Rodrigo4073 442 Narrow Diamond - Plug and Play

what mentality do you use for away games? I use overload on mine and I hammered Man United 4-0 away.

IMO I wouldn't use counter on any away game and big teams because this just adds pressure to your own team especially when most opponents play with wingers and this tactic is a narrow diamond 4-4-2, your best bet is to use Control & Overload.

P.S just because your doing exactly what Rodrigo4073 does on his save doesn't mean the same performance & results are going to be the same for you

i totally agree, just that he won the league so comfortable so i was hoping i could at least challenge, but i will try the overload advice, its a good tactic, i see lots of CCC's and i can actually score them which was a problem, but its like i have to outscore the opponent because they will score. i drew 4-4 against west brom at home, i shouldn't be conceding 4 at home to west brom, but its typical FM, went it went to 4-2, i knew exactly what was going to happen

i totally agree, just that he won the league so comfortable so i was hoping i could at least challenge, but i will try the overload advice, its a good tactic, i see lots of CCC's and i can actually score them which was a problem, but its like i have to outscore the opponent because they will score. i drew 4-4 against west brom at home, i shouldn't be conceding 4 at home to west brom, but its typical FM, went it went to 4-2, i knew exactly what was going to happen
I understand you mate, its pretty unpredictable this FM. Try that overload advice (i didn't test that), or you can also try to UNTICK the Individual Instructions from the Box to Box midfielders "Mark Tighter", leaving only Shoot less often and "Get Further Forward". Anyways, i'm trying to sort these issues out in a another saves to make it more consistent, just as my Man Utd save. Good luck!

I understand you mate, its pretty unpredictable this FM. Try that overload advice (i didn't test that), or you can also try to UNTICK the Individual Instructions from the Box to Box midfielders "Mark Tighter", leaving only Shoot less often and "Get Further Forward". Anyways, i'm trying to sort these issues out in a another saves to make it more consistent, just as my Man Utd save. Good luck!

Just to update you, my Man U save magically got better, i didn't tweak anything, just had a team meeting and signed Florenzi and now i haven't conceded in 5 games and 2nd with a game in hand which if i win i will be 2pts behind and i gotta play the top team at home soon!

Its a good tactic, the defense was my issue and to be fair, i don't think its tactics, i just think its FM, because the goals i concede makes no sense, i tell them to close down less and drop deep, but then strikers still run in behind because my CB's choose to close down when they're not supposed to

Just to update you, my Man U save magically got better, i didn't tweak anything, just had a team meeting and signed Florenzi and now i haven't conceded in 5 games and 2nd with a game in hand which if i win i will be 2pts behind and i gotta play the top team at home soon!

Its a good tactic, the defense was my issue and to be fair, i don't think its tactics, i just think its FM, because the goals i concede makes no sense, i tell them to close down less and drop deep, but then strikers still run in behind because my CB's choose to close down when they're not supposed to

It is natural, that you conceding goals...you cant keep clean sheet whole season. Get faster defenders like doria, balanta etc...it will be better, but still they can make bad decision. Tactic is very balanced imo, now you need to manage your team, strenghten weak positions...everything is up to you. Make team meetings, motivate them, praising if they have ratings close to 8.00(until you are them favourite person), do right training and so on.

Very good tactic so far in season ;)

PS: If you are losing, change to ovearload in last 10 minutes or even earlier. I did that, and scored equalizer against very small club, which are very tough to beat.

Last edited:
After the FM update my tactic didn't work as well so I've started using this tactic. the problem is my best players in my team are wingers and there aren't no wingers used in your new tactic so I have a dilemma, what do you suggest?

After the FM update my tactic didn't work as well so I've started using this tactic. the problem is my best players in my team are wingers and there aren't no wingers used in your new tactic so I have a dilemma, what do you suggest?
Are they capable to play as wingbacks? Cause i'm working in a better version that uses wingbacks and they are the real menace to the opposition.

