Road To The World Cup: A 6 Tier Challenge

Just curious, is every game a local rival match? As they are all from the same city...

View attachment 148796

May 2016

View attachment 148795
View attachment 148794
View attachment 148793
View attachment 148792

Our scintillating domestic form continued as an unbeaten month takes us 7 points clear at the top of the table and into the Quarter Final of the Singapore Cup. However, I have recently learnt that this "Singapore" Cup includes a variety of Nations including; Vietnam, Myanmar and Thailand! So have no idea why it is labelled as the Singapore Cup! Either way we have been drawn against Thai side, Chonburi for the 2 legged Quarter Final.

View attachment 148790
View attachment 148791

Despite our success in the domestic leagues, I did make a bit of a c**k up in the Confederations Cup! After thinking we had all but secured a place in the next round, I fielded a weakened team, only to find that head to head results come into play before goal difference! We therefore lose 2nd place to Persebaya, who beat us 3-0 in the final match. The board weren't particularly happy at our early departure, but I can now solely focus on winning the league and the Singapore Cup.

The highlight of a quiet June, will be our 1st leg against Chonburi.

View attachment 148789

Keep it up! Never read about someone managing in singapore

Just curious, is every game a local rival match? As they are all from the same city...

Thanks man - The concept of managing in Singapore is pretty new to me as well, but think I struck gold with Tampines!

The only local rival that I have listed is "Tampines Rovers SC" although agree that you would have thought all teams would be local rivals! haha

View attachment 148624

June 2016

View attachment 148623
View attachment 148622

June was a pretty quiet month for us as we managed to remain unbeaten for another month on the domestic front. Warriors scored a late goal to deny us the victory, which just about keeps them still in the hunt, but with only 9 games remaining and an 8 point gap the title should really be ours, unless we really implode. We also managed to scrape a 1st leg win away to Chonburi in the Quarter Final of the Singapore Cup, giving us a big advantage going into the 2nd leg.

July sees us enter a mini break from the league as the Singapore League Cup begins, which is completed in just under 2 weeks. Should we make it to the final, I think we will have to play 5 games in the space of about 10-11 days. So is pretty full on, but gets the competition out the way without really impacting the other tournaments and will therefore be going all out for the win on it!

View attachment 148621

View attachment 148550

July

View attachment 148549
View attachment 148548
View attachment 148547

We have managed to progress to the Singapore Cup Semi-Finals, whilst opening up a 9 point gap at the top of the table as we look to complete Tier 1 of the challenge in my first full season as manager! The League Cup is now well under way and have managed to progress through to the Semi-Finals, after topping are group. Although the competition doesn't really matter, we are just 2 wins away from my first piece of managerial silverware!

View attachment 148546
View attachment 148545

We have the League Cup to contend with at the start of August, with the Final being played on the 6th if we manage to beat Niigata Unicorn. We then have the 2 legged Cup Semi Final against DPMM, before the League campaign resumes at the end of the month.

View attachment 148544

View attachment 148390

August

View attachment 148388
View attachment 148387

We managed to make it to the final of the League Cup, where we ultimately came up short of lifting the trophy. The trophy cabinet will have to remain empty for now, but will have another shot after getting revenge on DMPP in the Singapore Cup Semi-Finals. Our dominant league position remains in tac, sitting 6 points clear with a game in hand.

View attachment 148386
View attachment 148385

We will have to beat Home Utd in the final game of the season to lift the much sort after, Singapore Cup! We currently sit well above them in the table and will likely be favourites for the final.

View attachment 148384

With our focus back on the league, we will be looking for a solid month and move a step closer to that league title!

View attachment 148382

View attachment 147894

September

View attachment 147893
View attachment 147892

A terrible month has allowed Warriors to close the gap to just 3 points, although we do have a game in hand. Despite a run of bad games, we still only need 6 points from 12 to secure the title (unless some crazy results effect our superior goal difference).

The title may well be wrapped up by the time we play Warriors, but if not that is going to be a massive fixture!

View attachment 147891

Awesome idea, mate. When I saw your manager I cracked up really hard. :D Will be following! +

Awesome idea, mate. When I saw your manager I cracked up really hard. :D Will be following! +

Thanks man - Appreciate it :)

Haha I just made him max height and weight and put him in Samoan colours :D

View attachment 147874
October + November

View attachment 147872
View attachment 147871
View attachment 147870

Despite a dodgy September, we managed to finish the League in fine form, beating Warriors to the title by 6 points. I have managed to earn some silverware in my first full season, and have a chance to complete Tier 1 at the first time of asking with the Singapore Cup Final still to come.

