b1ac710d0779ba0996d925c7a41f05ca.png

2 away draws and a good home win - thats solid as far as I am concerned! Man U are always going to be tough.

I've had an excellent Newcastle campaign recently, Cabella and Krul were vital for that as well as Lucas Silva who I somehow managed to ****** away from Real Madrid.
The team has great potential though.

536fe1c7ef8dbd3fb7732626787adc76.png

Turning into a calculated struggle to hold on to the support of the dressing room, even if some results are going our way as we cling on to European hopes. A desperate cling to say the least. After the United 3-0 defeat, which we were almost decent in, we had struggling Everton at St James' Park. Fans were unbelievable in their support for myself after reports in the media that the top dogs were losing patience in me, the players also managed to respond to the noise of the Toon Army.

440f774c27e1f286a7133e0ca7e79128.png

Two for both Cabella and Holloway. 20 year old Holloway has actually been really solid, while Cabella has also turned into an unbelievable asset for myself and the club. Unfortunately w are getting hit with injuries across the board and those in wide positions are off to the physios room and its a bit of a struggle. Zidane is back soon but Cabella hurt himself in training and will be away for just over 2 months. Nightmare, he will still be asked to the changing room before and around games due to his desperation for the club to succeed and his support in myself.

The Emirates Stadium awaited our injury-struck side which saw Cerutti then pick up a nasty knock. We were generally quite poor in every aspect and this allowed Arsenal to walk away with a comfortable victory despite being poor themselves.

864cc81ad24a85e3f29c04c140f9fac1.png

f7e7494c138bfe669a0bbb10c0eea0c9.png

Talk was again rife that the Newcastle United hierachy are losing their patience with myself, poor performances and a few disappointed players. I never heard anything official from them but Flavio did expect results to pick up as he said I was definitely under performing. Maybe we were but I shouldn't even have a firing hanging over my head unless we had dropped off where we were when I came in. It was clear that we didn't have a squad to compete until I was given a few pennies.

Zidane returned as we had QPR at home, Oliver Nitcham came in for the first time in almost a month to play wide on the right due to the dwindling numbers of players fit. He managed to play very well. It was a very quiet game, QPR took the lead through Itturaspe after half an hour and thankfully we managed to find our first before half time through Nitcham who stretched to poke the ball passed a defender and keeper from a tough angle. Wilshere and Garbutt had to be replaced through injury and Zidane was struggling and was replaced by 16 year old Danvers.. who scored a late winner! He keeps writing headlines.

03dcc1f324b55ab789fcd0354bb88b08.png

Important win, players rallied and fans were loud. Game was awful and slow though, few good bits of individual play.

d5c5c5908d844d91a87b0b7e2d1fbdba.png

Looking much better, pulled away from a potential relegation battle and penultimate sacking. Instead, with ten games to go we find ourselves 7 points of a top 7 and Europa League qualification spot. Possible but we have to really play and get our players back.

c9f889894ae8aef81bfd2291e8afe0fb.png

c0dae13b4041a805a27ecb0c6efbd725.png

f678caef5a7b9becab564e1904b9dd3e.png

Board finally stick there oar in.

"Thanks for coming in, Mr Mckenzie!" Anibal said getting to his feet and welcoming me at the door. He had disappeared to his Monaco home after the media attention towards the board finally died down, leaving everything to managing director Flavio, who also was rarely in Newcastle.

"Of course, no bother. What exactly is the issue?" I naively asked, looking up as I didn't immediately take a seat. Just stood behind it, tapping my fingers on the top of it. Almost nervous. No, not almost nervous. I was nervous, I thought I would be fine but Flavio was intimidating and he was staring me down with Gonzales on his shoulder.

"What's the issue?" Flavio said, laughing sarcastically. He just threw a few local and national papers across the desk, this really showed me the lack of knowledge he had of the situation. He hadn't heard anything from someone at the club but instead the press. I looked up, confused, even more.

"Sorry, am I hear over a few slander stories? We are on the up, players are feeling a little down over a lack of playing time here and there, nevermind the injuries - oh, you didn't know? Yeah, we have a stupid amount of injures." I was all of a sudden, red and angry. And now I was, I was called in because they read a paper about the struggling Newcastle United from Brazil or Monaco. Gonzales and Flavio glanced at each other, Gonzales awkwardly shrugged and Anibal sat there looking at a loss expecting Flavio to say something. I had the idea that Anibal was the man who generated the cash while Flavio maybe controlled a lot of aspects of his working ways.

