8bd28111f9fee64fc9f2fa78100e5d00.png

It was the Kobenhavn press day, it was mainly a chance for fans to see players and journalists to ask questions as we announced last seasons awards and officially showed off a few new signings. The big thing was the release of fixtures, predictions and expectations.

733f722bd7364e6675c8154956129b96.png

We are the bookies' favourites, but anyone down to fifth are going to challenge. Rivals Brondby will be desperate to retain the title. I definitely feel it is possible for us to win the league, it is the aim. After speaking to managing director Anders Horsholt it was clear the club were hoping I would recreate what I did in Ireland, in bringing a once top side back into real contention. This would come with winning the title and Danish Cup while looking competitive in the Europa League.

7292bfd0777c4800343f8e23329c46da.png

The season starts at the end of July and ends late May as there is a Winter break here, thankfully! As much as the Boxing Day fixture is big in England I feel they are desperate for a Christmas break.

As for transfers, we have made a few big moves. Finances are quite safe at the minute at Kobenhavn so I was very happy to have a bit to spend.

The first big move was to bring Magnus Wolff Eikrem in on a pre-contract deal. I was interested in him at Newcastle United but a deal never looked like it wanted to happen, he has been completely written out of action and prominence at West Ham United in the Premier League and a move to us looked good for the Norwegian who is set to hit 30.

ce75f4c6e2d9cff10b1e298e33d3ca20.png

1f22b9fb2833948e73bd638671d2bf3e.png

Upon arrival I was very quickly interested in Rasmussen who got the leagues highest number of assists last season, he's 28, Danish and a decent player to have in and around the side. He's incredibly versatile and is safe to play anywhere outside of the defence.

768759c15b5a34f552a2922e44ecb860.png

561328b160a46ebdf8f8c4f279c8fb0b.png

The biggest of the deals meant bringing in another player once of the Manchester United academy. Tyler Blackett is an incredibly decent central defender who I feel can be a huge boost to our back 4 in both the league and European campaign.

95b1eab3bb490d86debd90455e58beb3.png

35a06c6b221408a3dcbad42b291a6afd.png

Definitely excited by our signings, I feel we can win the title this year and I feel like a child at Christmas at the prospect of the Europa League!

dc8d1cc3062f9fa3f23ded8b46ff9e70.png

UEFA EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

I was so near to traveling to see the Championships before Copenhagen called and I was the manager of FC Kobenhavn. It was still of importance though, Denmark were competing as was our captain Thomas Delaney.

GROUP STAGES

A

a8b45a9e56bbffc2650fb63c91043861.png

Holland and France were joined by Romania in making it through to the knockout stages while Albania featured after knocking out Slovenia and Poland in the play offs for qualification. Some feat.

B

b0b8fa6ff0b786c963345c022431d1be.png

Switzerland stun Spain while Czech Republic beat Greece in what would be seen as a game for the knockout stages.

C

41be6b623e297029e003203dbb824de5.png

Finland were unbelievable, they sneaked into the Championships with huge wins over Russia and Ukraine in the play-offs and continued to stun as they forced Belgium out at the group stages.

D

4a354bea2ab1811887f72e5f718440be.png

Denmark and Thomas Delaney had an easier group that most and they went unbeaten throughout with wins over Cyprus and Austria. Bosnia and Herzegovina narrowly miss out on a best-placed third for knockout football.

E

142861e17595cea7e5afa93facf740cc.png

Unbelievable, as Ireland manage wins over England, Sweden and Croatia as England's late winner at Sweden gives them knockout football. Ireland were unbelievable, with only one player outside of England and that is Perth Glory's 34 year old Andrew Keogh.

F

5032ca053edb5a5d76d5962d58bb1d19.png

A fair few draws as Germany advanced as expected. Norway weren't clinical enough as Turkey managed to go through ahead of them. Bulgaria, as expected, didn't uproot any trees.

4b4dd793bbc60b52b86b34053487ea9f.png

UEFA EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

The Euro's continued with the first knockout round and the last 16, the first game to take place was Finland and France. France were hopeful of a good tournament while Finland had somehow found themselves in the knockout stages despite not thinking making the tournament was even possible.

fcf4c5db59afc71d0c2c0b20c7e2c41f.png

Unfortunately it seemed their run could not go on, 3 first half goals and a Teemu Pukki own goal had Finland 2-1 down, they played incredibly well and kept up with the French side but it wasn't enough as France went on.

Thomas Delaney and Denmark would face up to England on the same day, England were shaken after their awful display in the Group Stages and had to pick themselves up again while Denmark may have become complacent after having a walk in the park.

56ec89340a2530c59d295dce57b02954.png

Extra time was waiting until a tired foul out wide on the right gave England a free kick, the ball was swung in onto Brandon Barker who slipped in at the back post - Goal! 94th minute. Unbelievable heartache as England squeeze passed the Danish.

Romania then set up for Switzerland, Switzerland shocked many with their strong performances in their group and their ability to hold against Spain

09606729dc849865291607bc78c58960.png

It wasn't to continue though, an early second half goal was all it took for the game to be decided. Incredibly boring, 1 real chance that lead to the goal.

Eyes quickly shifted to Germany though as they set up to take on Croatia, while a tournament win was unlikely for Croatia they were a team to be reckoned with and Germany had to know this as they aimed to move Spain from their European throne.

90976ffaac9ac94ad9e81a5ee9f6e296.png

Germany were always in the lead, there was nothing to really take from the game apart from the goals. Otherwise it was a pretty average game with few shots. Croatia looked good in parts however the Germans were too clinical.

