Mate good start at Shamrock. Hope you can takeout the All Ireland Cup!!

Would love to, can't believe the 4-4 thriller landed on my in-game birthday too just to add to how big that tie was! Gonna be playing the All-Ireland cup super soon, excited!

What may be the biggest game thus far for us we faced up to Galway United, themselves and Dundalk remain undefeated this season and are almost, just almost pulling themselves away from us. This game was a game we could not lose, we would end up finding ourselves EIGHT points behind the top 2 sides and that would be tough to claw back from as they both look unstoppable - Even with 20 games still to go. It's already looking tough.

And the game was so tight and even.

54519824187f91b12da88ef06e1bb693.png

It was a mixture of us and them attempting to grab a goal and get a bit creative while we would then drop a let the game play in the middle of the park.

8b36b1f1414e47507e5e22029084e9da.png

We did take the lead but an injured Fahey came off and Galway really pushed in the second half, a well-work free kick found them on level terms before they found themselves in the driving seat. Left back Kavanagh was the savior as he found himself in the right place to drill a shot past the keeper from 6 yards after a scrap in the box. We could have found ourselves up 3-2 however, Hanrahan couldn't produce the goods like he has so far this season - he capitalised on a defensive blunder but ballooned the bar over the bar. Gutting.

17e2ec48aae38d88dd73a23cb40d7a78.png

We are now a third of the way through the season, Dundalk and Galway are both without a loss thus far while Sligo join us with only the 1 loss. We cannot slip up anywhere if I still want a shot at the Irish Championship.

We have a short break from the league as we set up for a League Cup tie against mid-table Longford and then the shot at silverware in the All-Ireland Cup, a competition I have not taken lightly this season.

fd85c9b99042e80dc06922d703b9d4ba.png

With us making progress through the season, it would only be right for me to pick out a few very important players for us to date!

70e7daf8df4dd0cf720044714d163247.png

2676047961c3c39aa989064a5019abdf.png

19 year old Ben Hanrahan has been a real wildcard, dark horse.. pleasant surprise - whatever you will! - this season with his performances and has stood up to competition and has been great while our big target man Ikpeazu has been out. Some real star strikes and performances. 13 goals in as many starts is not a bad opening third - English sides must be looking at the Young Irishman who is still to leave Shamrock Rovers.

a02d41e195458467712bab9da9100e50.png

681fd3bd01e75d1b70483e66edafc174.png

Both keepers have been decent and played their fair share of games but ex-Wolves player was our #1 for the league and has made the team of the week several times now and continues to perform well for us in between the sticks. Again, would be a surprise if an English club did not look to bring him back across the sea.

Overall, there's been many big performances. Another worthy mention goes out to Mr Kavanagh.

f77f2bd79696ca11c69d841de27d11be.png

e75c1b846acc1e5a6a5c56df5a2280c6.png

The man who is only just legal to drink has been a very good little player this year. He's solid at the back with a number of big performances. Height, like his other left back buddy - Treacy - has mean that a route one ball goes over his head a little too much but happy nonetheless and as aforementioned I assume an English club will come knocking if he keeps up such performances.

Just caught up with this mate. Nice start to your Shamrock career - just one loss in 11 games, pretty good!

All-Ireland Cup

It was the All-Irish Cup final and it was a competition fans treasure and I have taken very seriously. It gives me my first final, my first chance at silverware, a thank you to the fans, the first real silverware in Ireland and to bring some success back to Shamrock Rovers.

We had a few set backs before our tie at the Aviva Stadium.

122f2091de9ba06bc647b459dc09e8b4.png

Key man, Keith Fahey, would be out. Potential replacement Cregg has food poisoning. We are also missing key man Hanrahan and kid Kavanagh who are away with the Irish Youth Squad.

We have failed to beat Dundalk in our last five meetings while they have lost one tie all season - with a 6 winning streak going into the tie. Leading the league.

But we were still ready!