"Uh, Meester McKenzie. Thank for time." Gonzales rose, nervously speaking English. Flavio looked over to him and got up too. Followed by Anibal.

"Yeah, thanks Mr McKenzie. We look forward to a happier Newcastle United." Anibal added. Looking towards Flavio and Gonzales for reassurance.

"Do as you are expected, please." Flavio said as he walked towards the door to see me out.

Nervy affair.

Our next 2 games were both dubbed 'El Sackico's' as I came up against struggling Swansea and then a Southampton side suffering a poor run of form that saw them drop away from Champions League qualification. Swansea, in Wales, was the first up. It was an incredibly tight game, no team wanted to lose and we started to go for it a little too late. We didn't manage to score, but neither did they - while I wanted the win; Swansea and ourselves received our critics for playing for a safe point.

903b3142ea85aac9f1a0f32215f24dbc.png

No one stood out in the poor affair, Zidane didn't score again but had no real chances while Mehmedi did have some chances as he failed to score again from a wide position. Nitcham picked up a tough knock to further the depletion of wide players in our side. We coped without the injured Wilshere too.

We then had to travel to Southampton, I was a little more worried here as they were a team capable of inflicting damage through their creative forces - Jack Cork, JWP and even Mane. This game was even tighter, there was 4 shots on goal in the first half. One of which did manage to beat Tim Krul at his near post unfortunately. Thankfully the other goal of the game came through a beautiful goal from Michael Bradley. A deep cross from Luke Garbutt was headed clear just to fall to a Michael Bradley who was 25 yards away - Goaaaaal!

ee0f02f99bcf7f4a895e084786e661ee.png

Boring, again. No Zidane goal again.

/

614379264b902d8aefb441a4e97c748f.png

"Boss.. A few of the lads.." James Collins said as he entered my office. Followed by 8 or 9 players in their Newcastle United tracksuits. He was cut short by them entering directly behind him.

"Yeah, gaffer. A few of the lads don't like your managing and think it's having a detrimental effect on our league standings.." Michael Bradley spoke with his thick American accent as he leaned over the chair in front me. I stood up smiling, having a quick glance around. Michael Bradley, the Nigerian lad, Cerutti, Van Rhijn to say a few.

"Thanks for coming, means a lot that you favoured a chat with me rather than the press. I'll be honest we have not been good across but remember I don't actually play the football. I can only be seen as part of the issue. We can do this together, you know?" I said, crossing my arms and looking around. Michael Bradley nodded and glanced around too.

"Yeah, boss is right here lads. Makes sense, if we all played to the best of our abilities we'd be doing better." Garbutt said as he emerged from the back, Cerutti, Bradley and Van Rhijn all openly agree'd as they apologised and made way for the door before Caner Ekin complained about the tactics, stating I refused to change to keep everyone at their best,,

Tough times mate, holding onto that dressing room is going to be a herculean task!

On a side note, I have never seen a match referred to as "El Sackico" like how the game throws that kind of stuff out now & then.

Tough times mate, holding onto that dressing room is going to be a herculean task!

On a side note, I have never seen a match referred to as "El Sackico" like how the game throws that kind of stuff out now & then.

It is incredibly tough, but what can I expect as a manager who has never been in the game at a top level and never got close to seeing the money these guys have?!

I know, love when you feel the game may becoming stale then you get two El Sackico's in a row?! Never seen it before then 2 games came in a row. Was so cool and made me actually read that piece!

Oooooh, 50 pages. Never hit 10 pages in a story nevermind 50. Enjoying it thus far and hope anyone who follows does too!

Merci beaucoup!

Fantastic amount of effort you have put in so far! I hope my new Bournemouth story can be half as good as this!

Oooooh, 50 pages. Never hit 10 pages in a story nevermind 50. Enjoying it thus far and hope anyone who follows does too!

Merci beaucoup!

I was enjoying it till you joined this lot ;)

Only joking mate, you're writing skills are that good that I don't even mind the fact you are dragging them up the table! Keep up the good work.

I've seen it once before, can't remember which teams it was though.

Looking to sell Caner Erkin ASAP then Mr Scotland?

I was enjoying it till you joined this lot ;)

Only joking mate, you're writing skills are that good that I don't even mind the fact you are dragging them up the table! Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot, buddy! Just wait until I take them to domestic and European glory.. if only!

I've seen it once before, can't remember which teams it was though.

Looking to sell Caner Erkin ASAP then Mr Scotland?

