rishmanisation's English Premier League Chairman Game (FM16 Edition)

Norwich not looking to buy anyone because of lack of money however happy to sell player :)

Spurs not actively looking to sell, but not against selling either - PM if interested!

Newcastle are having a great season and we don't want to ruin squad harmony so there will be little to no transfer busines

View attachment 143369

Nath Walker takes over Reading!!

In a shock move, relatively unknown English businessman has taken over control of Reading FC.

In the press conference Walker was quoted as saying.
"I've been looking to take over a football club ever since I came into the money I did. Reading became available and so the opportunity arose. This is a fantastic club that have been through some hard times recently. I will do everything to make the next few years brighter. I am looking at a few changes for the better already and we're in talks with a few players looking to improve the squad in order to stay in the premier league this season and improve year on year from there.
Thank you for the opportunity, more news will follow when I have it!"

Who knows what the future will hold for Walker and Reading, and with only one day left to make transfers. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
stx-Reading-FC-logo.jpg

Change continues at Reading!!

In the wake of recent news that Walker has taken control on Reading FC, there has been more change this morning. Like many takeovers Walker has many of his own ideas to put forward to improve the club. The first of these being that current manager Karl Robinsons contract has been terminated with immediate affect.

Walker said:

“Karl is a fantastic guy and a great manager but with the club currently sitting in 18th place in the league a change is needed, Karl agreed and I wish him the best of luck in the future. In regards to Karls replacement we have a shortlist of managers that we’re working on, as soon as we have news this will be announced.”

SkyBet current odds on next Reading manager:

Slavan Bilic—6/4
Bernd Schuster—2/1
Rafa Benitez—3/1
Frank De Boer—6/1
Tite—6/1
Leonardo Jardim—8/1
Nigel Clough—10/1

Maitland-Niles in at Reading!

Along with this announcement Walker has also announced a new face at the Madjeski:

”We are delighted to announce Ainsley (Maitland-Niles) as our first signing of the window. He is a fantastic player and to get him for such a reasonable price makes the deal even better. I negotiated with the Arsenal chairman and this deal was one done in a matter of minutes. He was a delight to negotiate with. We hope that Ainsley will provide us with a different type of play than usual both in the immediate and in the future. There will hopefully be many more deals to come in the next day or so to turn this club back around. Thank you for your time.

This deal is thought to be in the area of a £10m fee with wages of around £42k per week.

Will sort out transfers tomorrow morning. Need to get some sleep atm! But I have gotten a couple at least! :p

I think I'll have to drop out. I haven't had a proper update in a while, and I just didn't want to get in the transfer business, so yeah, I'm out.

Sorry for the delay. Have had a very busy week, but now that my vacation has started, I'll have time to update.

That being said, with the lack of activity in the window, this last 6 months may well be the last of this chairman game, unless a lot of interest sparks when we hit the end of the season.

View attachment 1061952
January Update
Transfers
In a very quiet window, only a few teams were active. Reading look to have strengthened well!

View attachment 142443

In terms of manager-made transfers, the biggest deals were sales. As Arsenal, Man Utd and Stoke let big players go. The biggest loss may well be Jose Mauri, Stoke's star midfielder, who swapped rainy nights in Stoke for the yellow wall in Dortmund.
View attachment 142442

Results
Gameweek 20
View attachment 142441

Gameweek 21
View attachment 142440
View attachment 142439
View attachment 142438

Gameweek 22
View attachment 142437
View attachment 142436
View attachment 142435

Gameweek 23
View attachment 142433
View attachment 142432
View attachment 142431

Gameweek 24
View attachment 142430

League Table
View attachment 142429
It's tightening up now, even at the top! The two Manchester sides, and Arsenal are separated by a single point. Chelsea and Spurs look to be the teams in contention for 4th, while any team from 6th to 11th look to be in with a shot for Europe. In the relegation battle, Fulham and Hull look doomed, while Everton have some ground to make up after Reading's turn of form.

Capital One Cup:
View attachment 142428
Stoke and Man City will face off in the final of the Capital One Cup. Both after beating their opponents on away goals in 3-3 draws.

Game Save
HERE!

Reading Start To Climb

In the wake of Walkers takeover and numerous changes to the club, improvements can already be seen at The Madjeski Stadium. Reading have climbed out of the relegation zone and are now 3 points above relegation. Changes such as Slavan Bilic coming in as manager and the signings of Asmir Begovic, Youri Tielmans and Ayoze Perez in particular have impressed the outside world. With many saying is these are the sort of signings to expect in the future that we should be seeing a lot more of reading in years to come.

New boy Perez has come straight into the starting line up at scored 3 goal in the last 6 games, could he be the striker that Reading needed to fire in the goals? Only time will tell but it’s a very good start for the new Reading era.

View attachment 142304
Liverpool Embrace the New Year

Thornberry seemed pleased after the transfer window close and Mourinho seems to have got his team ticking and the youth are finally getting a look in. This Liverpool team is beginning to pick up form and maybe not this year but quite possibly next season this team could flourish...
View attachment 142294
We caught up with Nigel after transfer window and he seemed displeased to be robbed on deadline by the gunners.
"Mr. Thornberry, hows the day been for you today?"

"Hi born, its been a good day but we disappointed in one individual today to had agreed a deal with Liverpool early on in the window. Nearer the deadline he then decided to sign for Arsenal, it was a disappointment to miss out on yet another homegrown talent, they are hard to come by...don't get me wrong we have signed a few great players, and I'd like to formally welcome back Robert to the club, we were disappointed to see him go in the first place, and Coutinho is obviously delighted and has decided to remain at the club. - cough cough - "for the time being that this." -cough cough - "he can't make up his ****** mind" - cough cough -

"How is Mourinho getting on in your eyes? The fans seem pleased with change..."

"We are happy with clubs progress under Mourinho, and we pleased we what we see here right now. He has told me in our previous catch up that he is encouraged by what he sees and tells me to expect trophies in the next two seasons, so we will see how he gets on next season."

--------------------------------------------

Mourinho was however unable to chat to us as he was dealing with the whiplash of his latest antics live on Graham Norton... after he was asked live by a Chelsea fan if he thought his former club had a chance at the title this season.
View attachment 142296
Mourinho said there was more chance of him and Graham Norton getting together than Chelsea winning the title this season. Let's just say the fan was appalled but the crowd loved it.
View attachment 142295

View attachment 1062218
February Update

Results:
Gameweek 25
View attachment 142202
View attachment 142201

Gameweek 26
View attachment 142200
View attachment 142199
View attachment 142198

Gameweek 27
View attachment 142197
View attachment 142196
View attachment 142195
View attachment 142194

Gameweek 28
View attachment 142193
View attachment 142192

League Table:
View attachment 142191
Still tight at the top, as well as in the fight for Europe. QPR, Reading and Everton had god months, as Everton look to climb out of the relegation zone. Fulham and Hull look like lost causes.

Game Save

HERE!

Can this be the season Stoke will reach the European stage? I have been busy the last week's but I will try to post an update in the weekend