ROCHEYB'S CUSTOM LOGO CREATION Thread

Yo Dude, these badges are so cool, quite an impressive collection! I wonder if you can makes me some

Team Name: Glasgow Ultras
Colours: Blue, White, Black
Year Established: N/A
Badge shape: up to you
Features: could this have ultra fans with scottish flags and possibly flares and have a scottish theme, maybe bagpipe and drums in there somewhere

Team Name: Coventry Panthers
Colours: pink, sky blue, white
Badge shape: maybe circle
Features: feature an angry panther
Any other info: the words 'DENIED!' somewhere as a club motto

Team Name: Sagester
Colours: Grey, white, silver, black
Year Established : N/A
Badge shape : up to RocheyB
Features: i was think this should have an image/silhouette of a black ghospel choir singing i found a picture that show what i mean.
View attachment 331289
Any other info: the words 'search for the hero' as a motto. the team plays in a grey kit

MAKE TEAM LOGOS - IN 10 EASY STEPS!

Here's a quick and dirty guide to making football team logos, using the recent one for Inter Cardiff as the example. I use a programme called Paint Pro on my iMac but there are similar packages available for just a few quid on PC, too.

STEP 1 - (below, left) - Do an image search for "shield logo" or "shield illustration" and select a suitable shield shape for your logo, like this one. Save it as a .png file and size the canvas to a large square shape (mine here is 695x695px).

View attachment 331075 View attachment 331073

STEP 2 - (above, right) - Irrespective of whether the space around the shield is transparent or filled with white or some other colour, use the fill tool to fill it with a neutral colour that contrasts against the black edge of the shield.

STEP 3 - (below,left) - Use the transparency tool to remove the black outline of the shield, then Merge All Layers > Select All > Cut > Paste. This groups everything onto a single layer and enables you to put objects behind that layer.

View attachment 331072 View attachment 331068

STEP 4 - (above, right) - Do an image search for your choice of textured background colour. As you may have already noticed in this thread, I favour gold edging on my logos - this one was the product of a search for "gold background" (shown smaller here because the site wouldn't let me post the large original).

STEP 5 - (below, left) - From the large original version of the gold background, copy and paste it into your shield image file. Move it down to the bottom layer so that it is only visible through the transparency that you created earlier. You can now see why the surrounding area is grey... to block out the rest of the gold. Using the cursor keys, position the gold so that the highlight effect running through it can be seen within that edging, to give it that metallic effect. Merge All Layers.

View attachment 331067 View attachment 331061

STEP 6 - (above, right) - BobbyMoore wanted his Inter Cardiff logo to have Internazionale style blue-and-black stripes. Knowing that I wanted to have some texture within the blue, I decided to search for black-and-white stripes and placed them into the central area using the same transparency and layer features that I have just demonstrated, to remove the white and place the stripes image behind the gold edging. The expanded black and white stripes image blurred a little at the edges of each black stripe, so I used the fill tool to make the stripes clearer and more distinct, being careful not to encroach into the gold edging with either the black or the white fills.

STEP 7 - (below, left) - Back to the transparency tool now to remove the white stripes, then > Merge All Layers > Select All > Cut > Paste. Do another image search, this time for a blue background.

View attachment 331066 View attachment 331064

STEP 8 - (above, right) - I decided that the textured dark blue area at the bottom left of this blue background was the most suitable for an Inter style blue stripe, so I enlarged the original quite a bit then flipped the image vertically and horizontally before taking it into the shield image file and placing it on the bottom layer. Then, with the cursor keys, I positioned it so that the textured portion was visible in the transparent stripe areas. Merge All Layers.

STEP 9 - (below, left) - The grey blocker has done its job now, so use the transparency tool to remove it - making sure not to damage the edges of the gold trim in the process. Merge All Layers. You can now select your preferred font and colours to add and position your text. Use the handles on your text box and the text alignment options to centre your copy across the width of the shield. I've gone with a font called Hattenschweiler Regular: 125pt for Inter Cardiff and 73pt for Football Club. I put spaces between each letter in the second line to achieve a similar width with a smaller font size, and the yellow provides a nice contrast against the white text and the blue-black background (plus I think yellow features in Inter's kit, too).

View attachment 331063 View attachment 331062

STEP 10 - (above, right) - An image search for a Welsh dragon, a bit more tomfoolery with the transparency tool and my gold background resulted in this handsome chap, to give this Inter team a distinctly Welsh flavour. The soccer ball image is from another search and one I use constantly to provide a visual balance to these logos. Click on the finished logo and you'll see that the dark line at the very top edge isn't really there.