Caner Erkin will probably be shown the door otherwise a few more headlines and I am sure Flavio will want to show me the door!

fd9a44a09f78df856c014275ac01343c.png

We had come off the back of 2 draws in what seemed to be a contract gauntlet and if I was to fall at a hurdle my contract would to be terminated, I was walking on egg shells with some of the players. Steeve Yago was on his way out, while Winston Reid and now Caner Ekin were training with the Under 18 squad - Caner Ekin in return went to social media to complain and subsequently received a tirade of abuse from Newcastle United fans for his lack of heart for the club.

Anyway, Michael Carrick and his Leeds United awaited. They were setting up for a European adventure once again and were after a few results to keep them in contention. The side had almost started to pick itself. Krul would be in goals obviously, with Van Rhijn, Marian Sarr, Efe Ambrose and now Nicolai Boileson across the back. They'd usually be protected by Anita or Colback, with Wilshere and Bradley in the middle. However, with an injured Wilshere both Anita and Colback featured. Cerutti was wide right and Garbutt was on the opposite flank - Zidane held his spot up top.

5a85ea06666284fa1efbe516a3761282.png

And a huge win! Two goals early in each half gave us the win in an otherwise poor game, we are regulars of the last spot on Match of the Day! Solid defensive display. Michael Bradley was poor and.. AND missed a penalty and he didn't just miss, it was literally the worst penalty I have ever seen. It was high, wide and all the rest! Zidane worked well to force a keeper mistake from Leeds. Nice win.

We'd travel away to Huddersfield next, I saw it as another chance to win with a very similar squad as they lie 20th however, Nitcham came in for Cerutti. It was another dreadfully boring affair, we had a few decent chances but the Huddersfield keeper put in a solid display - Zidane can't find the net again.

c0f3dcc4b6eccf4254c167550954554a.png

Wilshere also returned, decent performances at the back for both sides. Disappointing, 3 points could have been big but it's just another draw as we go 5 without a loss however it is 3 draws. Almost.

Villa was next, similar position to ourselves as we both claw away for a better final position. No changes as Michael Bradley is still missing with injury. This game certainly had chances, Villa hit the woodwork almost 5 times while forcing Tim Krul into making some saves while we struggled to get forward as Zidane had another poor game. We weren't able to keep Villa out till the end though when a great run across goal ended in a nice finish from Clough.

b4303be991fb3e11b3c2c04680c3c3d9.png

Disappointing, I had words with Zidane after the game. He has to start finding the net, he won't start just because he has a hefty price tag. A youth prospect can easily try fill the shoes that are looking a few sizes too big.

Manchester City were next, Michael Bradley returned. We were looking good, a Van Rhijn throw in found Zidane who with one touch had a lot of space. He drilled it across goal to find Boileson who had an easy finish. We held well and had the lead at half time. With 15 to go, we still held a 1-0 lead but pressure began to mount and I opted to park the bus but I clearly left the handbrake on as 2 late goals saw us lose 2-1. Perez strikes again.

0f3f675a8d2089b08ee89f9c80be9fab.png

9e0dbe9c9bc23e438afafc96fef641b1.png

Gutting! It's what I get for inviting the pressure.

07364951ea986164b7ec71098ecb2e1a.png

Looks like we are destined for 12th. I'd love to hit 50 points but I can't see it, just need to keep respectable because the sack could be looming..

a0b0240896ca8501015ba4ccea6e612f.png

LIVERPOOL are needing 3 points at St James' Park on Wednesday to keep up with Jose Mourinho's league leaders Chelsea, while media outlets are ousting that anything like the Anfield result could spell the end for James McKenzie. (Sky Sports)

ce9bb3f7efac25e12bceec40f38b0887.png

-

Liverpool need a win to keep up with the Premier League title race. Tottenham will continue to look for Europa League football, while fellow London-based club West Ham United hunt Champions League football for the first time in a long time, if ever while Blackburn could easy be fighting for safety on the final day. We have a say in so much.

7da142aa9f2296959023c94829d3e16d.png

Manchester United beat Chelsea to bring them into the title race, however it is seen as too little too late with Liverpool having 2 games in hand.

4aac766b35ddd3706485ba7d355e83d9.png

1dbfbda33a4c178efbddd2375ed459af.png

Liverpool face Newcastle United on Wednesday and a win brings them 2 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. Liverpool will be on a high after a 6-2 win over Arsenal in the FA Cup Semi Final.

(BBC Sport)