4460819678e5bf88c75755ea34d89b35.png

My first cup final.

8dc514bbd3172653900ba4e485776efa.png

I was immediately hit with Dundalk's decision to NOT play a 4-4-2. Meaning their strength may be too much for my midfield with their 4-2-3-1

54d61a5f4d9ba54107a824763033db12.png

But still, I had every confidence in my team. Easily drop Drennan deeper if things are tough from the get-go. Some big misses in my side though.

"Today is YOUR day lads, it's an extra medal for you. A little more money in your wallets - whatever you want it to be and you can take it. I have every faith in you to come back in here in 90 minutes knowing you tried your absolute hardest - whether we lose or take the cup home with us. Dundalk are strong but we can be stronger! Camoooooon!"

Live on ESPN and BBC Alba, the lads were more than ready for the glamorous tie.

Dundalk took the lead within 15 minutes. Bitter blow after a poorly defended cross.

Despite altering the tactics Dundalk continued to look decent and with their second real chance of the game Horgan grabbed a goal from a stupid angle. Poor keeping.

The first half was so cagey and as we knocked it about on the edge of their box we won a free kick. McCabe stepped up, it came off the ball. Fell back to him, he feinted a shot and knocked it to Brennan.. Goal! Keepers positioning was dreadful. We trailed by 1.

Half time.

"It's simple boys. They have taken their chances, half ones. But they took them. Well done for getting us back in with a shout, now let's go take this final! I need to see us doing something else. Passion lads. Show it!"

Too many players were shying away from the occasion. Kaikai.. Agus..

AND THEN THEY JUST GO AN LINK UP - AS SOON AS THE THOUGHT GOES THROUGH MY HEAD!

Kaikai finds space wide, cuts inside and lays it off for Agus who grabs his 8th or something of the competition.

2-2!

Where's my defenders? Murphy found himself free in the box but OUR Murphy makes a huge safe with 30 to go! Quiet game and honestly expected them to take that chance.

Treacy and Maguire come on, Treacy to replace tiring legs at the back while Maguire is here to add something just behind Agus. Immediate impacts at Tracy ACTUALLY wins a header, plays a pass and Maguire plays McCabe through who forces a massive save with 15 to go.

Score remains.

And then heartbreak strikes. Brennan lost the ball in the middle of the park, the play goes wide a cross comes in and it comes of Maddens head - hits our post and Lynch was there. 1 minute to go.

3-2 Dundalk.

They scored another as we don't know what to do with the ****** ball in the dying minute of a football match when we need a goal. Players lingered before playing a dreadful pass across the midfield.

Shocking final half hour.

Unlucky mate! You likely would have had them if not for the injuries...

Unlucky on cup final mate!! Gutted Monday turned down the job!

Was gutted we couldn't have picked up the win, would have loved silverware. I am too, do need a 19s boss!

Tough luck in the Cup final

Kavanagh looks like a real talent though!

And what ploy is this?

No real ploy, but have a tendency to score straight from kick off a fair bit - may be down to the touchline instructions - clear to flanks, fast, pump ball into box. Something I try from time to time to try shackle opponents.

Unlucky mate! You likely would have had them if not for the injuries...

I know, international duty meant I was missing my 14 in 14 striker and injury meant no Keith Fahey or his straight replacement!

Inconsistency is going to cost us the title this year. And we had already lost the All-Ireland Cup and poor league results against poor teams away from home was certainly about to cost us the title.

9500441eae3c0436a04ae76d2ef82cc9.png

5c6ef156ad273829042ab3c8a1ff1f7a.png

Despite a tactical tweak for away ties we couldn't find the net against Derry City, we had drawn to Cork the game prior to this missing out on a massive 5 points.

fd7ba3a00d7d50dc54a39d61f9c9f16c.png

9 points is a lot of points, we have just under 20 games to go and need to stop throwing games as it will certainly cost us our top spot and a shot in the Champions League - the one thing that would absolutely guarantee me signing a new deal if the Hoops wanted me. I mean I would probably stay if any European football beckoned, and I believe that requires a top 3 finish. But an Irish Premiership title win is still the goal.

a3e64b937e1f915282e10fb7aef65605.png

Now to be totally fair I felt we were doing poor anyway.

198fc80cba69219725bdc0fba24dad25.png

Our Summer break arrived and the players certainly needed it after crazy congestion left them all a little stiff. We played a few games to keep players alive and also got the go ahead from the board to invite sides to a Hoops Invitational, excellent day for the fans and a good opportunity for the players. We invited League Leaders Dundalk, Red Bull Salzburg's Under 19s and Slavia Prague.

1269f13ad93d628fd21c22756ccbbc5f.png

We picked up the win, not that it truly matters but was nice to beat both Slavia Prague and Dundalk.

However, onto more pressing matters we returned to league action having to brace for a tough run that could end up deciding the league title - well, if we were to have any shot at it anyway!

Firstly we had Longford, then we had a tough trip to St Pats Athletic, then Cobh Ramblers before we would meet Galway United, Dundalk and Sligo Rovers.

Longford was a game we needed the 3 points from before hopefully sneaking AT LEAST 7 POINTS from the big 3 - basically no losses.

Loanee Glenn -

0239584a52474c1fc90453a4df0b9d6b.png

Here's Glen Agus, very solid player with what he has done for us, however finishing and composure means he has missed so so so so so so so many sitters.

e45886c72efacc3639eb00780bda3893.png

HAD A 5-5 HERE BEFORE, CLASSIC - BUT GAME CRASHED SO WILL RETURN WITH NEW RESULTS IN NEXT POST.

Last edited:
Our post-Summer break run in started off at home to struggling Longford. We were quite rightly aiming for 3 points as we continue to try and push Dundalk.

de3968c3a51cbbaab676143e48a4abd6.png

We really took out chances and had no real problems as Glenn put in the performance of the Agus.. ;).

0ee5a42f1a1c81979904ca5252d682c2.png

98c923f5d5fd7a05958d576720a77346.png

The game was relatively close on paper and no way should we have won 5-1 as we had 6 shots on target, only ONE of them didn't end in the back of the net. Longford never really worried us though, their goal was a lapse in concentration from Flatt and besides that we saw strong performances from Madden and Memery.

Our next tie would see us come up against a now-struggling St Pats Athletic. They had a few losses under their belt and had fallen by the wayside. We would be travelling but I would still be after three points due to the importance of this run.

Prior to the game some of our financial issues were really beginning to hit us. I spent a day with agents and players talking about contracts, this meant losing a few players due to demands and even worse it looked like I'd have all but 2 of my staff members leaving due to their demands after a decent season thus far.

91e819eae0666ba8bed3af1c5ed07e49.png

773bead416c03a69a499fed5dd9a31e3.png

It was anything but pretty but good to see the board seeing how we are standing. May make my job incredibly tough at the seasons end - if I get a new contract or even sign one.

But anyone we had to focus on the game, we didn't make any major changes and were favourites despite the off-field issues.

0e1d97df0fb99632ca8167a38665fc9e.png

Well, then. Simon Madden our captain and head on the pitch cost us. Big time. I wouldn't have said it was a red but to be fair he deserved to go off for the stupidity of giving away a penalty when Fagan had his back to goal out wide. We almost fought for it but Fagan scored before half time. Drennan did find himself through late on and scored however an incredibly late, and poor call from the linesman resulted in it being disallowed.

e496103151082ebefe2e3912363e13af.png

We would be facing Cobh Ramblers. It was a must win and we really should have been winning but with players getting sent off stupidly who knows what may happen! It was also another away tie where we had only won 1 in the last 5.

Prior to the game we had the draw for the Senior Irish Challenge Cup and despite semi-pro sides and basically amateur sides being in the draw we got..

491fde6de7049d554ed3995fc8949d29.png

Nice one, to be the best I guess you gotta beat the current best!

Anyway, we had the game with the Ole Cobh to think about. Three points was needed as Dundalk may just hold us off, Sligo were looking solid again too.

We were without Madden through suspension so I handed a debut to Heaney. It was a risk as he hadn't played but he had height and a head - one thing that was causing us great amounts of issues with over the top balls.

The game went to plan, with some solid performances.

6eae2f175c46bb4d1abdab0ce8538c08.png

Despite going down early, Kaikai and Agus linked for two goals bringing us back into the tie and then the lead. I warned them of complacency and this brought us two goals, Hanrahan scoring again and substitute Drennan finding himself on the scoreboard.

509850da55adca53e8c827f6a1074a2f.png

3e31af844991a6344c3f4656ace43d84.png

We were the better side and Kaikai put in a very solid performance.

63369c1656e78c28b692a5907b3f8b44.png

We were now to set up for the big three. Galway had fallen off the pace a little but had games in hand, we would play them away before hosting Dundalk and Sligo Rovers. Aiming for 7 points.

0b47ad36bcd588bafc8e9f72f6000ea6.png

f72130d7680cab9d4107e495df82ea8a.png

ef19f9e142122094a45f90408f659a25.png

Big games always have some significance! Whether it was the 4-4 v Sligo Rovers on my birthday or now my 100th game as we set up for Galway United. Surely a true spectacle is on our hands? I better come out on top!

It would definitely be a tough tie but we could come out with something, despite our away form. Our team remained very similar, Madden returned and Memery went to left back as Kavanagh comes off, in need of a rest.

And it was a disaster. We misjudged the tie. And we were the worst I'd seen since Aberdeen's Under 15s. They were better actually.

c0f1b7c6961ba35eea7c5b9f42f28aab.png

7150b07897b70daa2cf2d49c452d082c.png

This loss in my mind completely confirms that we will not be winning the league this season. Absolutely gutted but it may also be what confirms me looking elsewhere. Not sure if I want to remain at the end of the season due to the stupid winter break when all I would return to would be a financial mess and a Europa League qualifier.

Up next would be league leaders Dundalk, we'd met them in the All-Ireland final and were beat late on. We'd need to be at our very best to get something from the game, especially three points. And only three points would give us a true outside hope of a top one finish.

Wow. Interesting game, we looked really strong and had the best chances.

2c06e5de637ae066107ab7deadf6ecc0.png

Kaikai made up for a poor game against Galway United and Agus found himself on the scoresheet once again. Evan McMillan grabbed himself two that had us really scared. The first was just a nice finish however, Dennehly gave him the second - and the equaliser - as his clearance came off the pursuing McMillan. Thankfully, we did get a controversial penalty in the 87th minute and Kaikai finished.

e3fa60ab1477afe274ead41a7c99e43b.png

eb698512f08bf841649a9c55aa53b6a4.png

The result would mean we'd go to a 7 point difference, but they do have a game in hand. Three points are required against Sligo Rovers.

The Sligo game had to be a win and there is literally nothing to say but CHOKE and COLLAPSE.

5f51b4c45bdf52124b45945b2af3c63e.png

TWO ****** TWO WITH 20 TO GO?! HOW?

bed6803aa13e6d5e9081b9505858ef9d.png

A win would have kept us going. Going to be tough now.

After our drubbing at home to Sligo it looked like the league title was a little out of our reach with 11 games to we were 7 down with the top 2 having games in hand. However, we could still push them to the line and that had to start with a win in our third home tie in a row against Derry City.

550383d4075ecf62a834ee3335b6d1ea.png

Thankfully we did manage a win, a nice strike from Fahey from the edge of the box against the run of play startled Derry as we took the lead. Despite us struggling to get going we kept Derry out and Kaikai grabbed himself another goal from the spot.

