the same way as C2C transfers. This is useful, especially if you end up with two of the same perks. Perks may also be swapped for other perks or a combination of perks.

Explanation of what each perk does:

Create a wonderkid: Self explanatory. If you get this perk, you can choose what position you want your wonderkid to play in.

Stadium expansion: Expand stadium capacity by 5000 seats. This perk can be combined with a paid expansion. So for instance, if you want to increase your capacity by 15000 seats, you only have to pay for 10000 if you use this perk.

Facilities upgrade: Upgrade training and youth facilities by one unit. You can also choose to expand either one by 2 units (note that this will mean you cannot upgrade the other).

No compensation for manager change: Self explanatory. This perk CANNOT be used in C2C manager swaps. Regular reputation rules will apply.

50 million addition to balance: Self explanatory.

20 million addition to balance: Self explanatory.

Additional transfer: This perk will allow you to make an additional transfer of a particular type (example: you can make 3 FGN transfers instead of 2). Only valid for the transfer window in which it is used.

Guaranteed transfer: If you end up bidding for a player that other chairmen has bid for, you will get him, no matter what wages or transfer fee the other chairmen have offered. This can ONLY be used on ONE player.

Happy picking, gentlemen!

Back