Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Scott Dann

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Both

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters
Maybe Dann in a friendly or so, but I don't see him as a future CB for England. Johnson, no, he isnt good enough for England in my opinion. Voted neither as I think Cahill, Shawcross, King, Dawson and Lescott are all more worthy of the spot.

Maybe Dann in a friendly or so, but I don't see him as a future CB for England. Johnson, no, he isnt good enough for England in my opinion. Voted neither as I think Cahill, Shawcross, King, Dawson and Lescott are all more worthy of the spot.

The others, yes, but not Cahill, i don't see why he's rated so highly....

Very good promising young centre half, can also play a bit.

cahill, good young defender, almost as comfortable as rio on the ball, something we need badly

Scott Dann is also a very good promising young centre-half, why isn't he given a chance?

Scott Dann is also a very good promising young centre-half, why isn't he given a chance?
becuase cahill is better. we know it, and much more importantly, capello knows it. ive said my piece, im off

We were going to sign Cahill at one point but he chose Bolton instead. Anyway realisticly Dann and Johnson are never going to be called up for England unless there is a massive injury problem, don't get me wrong they are great players and mabye even to good for blues but I don't feel there England Quality.

I think Dann is a pretty good player, probably overlooked because he plays for a more unfashionable club but hey it happens, Saha didn't make the France team until he moved to United. As for King, I've never understood why there is so much hype about him but I've never really seen him play on a regular basis, haven't been too impressed when he's played Fulham though. I'd quite happily see Dann called up ahead of Upson in all honesty.

I think Scott Dann should get a call up and a chance to play. If he fails he fails. He is young and will only improve

If Dann and Johnson played for England anytime soon, we may aswell call the game off because we'll have some serious injury problems.

Johnson is better than Lescott. If anything he should be a squad player

Rojo and Dann are better than Cahill, Shawcross, Upson and probably Lescott.

That's unbiased, any person that watches them reguarly would see this, unlike most players nowadays they live to play football, they will do anything to stop the ball from going Ito that net, and will no doubt week in week out play to the best of their ability.

The reason they aren't in the squad as Jack said is because they don't play for a big club, if they played centre back for Man United with current ability and form, they'd play for England.

A sad truth.

:'(

I don't think there good enough tbh, but i haven't seen that much of them so shall be looking out for them now.

The reason they aren't in the squad as Jack said is because they don't play for a big club, if they played centre back for Man United with current ability and form, they'd play for England.

Yeah, I forgot how Shawcross, Upson and Cahill all play for massive top five clubs.

Let's face it. They're very good centre backs, but no way are they world class. They're organised and strong, but neither of them will ever be better than Terry. Johnson's in his prime, and he's doing well, but he's not top class. Dann has a little more room to manouvre, so we'll see. Until then, no.

I don't think there good enough tbh, but i haven't seen that much of them so shall be looking out for them now.

The first part of that sums this whole debate up really:

'i don't think there good enough tbh, but I haven't seen that much of them'

Think of it this way, without Joey Hart and these two, last year we'd never have finished 9th. The amount of times they save us that aren't shown on the 30 seconds we get on MotD is ridiculous. I guarantee you that if you watch an entire game with Rojo and Dann playing, you wouldn't be able to deny their ability in comparison to the other English centre back choices.

Yeah, I forgot how Shawcross, Upson and Cahill all play for massive top five clubs.

Let's face it. They're very good centre backs, but no way are they world class. They're organised and strong, but neither of them will ever be better than Terry. Johnson's in his prime, and he's doing well, but he's not top class. Dann has a little more room to manouvre, so we'll see. Until then, no.

Only two English centre half's are world class though, Rio and Terry (despite of klose). I'd be just as confident with Dann as centre half as I would if Upson, Lescott, Cahill or Shawcross were playing there for England.

Only two English centre half's are world class though, Rio and Terry (despite of klose). I'd be just as confident with Dann as centre half as I would if Upson, Lescott, Cahill or Shawcross were playing there for England.

Hmm. Maybe so. Personally I'd have Lescott and Cahill over him. IMO, he's better than that donkey Upson, and Shawcross needs to be more consistent. Lescott's recovering from his slump in form, and Cahill's a superb ball-player, so I think I'd take either of those two over Dann. Oh, and Dawson and King, obviously, but that goes without saying. I'd also rather have Jagielka.

dann is ******* amazing, i would put him in the england squad any day of the week. he is easier better then Upson and shawcross