Are they capable to play as wingbacks? Cause i'm working in a better version that uses wingbacks and they are the real menace to the opposition.

I don't think so, i'm sure I can train them on a certain position though so I don't lose them.

If anyone want to try this version with wingbacks, i think it's pretty good, not so solid defensively but overpowers a lot of teams. Same instructions as the other tactic. I will show you some screens in a few hours.

Rodrigo4073 4-4-2 ND WB 1.5

Last edited:
Guys, i have something very good going on with a new version, and i think quite a different tactic but same formation (deserves a new post). But if anyone can help me with the testing i will be very grateful.

I have played an entire season with Crystal Palace with a previous version, without a few changes, finishing 5th, no transfers.

Then, with the final version, here are the results with NEwcastle (No transfers, treble):

DOWNLOAD LINK (MEDIAFIRE) DEVI INSPIRATION TACTIC 1.0

FINAL TABLE
5kn028.jpg

FINAL RESULTS
344y61j.jpg

2mdlydk.jpg

THE SQUAD

2r20hhl.jpg

MATCHES (THE LAST FEW GAMES, AGAINST CHELSEA, UNITED, AND EVERTON, I'M DOING A QUICK SAVE WITH ALMOST ZERO MANAGEMENT, YOU SHOULD CHECK THE AMOUNT OF CLEAR CUT CHANCES CREATED AGAINST THE AMOUNT CONCEDED, IT'S KEY, A VERY CONSISTENT TACTIC IN THIS SAVE)
2ywzgg8.jpg

312ir69.jpg

20gmayv.jpg

Last edited:
Finished season with Newcastle, unbeatable! No transfers, won Premier League (30 wins, 8 draws, 0 losses), FA Cup and Capital One Cup.

I will run a few more tests and see what happen, after that i will start a new thread, if anyone want me to test it with any team (from England, cause it's more competitive) tell me. Thanks!

Can you put up some screen shots of games with Newcastle if you can

Rodrigo4073, with what tactic at Newcastle? Could you just put a link here? The formation is still 4-1-2-1-2 ? Thanks!

Last edited:
Can you put up some screen shots of games with Newcastle if you can
Yeah mate, i will put some below.

Rodrigo4073, with what tactic at Newcastle? Could you just put a link here? The formation is still 4-1-2-1-2 ? Thanks!
Yes, same formation. The link is in the post number 91, but here you have it:

DOWNLOAD LINK (MEDIAFIRE) DEVI INSPIRATION TACTIC 1.0

FINAL TABLE
5kn028.jpg

FINAL RESULTS
344y61j.jpg

2mdlydk.jpg

THE SQUAD

2r20hhl.jpg

MATCHES (THE LAST FEW GAMES, AGAINST CHELSEA, UNITED, AND EVERTON, I'M DOING A QUICK SAVE WITH ALMOST ZERO MANAGEMENT, YOU SHOULD CHECK THE AMOUNT OF CLEAR CUT CHANCES CREATED AGAINST THE AMOUNT CONCEDED, IT'S KEY, A VERY CONSISTENT TACTIC IN THIS SAVE)
2ywzgg8.jpg

312ir69.jpg

20gmayv.jpg

Last edited:
Seems a beast! Do you use any Opposition Instructions? Have you any setup included for attack corner - 'bug'?

Seems a beast! Do you use any Opposition Instructions? Have you any setup included for attack corner - 'bug'?

NO opposition instructions. It's everything just like the OP, i changed a few individual instructions and general instructions. Set pieces for attacking corners are included, but i really hate defending corners, i left it blank i think, you should try whatever you think is better.

Running a new test with West Ham (no transfers), i know it's only a friendly against one of the worst teams possible, but still, a pretty promising start!

2a6rsow.jpg

atletico madrid!

What formation do you have for atletico madrid and players?

Hi could someone pls put some screen shots up of the individual player instructions...thanks.

Back