I normally size logos at 400x400px for large preview, and then when people choose their favourites, I size them for FM at 180x180px for the main logo and 25x18px for the icon version.

I have a set of folders that I keep my shield templates, stripes, animals, footballs etc in for quick reference but when somebody requests something in particular, I go searching for it and continue to build up my library. Avoid any images with watermarks on - you're supposed to pay to use them.

- - -

Anyway, something different for my thread tonight since I was a bit tired. I have started on Glasgow Ultras for MrToad and will resume when I next return.

Last edited:
Yo Dude, these badges are so cool, quite an impressive collection! I wonder if you can makes me some

Team Name: Glasgow Ultras
Colours: Blue, White, Black
Badge shape: up to you
Features: could this have ultra fans with scottish flags and possibly flares and have a scottish theme, maybe bagpipe and drums in there somewhere

GLASGOW ULTRAS

View attachment 330770 View attachment 330769

View attachment 330768 View attachment 330767

MrToad - There weren't any usable images of Scottish fans so I have improvised with the Scottish flag, a bagpiper, a thistle and a GU logo for Glasgow Ultras. Let me know which you prefer and I'll resize it for FM.

Hey , really great job with the logos .I wonder if you could make some good looking logo for my clan ? We play football manager than CS : Go so no real football logo: POur team name is : Touch of GamingAnd We Started 2010 And are from Sweden :D Like your black / red logos with the devil

Team Name: Coventry Panthers
Colours: pink, sky blue, white
Badge shape: maybe circle
Features: feature an angry panther
Any other info: the words 'DENIED!' somewhere as a club motto

COVENTRY PANTHERS

View attachment 330749 View attachment 330748

View attachment 330747 View attachment 330746

Four options for Coventry Panthers, MrToad. Similar to some of the options I did for Berlin Panthers earlier in the thread, but I've steered more towards head shots with these. For version 2, remember that FM always shows logos next to the team name anyway and not all teams have their name in the logo (Wolves, for example).

Let me know which you prefer and I'll resize it for FM.

Last edited:
These are of high standards I thanks you for making them. For the Panthers could I have the bottom the bottom two as I cannot decide which one I like best :) numbers 3 & 4.

For the ultras I like bottom left very much number 3. Would it be too much to separate the name to the top above the shield and have the writings in black or dark blue - then I think this perfect

Kind regards, Mr. Toad

Team Name: Sagester
Colours: Grey, white, silver, black
Year Established : N/A
Badge shape : up to RocheyB
Features: i was think this should have an image/silhouette of a black ghospel choir singing i found a picture that show what i mean.
View attachment 700328
Any other info: the words 'search for the hero' as a motto. the team plays in a grey kit

SAGESTER

View attachment 330415 View attachment 330414

View attachment 330413

Three versions for Sagester. I forgot about the "Search for the hero" tagline until the third version - so request amends to either of the other two, if you want.

Last edited:
Yo RocheyB, for sagester could i have number 2 please with 'search for the hero'. AMAZING

Hi rochey-b

i was wondering if you could do a logo for me?

Team Name: FC Market Drayton
Colours: Green/Yellow
Year Established (leave blank if you don't want the year to appear in the badge): 2014
Badge shape (roundel / shield / up to rocheyb): unto you
Features: if i could get a gingerbread man somewhere?

many thanks!!

Dan
Any other info:

first of, can't imagine the work and effort you putting in these .. amazing and love every single bit of it
would love if you could do this for me, i'm not sure which team to go for, just make whatever you think would look better

Team Name: London United Jets FC or Rockets FC / or Gray Wolf United FC
Colours: Navy Blue and black and white / Gray and black and cream
Year Established (leave blank if you don't want the year to appear in the badge): -
Badge shape (roundel / shield / up to rocheyb): as you see fit
Features: Jets fighters or rockets or spaceships / gray wolf
Any other info: n/a

Thanks
a lot mate , which ever badge you would make i would make that club for it :)
and sorry for last edit if you already started

Last edited:
Great work rocheyb! :) I was wondering if you could do a logo for me.

Team Name: Dynamo Kaesong (디나모 개성시 in Korean so try the badge in both english and korean if possible)
Colours: Similar colour scheme to the one used in this flag (darkest blue as main colour) http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/k/kp-kaeso.gif
Year Established (leave blank if you don't want the year to appear in the badge): 2014
Badge shape (roundel / shield / up to rocheyb): Diamond
Features: Like a dark blue 2D pine tree outline in the middle
Any other info: