ROCHEYB'S CUSTOM LOGO CREATION Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter rocheyb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
Click the big image for a larger preview:
View attachment 1154152 View attachment 1154153 View attachment 1154154
CLUB BOURNEMOUTH
This design is based on the Augsburg template. I've used the yellow and light blue colourways, as requested, but it looked a bit too pale so I have also introduced a darker blue for greater contrast. Our silhouetted footballer is shooting into the back of the net, somewhere over the sea as though from Bournemouth beach. AFC Bournemouth are known as The Cherries, Bournemouth FC are The Poppies; you're lot could be The Bluebells or The Seasiders.

Thanks that is a great logo, my FM skin is just the normal default one

Some amazing work you have here! I am wondering if this would be possible:

Team Name: Berlin City Football Club

Colours/Badge Shape: Very similar in both respects to the New York City FC logo (attached). Basically just a change of name, and the centre letter to just B (or whatever you think suits better). Nice, simple, clean.
Established: 2016 (if needed)
View attachment 1153269

Thank you for your time

View attachment 60038 View attachment 60037 View attachment 60036
BERLIN CITY
Self-explanatory, I think.

Hi rocheyb.

Can you make me a Schalke 04 retro logo?

View attachment 1153416

Thank you so much.

View attachment 60030 View attachment 60029 View attachment 60028
SCHALKE 04
You want a retro design for Schalke 04 and having Googled it, I don't think I can improve upon this excellent effort by Design Football. I've just prepped it for FM by removing its original blue background and adding the thin outline so it can work against a black or white skin background in-game. You can see the original here: https://bit.ly/2GMbtAC

Last edited:
Hi Rocheyb's

I wanted to leave the request of this logo here

View attachment 1153648

____

EDIT: Btw, how's the project for the Gibraltar league?

View attachment 60003 View attachment 60002 View attachment 60001
GIBRALTAR APEX
I was hoping to concentrate on the Gibraltar Project this weekend but I have some work to do as well as picking off some stragglers on this thread. There are several requests here for several logos so I will do Gibraltar before I do them, likely this mid-week.

TO DO...

JVMin — SS Bergamo (Redux) - DONE
Lourenco — Gibraltar Project (x39 - Is Gibraltar Apex among them? If not, add it)
DJMorgan — Camden FC / Real Vigo Sporting Club / FC Kosmos Saint Petersburg - DONE
itzztheman — Globetrotters - DONE
RBROWN172 — Magpies / Catalans / Normania FA / 6 x Competition Logos
Niceman14 — Albuquerque 1706 / Oakland United / Baltimore Brigade SC / Austin Bold / El Paso Diablos / Tallahassee SC / Chicago River

From Twitter:
@billzytv — Merseyside United (Green-and-white; no reference to Liverpool or Everton) - DONE
Football Manager Dreamz — Profile header
Irons FM — Interview backdrop board

Last edited:
Hello can you make this for fm please
Team Name: Chippenham Eagles
Colours: Blue and white
Year Established: 2017
Badge shape (roundel / shield / up to rocheyb): Circle (or whatever is easiest)
Features: A Golden Eagle in the middle
Any other info: Year est at bottom of badge, name of team if possible to fit in at the top

Thanks very much!

View attachment 1154152 View attachment 1154153 View attachment 1154154
CLUB BOURNEMOUTH
This design is based on the Augsburg template. I've used the yellow and light blue colourways, as requested, but it looked a bit too pale so I have also introduced a darker blue for greater contrast. Our silhouetted footballer is shooting into the back of the net, somewhere over the sea as though from Bournemouth beach. AFC Bournemouth are known as The Cherries, Bournemouth FC are The Poppies; you're lot could be The Bluebells or The Seasiders.

Ey mate the silhouette footballer, that's a Supa Strikas character right?