Portugal were next on the agenda, as they looked on to see a stubborn Czech Republic side. Portugal had pleaded with Cristiano Ronaldo to return after an unbelievable season with Real Madrid aged 35 however he wasn't interested to the surprise of fans from around the world who thought Portugal had a shot.

f96750155189d9eb84eb1df19324d3aa.png

Czech Republic failed to hold their first half lead as a quick-fire double from Portugal kept their hopes alive - just! It was also a very controversial penalty.

Ireland shocked the majority of Europe with their display in the Group Stages. Austria were next and they were expected to continue their winning ways.

b737d8e89fd2c3f8ed79d6deda79c742.png

However, it wasn't to be. It was made harder when Derrick Williams found himself receive a red within the first 20 minutes, it did take Austria until the 85th minute before they hit Ireland with a goal and elimination.

Holland would meet Italy in the pick of the second round games, both teams were desperate for progression. Holland were the World Cup holders and were expected to progress and Italy were paying for their group stage shortcomings by meeting Holland so early.

73e2af75fc83fb43aeb07600ef852560.png

However, missed chance after missed chance meant Italy basically just had to score to win and they did! Twice. Huge result knocks out one of the favourites at one of the first hurdles.

Holders Spain would meet Turkey in the final game of the Last 16, Turkey would take inspiration from the Italy result but Spain were just too strong.

6b042bf1dd61a3de559096eba2359f8e.png

c6f0f7ca4ebe4f2ac11aeb4efd6240b5.png

Gotta love international competitions in FM :D
And its nice to have a familiar and very useful player around

EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

The tournament finally draws to a close, some real upsets as Italy manage to hold Germany and then defeat them on penalties, the first major win for Italy since the 2006 World Cup.

e554f0d854973d0f134301c2cea6a079.png

ab0f598cc41afc8474b76142f9943259.png

It was a thrilling watch but I am now days away from my Europa League and Kobenhavn debut..

Best story on the site by far. Fantastic stuff matey can't wait to see how you get on in Denmark

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

66535bd3f7fe615af3130148c71b20c7.png

"Right lads, Europe is a brand new experience to me and some of you but we should hopefully have a few easy game to settle into it. That starts today against Inter Turku. I've told you how to play and we can't have a Finnish side beat us surely?"
I called across the plane before take off, it wasn't ideal circumstances, we would travel the morning of the game on a short plane journey but I wanted us to go one night before but the board felt we should be comfortable against FC Inter Turku and it was a short flight after all.

We arrived safely and had a light lunch before doing tactical work and a light run to keep players a little fresh after the trip on the plane. They had an 90 minutes to themselves before we would travel to the ground that was setting up to be a sell-out.

FC Inter Turku would be no pushovers however, they had completely demolished Cliftonville and were looking strong in their league. Only narrowly missing out on a Championship to HJK.

b6e0d50de92f2c7ad6ca53aa18b65516.png

The players had a lot of adapting to do as they were playing a 3-5-2 last season, and the season before. But I was still confident, pre-season had gone okay too with decent games against Marseille, Boca Juniors and Bayern Leverkusen.

The game got off to a slow start but Inter Turku hit first, the ball managed to find its way to Silvennoinen on the back post, with one good touch he left Kovacevic stranded and he powered it passed Ronnow. Not the best of starts and we had to fight back, thankfully we did manage a goal before half time otherwise I reckon they'd have held on all the way as Tarique Fosu, on his debut, managed to come in from the left and smash one in off the bar from 18 yards.

The second half was an onslaught from us again, however our finishing wasn't quite there. We did manage one though, this time from the right winger Albrechtsen who dummied it and smashed it into the top corner from his wide right position.

2-1 was the final score, I wanted more but that'll have to wait until the home tie. Players are still settling, and I can't speak Danish to reiterate how they are supposed to really play. It shall do!

80485e381b8c859ba086909ee1bfe3e0.png

Brendan Rodgers takes the next step in his managerial career, from winning promotion to the Premier League with Swansea in 2011 to fulfilling his aims at Liverpool with 2 Premier League titles, 2 FA Cups and 3 League Cups. He did struggle to succeed in Europe but Liverpool are certainly in position to challenge across the continent.

In joining Barcelona, he joins the current Champions League holders, who also won the Europa League in 2018 but still fight with Real Madrid over Spanish dominance.

He signed a 4 year deal worth £89,000 per week. Marcelo Gallardo is favourite to replace him who has dominated South America and had success with Shakthar Donetsk.

60da749a5226df5ca3eb121818e2b5d5.png

Nice win in your first European game!! I think Fosu could end up a club legend!

"Hi, who's calling?" I asked as I juggled paper and a coffee as I left my office and began my descent to the car park. It was an unrecognised number and I almost didn't answer it but felt it was necessary in my rushed state.

"What is this, bossman!? Newcastle United sack you? Mr bossman can't be sacked?" The angry, buoyant South African called down my ear. I knew who it was as soon as I heard him.

"And what does bossman mean? Who is calling!? Monday, Monday, Monday of course!" He added. I slowed up and had some receptionist quickly help me put all my possessions down on a table so I could properly talk to Mr Monde Magadla.

"Your number came up as unknown, Monday!" I laughed back, trying to dodge the Newcastle United talk. Which wasn't too possible.

"Oh, new phone! Save my number bossman, now quickly."

"I can't save it while we are calling, Monde." I replied as he calmed down, waiting. There was a silence. Then the line went dead. He had really just hung up to ensure I saved his number!

7a9375ff695d0d57a1ea135a7e2d097d.png

Struggling to fully get into the save, but i's simply the start of season blues! I am busy tomorrow night but should have a few updates for Friday and this weekend!

Struggling to fully get into the save, but i's simply the start of season blues! I am busy tomorrow night but should have a few updates for Friday and this weekend!

Perhaps a zany South African *** man would know a cure for the early season blues?