57d9da1e94f8b0a37776e947f86ed6c2.png

We had Limerick FC up next in the League Cup. Cup competitions as a whole in Ireland didn't matter to the outside world but to me the League Cup was certainly the one that meant little. The All-Ireland Cup and Senior Challenge Cup had something about it. Good opportunity for a few fringe players and a morale booster as we try to comeback from our 8-2 smashing at home.

Oh, it is the Semi Final apparently too. I made a good few changes, great opportunity to give a few players a game while getting to see how they fair. Could be risky as I play a completely new back four.

a9ef6444e7502a8f5f1b25e8b3707157.png

We went 2-0 down however Hanrahan and Agus allowed us back into the tie before half time. Cregg grabbed his first of the season while Kaikai came on to make a real difference with 2 goals of his own, one from 12 yards and another from 25 with a screamer of a free kick. Hanrahan sneaked his 24th of the season too after Ikpeazu held off a defender and found the ball through for young Ben.

We would face St. Pats Athletic in the final at Dundalk's ground.

We would return to league action to face Shelbourne, currently bottom and in a real dogfight for survival. We haven't lost to them in at least 5 games and they are struggling. It should be 3 points for sure.

Team would return to it's strongest.

735374f5b4d8ad9107a5c0d3319813f8.png

Or not apparently. ******* wow.

f82bc09c58f6885956a24dbf9a910d8b.png

After losing to Shelbourne, somehow we would be up against rivals Bohemians as now we just play for points and to maintain our spot in the Europa League, absolutely abysmal effort and spirit from the lads.

Clawing back ten points in ten games is not going to be possible - especially since I would rely on TWO teams messing up. This was suppose to be an easier run where I could hopefully gain some ground but it isn't to be.

Bit of a blow as our 24 in 29 striker is out for a wee bit.

814ce42e7aca3fd208b44c97000fab4d.png

Means we have to work with Ikpeazu, which is fine but the guy struggles with the fixture congestion and has bones made out of glass. Very thin and weak and almost non-existent glass.

No more games in hand for anyone either now.

1066033f40b400d17c4385f2dbded303.png

9 to go.

Bohemians would be no pushovers. Quite like Shelbourne, as they both fight for safety - and Bohemians are in a safer position. We'd be without Agus too. Right winger Drennan too.

e39b7033d41a6d8994ed6420c1d9e7c9.png

We grabbed a win against rivals Bohemians. Ikpeazu came off injured at half time and we relied on another 25 yard strike from Mr Keith Fahey to give us the win. I'll take it.

9bf12adf446cbc649c29910e8f96f4eb.png

d5b906ef0e3ba011672e5d1c2a3df47b.png

What a shocking game of football. Sligo Rovers also lost as Dundalk won meaning Dundalk take a 6 point lead at the top as we are also five adrift of Sligo Rovers themselves. Dundalk deserve the title, been top forever!

Cork City would be next and they have very little to play for. Cregg would return to the midfield while Ikpeazu drops to the bench due to a slow recovery and Maguire takes his place as he battles back from an injury of his own.

2849f57d44c2e0f1ce3c9c5feb2aac8c.png

Quiet opening half, with a penalty giving us a lead. Maguire grabbed his first since returning to widen the gap before Cork City pulled one back and then another in the 90th minute but it was called offside as Hanrahan went to the other side top retain the 2 goal gap.

cbe886ea7ae6ed9d1d0cf10dd362ac64.png

4d0672fdca781c3a6700124b10afee35.png

Close tie, thankfully we found ourselves on the other side of the 3 points as we look to hold our Europa League spot and continue to push the top 2, not that they are having to look over their shoulders anyway.

Or do they?

c08c09ca1ec1952d6703cf22a4c91069.png

9 points behind first with 7 games. That's a total of 21 points, honestly doubt I can make first but at least I've made progress on the team from last year, with at least 2 finals, hopefully a European spot and still the Senior Challenge Cup to think about. Be an interesting final couple of months to close out the season. Would love to win the 2 cups, despite my lack of a care for the League Cup. And I mean, Dundalk and Sligo Rovers both have to play me once.. I win those and they drop points elsewhere.. Who knows? Miracles have happened before for me over in South Africa.

We'd take a small break from league affairs once again as we set up for our Senior Challenge Cup tie against Dundalk, we were at home but this was Dundalk, who had been so good and consistent all season. We were still without Drennan and Agus.

I'd love to win the cup but Dundalk would not be an easy task. A first half barrage from Dundalk saw us whimpering and really struggling.

a27977336d9a9b9d0afc977263c86bbe.png

It wasn't good enough, we were completely lost then a strike from the edge of the box from Cawley left us wobbling before more and more shots flooded in and Holden grabbed two from crosses and Cawley scored another, this time a free kick - after it bounced back off the wall he hit it again. 4-0 at the break.

17dbbb079ee98d3a5ecf06bf1ea87cf0.png

After some stern words at half time we quietened Dundalk, had a few more efforts of our own and Maguire added another to his seasons tally not long before the end of the tie.

Now all we had to think about was 9 league games and a League Cup final. Our first stop would be up against 12th place UCD who are currently managerless and in a tricky situation, however, don't let that fool you - I said the same about Shelbourne in a huge game that we ended up losing and ultimately dropping us out the title race.

Prior to the game the monthly update from the board came through, they talked a little bit about changes to fans thoughts and their thoughts on myself - which was all fine bar the Dundalk and Sligo 8-2 results. However, like most months they talked about financial issues and this month for the first month resulted in a discussion about how we'd really make money back - rather than chairman injections or just a little change here and there to help cashflow problems. But it looks like our players may be the next to fix the issues.

1105ef38ad3101b54a354d9cd0842f01.png

And the players at the club worth anything? Hanrahan, Kavanagh, Madden, Flatt. Key players that have a good future ahead of them and Madden, our captain, hitting his peak. No talk of a new contract for me either, a cheaper option on the cards? I am pretty cheap with my lack of experience in the game anyway so surely not. I am the cheaper option.

Ikpeazu would join Drennan on the sidelines as they both return from injuries, while Agus would still be out. Maguire would start up top with Hanrahan.

3947ee4c5019471fd6c965eb9aa1b2b1.png

Professional job, both own goals were worked by us. Maguire should have been given one and the other was after a low drive across the box from Kaikai. Dundalk won also, clearing them of us by 9 points. Sligo Rovers lost, seemingly giving the title completely to Dundalk. They shouldn't throw it now but means I only really rely on one team to completely mess up for me to take top spot.. 6 games to go, 18 points, doubt Dundalk will drop 9 will we don't slip up.

fe91dc152bbfefb069a2356a0e527d1d.png

561fc147e4bad6c1d7317e512ba9f43e.png

Longford were up next for us in the league, they were 7th and had crawled away from the relegation scrap a while back and just had pride to play for. It would be an away tie which we weren't to great with but hopefully we could continue to pick up points. Dundalk would play in a cup tie before meeting us in the league. 6 points from this next 2 games would put a little bit of pressure on Dundalk..

We were dealt with some good news as Agus returns and should be fit ahead of the tie against Longford, Ikpeazu and Drennan should also both be set for a return.

1ee5a75d5a5d5622aa2e9030df245649.png

Along with this, it seems the board may have realised our cash flow issue was a real issue and we can't wait around to sell players.

541076c46bdc61b2f148ed3243a51f42.png

Still over half a million in the red. That's over £1,000,000 been injected this season and we have not got close to witnessing anything positive financially.

We would return to a full strength side for the Longford tie and as aforementioned it would put us 6 points behind Dundalk while we played them next.