Team Name: Washington Town AFC
Colours: white, gold, black
Year Established: 2016
Badge shape: any
Features: can you include a mighty ducks esk duck in there without the hockey stuff, the nick name of the club will be the mighty ducks love the film couldn’t resist lol.
Any other info: have fun with it can pick which ever colours you want as well if you think it looks nicer.

Last edited:
Tutorial

View attachment 1154173 View attachment 1154174 View attachment 1154175
SCHALKE 04
You want a retro design for Schalke 04 and having Googled it, I don't think I can improve upon this excellent effort by Design Football. I've just prepped it for FM by removing its original blue background and adding the thin outline so it can work against a black or white skin background in-game. You can see the original here: https://bit.ly/2GMbtAC

Thank you so much Rocheyb.

I'm trying to make my own logos but when I want to put curved names on a round shield I do not give. What program do you use to create these logos?
Where do you get the images to create them?

Thanks again.

Team Name: Rhondda FC
Colours: red and green
Year Established: 2016
Badge shape: round but pick whichever you think looks nicest
Features: a dragon somewhere in the middle similar to the one attached
Any other info: thank you

Thank you so much Rocheyb.

I'm trying to make my own logos but when I want to put curved names on a round shield I do not give. What program do you use to create these logos?
Where do you get the images to create them?

Thanks again.

Hi Maradona89,

I have an iMac and I bought Paint Pro from the Mac App Store — I've just checked and it now costs £9.99, which I think is £1 more than I paid about 5 years ago. I don't know what the equivalent would be on PC but I'm sure there is something. The trick of it is to master the transparency tool and to understand how layers work, both when active and when flattened.

Most logos use a shield, roundel or similar holding device. You can search online for "Shield Outline" to get simple black-and-white templates that provide the starting point for these badges. I have collected a library of them, together with some real team badges that I like and can use as templates — most of my roundels are based on the Manchester City template, now.

Scroll down on this linked page for a brief tutorial on how I create these logos (not roundels, specifically):
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/club...-rocheybs-custom-logo-creation-thread-35.html

For roundel logos, such as my own, I create the basic logo minus text in Paint Pro and then save it. Then I go into PowerPoint and insert the image; PowerPoint has a specific range of options for curving text, it just requires a bit of getting used to in order to size and position the text exactly as you want it and with an even curve — a bit of trial and error.

When you have the text as you want it, go to Save As... and opt for the .png format; follow the onscreen options. Then take the resulting image back into Paint Pro so can remove the background with the transparency tool. If you look closely at my logos, you'll see there is often a thin key line around them (where it appears that there isn't one there often is, it's just the same colour as the rest of the image); this is to hide the rough edges where removing the background takes the odd pixel from the edges of the foreground image.

I get images from Google searches. I used to work for a graphic design agency so I know better than to use anything that has a watermark on it, but as I also don't charge for this service I am able to use rights managed images under the guise of 'Proof of Concept'. Unless the requestor states what they want to feature in the badge, I research the relevant location of the team (most custom teams are based on a real place), its history, Coat of Arms, official flag, etc. mostly just on Wikipedia. The use of drop shadow or halo effects on searched images is often to obscure similarly rough edges; I can also zoom in very close and use the pencil tool to tidy up rogue pixels to achieve a polished finish.

Last edited:
Team Name: Camden FC
Colours: up to rocheyb
Year Established: not on this one
Badge shape; up to rocheyb
Features: up to rocheyb
Any other info: I would like it based around Camden Town and have Orange logo with a black outline if possible.

View attachment 59641 View attachment 59640 View attachment 59639
CAMDEN F.C.
You asked for orange with black outline. I've been to Camden Lock Market so initially I was looking for vectors of canal barges but there aren't any free decent ones available. I decided instead to look at the wildlife on Regents Canal and that brought me to this beautiful Mandarin duck, the likes of whom populate that area. But rather than have it dominate the badge, I have put black-and-orange stripes with a white pinstripe on the right hand side. The horizontal black bar running across the middle contains red and white roses — for that gypsy feel — and the Latin "Non Sibi Sed Toti" means "Not For the Self For All". The St.George's Cross in the bottom left corner grounds this as an English club (there's also a Camden in New Jersey).