View attachment 147869
View attachment 147868

The League success earned me a renewed contract, which I decided to accept. If i lose the cup final, this will enable me another shot next season with one of the strongest teams. I can also start applying for Tier 2 jobs whilst continuing to boost my reputation.

View attachment 147866
View attachment 147865

Our Korean striker, Lee Jin-Seuk picked up the Leagues top goalscorer, whilst i was awarded with the Manager of the Year Award. A brilliant debut season, which could only be topped off by a Cup final win...

View attachment 147785

Singapore Cup Final

View attachment 147784
View attachment 147783

We got off to a really good start in match, but really sat off in the second half allowing thme back int the game. Fortunately, we managed to hold them off and secure the domestic double, which completes Tier 1 at the first time of asking!

View attachment 147782
View attachment 147781

After just over 1 season with Tampines and only 2 trophies won, I have been entered into the Singapore Hall of Fame! I really didn't expect it to be as easy as that, but wont exactly be complaining.

I can now start applying for a Tier 2 jobs....

Well done on the HoF induction, look forward to seeing you move up to Tier 2! :)

View attachment 147637
Available Jobs

Following the completion of Tier 1, I immediately turned my attention to any available jobs currently floating around in Tier 2 (Ireland, Finland, Peru, South Africa, Australia and China).

In terms of vacant jobs, my best chance of success lies with SuperSport Utd, Shanghai Shenhua or possibly Cork City. All these teams were predicted to finish within the top 5 of their respected leagues and will have a good foundation of players. Cristal also look to be a decent side over in Peru, with the current manager looking on the verge of the sack.

View attachment 147635

My reputation has been bolstered up to 15% following a successful season with Tampines and now have a National C coaching licence to my name. However, will this be enough to land me a job with one of the 4 identified teams.....

View attachment 147636

View attachment 147493

Season Preview 2017

View attachment 147492
View attachment 147490

With no immediate success in landing a job at a Tier 2 side, my best bet is to crack on with the forthcoming season with Tampines and keep applying to various available jobs. We have again been tipped to win the League, and staying with Tampines is a great opportunity to win more silverware and boost my reputation.

View attachment 147489

I have decided to cut a whole bunch of players from the squad, who had no chance of achieving first team football. Unfortunately, I would have liked to keep Pennant, but he didn't want to stay and Wigan came in with a much more lucrative contract deal.

The only player of any real note to have been brought in is "Samal Saeed" who's attributes can be seen below. He is an Iraqi international with a lot of experience and should really help sure up our defence. As only a limited number of foreign players can be used, he will replace pennant in the squad.

View attachment 147488

We have been drawn against Malaysian Champions "Johor Darul Ta'zim" in our preliminary Champions League game. They are the favourites going into the match, but am hoping we can put up a good challenge.

View attachment 147487

The closest I have come to landing a Tier 2 job, was over in Peru. However, they could not afford the compensation fee to buy me out of my contract and the board were unwilling to let me leave. So will be sticking with Tampines for now.

View attachment 147491
View attachment 147486

View attachment 146513

Champions League

View attachment 146512
View attachment 146511
View attachment 146510

For the second consecutive year we managed to make it through to the playoffs of the Champions League, but were again defeated at the final hurdle. We were the lower seeded team in each of the 3 matches, which is why we had to play away each time, so reaching the playoffs was a pretty good achievement in my eyes, even though the board expected us to reach the group stages!

As a result of being knocked out of the Champions League, we enter the Confederations Group stage and will be looking to make it to the knockout stages this year.

View attachment 146509

View attachment 146463

February

View attachment 146462
View attachment 146461
View attachment 146460
View attachment 146459

Our title defence got off to a terrible start as we suffered a shock 2-0 defeat at home to Home Utd. Fortunately we managed to bounce back with a couple of wins to leave us in 5th place at the end of the month. We started our Confederations Cup campaign in much better form, notching up a 3-0 win Bank, to put us top of our group.

I have continued in my quest to land a Tier 2 job, and after numerous rejections, received a job interview from Chinese side, Chongqing Lifan. Unfortunately, this ended in similar fashion as I failed to land the job, but at least I made the interview process for the first time I guess...

View attachment 146458
View attachment 146456

Our schedule for March is looking pretty hectic with 7 games and after releasing a load of players at the end of last season, we are currently working with a very small squad. Hopefully fatigue wont be too much of an issue, although am going to be targeting Confederations Cup success this time around!

View attachment 146455