6a65b9aabd1f29a11a878805f299d06b.png

Another professional job and a clean sheet. Fahey scored a worldie of a free kick and Agus finished well with a great performance to return with.

ca0cfaef79070798f9be25f1cf1ac907.png

e0191eeeab217e1668eaf5a5f3e694d1.png

Good performance from the 18 year old as he returns from his stint on the sidelines. Means our gap with Dundalk is closed to 6 despite their game in hand. We also play them next.

d9162747b3d7caf9099b0c0c17a03b06.png

3ea4bd3ce4bfe56c6f17b77e58651c36.png

Mate Dundalk look like they are a challenge!! Good luck for your remaining games this season!

The game against Dundalk was huge, for both of us. If we won, we'd still be in with a shot despite them having a strong advantage still and if they won it would all but guarantee the League of Ireland title for them.

Agus was struggling with fitness so he was to start on the bench, Ikpeazu would come in. Fahey and Cregg would remain the midfield with Madden and on-form Dennehly at the back. Kavanagh also returns after a game on the bench to rest.​

It was away and we had mad troubles on their synthetic ground when we played them earlier in the season, it would be a tough tie but we could do it. We had also scored 7 and conceded 0 in our last 2. But astroturf isn't super fun to play on, the ball moves like mad and while Dundalk had mastered a great passing football we had been playing a very direct form of football. Today we would try play their way.

Flatt was called into action early as a shot flew from 30 yards towards him, a few steps to the left meant it was safely captured, possession changed hands and we recycled possession. Giving Fahey space to find McCabe who worked his way around the edge of the box, he knocked it towards Hanrahan.. Kaikai.. Goal! 1-0 after 6 minutes.

Kaikai picked the ball up wide, cuts in to the midfield and picks out Fahey. Into the feet of the stocky Ikpeazu and he had the vision to find the inside run of McCabe... He was free in the box with acres of space - first time - GOAL! WHAT A START?! 2-0 15 MINUTES.

Instant responses are seemingly common, Dundalk would keep pressing. The pressure was on us here, we wanted to keep the title hunt going we had to win. They were in the driving seat whatever would happen. A free cross from Horgan was met with Maddens head, it came straight back out for Horgan and Kavanagh couldn't get out to him. A low driven cross found midfielder Timlin. 2-1.

Ikpeazu received it on the edge of the box, back to goal and defender.. who tumbled him over. Free kick. Fahey. Goal! 20 yards!! 3-1!! What a strike!

A Horgan corner gets header poorly back out wide. He drills another across the front post.. TIMLIN.. NO!? Post and clear by Madden. My heart couldn't take this! A 2 goal lead at half time could be massive. They had been all over us and I had no idea how we found ourselves in the lead.

Ikpeazu is sloppy and refused to release the ball, Dundalk win it back and Timlin now finds himself with space on the edge...Oh what a goal. 3-2. **** it.

Moutney at the front post. A HORGAN CROSS A-BEEPING-GAIN. 3-3 HALF TIME GOD DARN ITTTTTTTTT

Agus would replace a good-looking Ikpeazu at half time.

They were all over us. Nifty passing around our boss found McMillan in space. 4-3. There goes our shots at the title. How on Earth is Dundalk so good?

More of the same found Horgan free at the back post and so on.

We lost. We had such a good chance? We took the lead, we had a TWO GOAL ADVANTAGE? HOW ON EARTH DO WE KEEP THROWING GAMES AND HAVE AWFUL SECOND HALFS?

A Kaikai penalty found us 5-4 down and then sub Drennan missed a sitter moments later. 15 to go.

Timlin received a second yellow, ten to go. 2 goals needed. Hanrahan missed a very good opportunity from the subsequent free kick. However, the keepers goal kick landed at Cornwall's feet and his long ball was missed by the central defender, Agus was through.. GOAL 5-5? COULD WE?

Wasn't to be! Through Dennehy up top late on as a heading option but his only shot was a poor header from an offside position. What a choke! We had that..

18b43f50c89e8ccad23718d48f8b2705.png

1397a90773c7ee1768c73705c69fa7d4.png

af13a3a07a0b732e6be80a3743262c31.png