Team Name: Camden FC
Any other info: I would like it based around Camden Town and have Orange logo with a black outline if possible.

View attachment 59606 View attachment 59605 View attachment 59604
CAMDEN F.C. (REDUX)
When I post up new badges in this thread and on Twitter, I always have a look at them on my iPhone to make sure they are as I want them. Looking at this one, I liked it but I saw one or two imperfections in it that I thought I could improve upon. The black stripes are now positioned further to the left so as to give a more visible orange section over on the lower right hand side. The flag of St.George is less lob-sided, though it's inevitable with it being confined to that curved window. A deeper horizontal bar means fewer but larger roses and with it positioned slightly higher, the Mandarin duck now sits in a more clearly defined rectangle. The stripes now blend into the outer shield at the top, middle and bottom of the badge with all of the orange sections bordered by the white key line.

Last edited:
Team Name: Real Vigo Sporting Club
Any other info: Real Vigo Sporting Club was a Spanish football club based in Vigo, Galicia. They later joined with their city rivals Real Fortuna Football Club to form Celta de Vigo.

View attachment 59600 View attachment 59599 View attachment 59598
REAL VIGO SPORTING CLUB
The mid-section showing the city of Vigo's Coat of Arms against red and white triangular sections is a straight depiction of the official flag of Vigo. I've then sampled colours from the background and foreground to populate the rest of the badge, using black outline on the text and on parts of the roundel to give some visual contrast. As I'm sure you know, "Real" means "Royal" in Spanish and in common with all of the clubs that feature that word in their name, this badge features the Spanish crown; it's usually positioned on top of the logo but as it was already in the Coat of Arms there is no point in duplicating it.

Team Name: FC Kosmos Saint Petersburg
Any other info: Was a Russian football team from Saint Petersburg. It played professionally in 1946, 1947 and from 1989 to 1993.

View attachment 59588 View attachment 59587 View attachment 59586
FC KOSMOS ST. PETERSBURG
This is a re-creation of a K logo that you can purchase online; I have re-drawn it and added the football. I've stuck with the original colours — red-white-and-black is a strong combination for a football club.

Last edited:
When you get time can i have the Rotherham County, FC Amsterdam & Club Francais with the 2016 year founded on please. As im going to use them in my FM17 game so the new club will start from 2016.

Click the big images for larger previews:
View attachment 59597 View attachment 59596 View attachment 59595
View attachment 59594 View attachment 59593 View attachment 59592
View attachment 59591 View attachment 59590 View attachment 59589
ROTHERHAM COUNTY / F.C. AMSTERDAM / CLUB FRANCAIS — 2016

Team Name: Kernow Celts
Year Founded: 2017
Colours you want included: Black and white (Cornish flag) Badge Shape: Preferably round but open to ideas.
Any extra Info: Something along the lines of this link would be good. Something that incorporates the Cornish flag and is modern-ish looking. Go wild!
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...l_400x400.jpeg

View attachment 1154655 View attachment 1154656 View attachment 1154657
CAMDEN F.C. (REDUX)
When I post up new badges in this thread and on Twitter, I always have a look at them on my iPhone to make sure they are as I want them. Looking at this one, I liked it but I saw one or two imperfections in it that I thought I could improve upon. The black stripes are now positioned further to the left so as to give a more visible orange section over on the lower right hand side. The flag of St.George is less lob-sided, though it's inevitable with it being confined to that curved window. A deeper horizontal bar means fewer but larger roses and with it positioned slightly higher, the Mandarin duck now sits in a more clearly defined rectangle. The stripes now blend into the outer shield at the top, middle and bottom of the badge with all of the orange sections bordered by the white key line.

Your attention to detail is awesome, thanks again.

Back