Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Scott Dann

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Both

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters
Only two English centre half's are world class though, Rio and Terry (despite of klose). I'd be just as confident with Dann as centre half as I would if Upson, Lescott, Cahill or Shawcross were playing there for England.

Another point that shows even more so why they should be in the squad is that the majority of those already in contention are very injury prone.

I can't remember the last time either of them missed a league match, Scott had a bit of a problem a few weeks ago and was rested for a cup match, in which Rojo led as captain. Considering the criticisms we are getting for the national team I don't see why giving them a go would be a bad move.

Inexperience? They can't get international experience if you're scared to give them a shot, see how it goes. Take Joe Hart for example, Fabio was pretty scared to put him in go for us because of inexperience, now he's pretty unrivalled as number one, as much as I'd like Foster to be number one, Birmingham will always love Joe Hart.

Pweez Mr. Capello? ;)

Rojo and Dann are better than Cahill, Shawcross, Upson and probably Lescott.

That's unbiased, any person that watches them reguarly would see this, unlike most players nowadays they live to play football, they will do anything to stop the ball from going Ito that net, and will no doubt week in week out play to the best of their ability.

The reason they aren't in the squad as Jack said is because they don't play for a big club, if they played centre back for Man United with current ability and form, they'd play for England.

A sad truth.

:'(

Kevin Davies.

So if you're a centre back and not a big club, you don't get called up. But if you're a striker and play at a small club you do.

I get it now.

Wheater for England.

So if you're a centre back and not a big club, you don't get called up. But if you're a striker and play at a small club you do.

I get it now.

tbf Davies is 33 and only got called up becuase of a injurt crisis and heskey turnt the side down.

OK.

So Darrent Bent plays for a big club? Matthew Upson? both fairly regular in or around the squad for a while now.

Gary Cahill? Scott Carson? Shawcross? Baines? Carlton Cole and Bobby Zamora.

Plus Heskey was regularly in the squad as a Birmingham player.

All recent call ups not playing at big teams. There's a reason these two haven't been called up.

I get it now.

Wheater for England.

Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Bent and Heskey would all be in the team instead of Davies. He's in form and is good at what he does, I don't particuarly rate him but he's a decent finisher and great in the air.

Johnson and Dann however, in the list of our centre halves should only be behind Terry and Ferdinand.

OK.

So Darrent Bent plays for a big club? Matthew Upson? both fairly regular in or around the squad for a while now.

All recent call ups not playing at big teams. There's a reason these two haven't been called up.

westham are still a bigger club then Birmingham, everton are fairly big. Zamora is because of the media coverage, carson, we have no goalie. Upson is a big name player, he played for arsenal.

Bent scored loads of goals, and used to play for spurs.

The only reason these 2 havent been called up is because brum are still a relevative small club, in terms of these other clubs.

Johnson and Dann however, in the list of our centre halves should only be behind Terry and Ferdinand.

Above Jagielka? Seriously? Above a fit Dawson?

There's generally a reason players play for big clubs, you know, and it's because they are of a higher quality than ones at other clubs. Hence the reason why Dawson is at Spurs and has been capped for England, and Johnson isn't and hasn't.

westham are still a bigger club then Birmingham, everton are fairly big. Zamora is because of the media coverage, carson, we have no goalie. Upson is a big name player, he played for arsenal.

The only reason these 2 havent been called up is because brum are still a relevative small club, in terms of these other clubs.

Zamora got coverage for playing well.
Upson can be reliable, but I dont see why Jagielka doesnt replace him, maybe thats because of injuries though.
Bent scored loads of goals, exactly. If these to play well enough they will get their chance, just not international standard yet.

OK.

Plus Heskey was regularly in the squad as a Birmingham player.

Same thing again Redders,

Bent is quality yet a striker (previously explained)
Upson isn't as good as Rojo or Dann
Neither is Cahill
Carson is behind Joey<3, Foster<3 and Green
Shawcross is nowhere near as good as Rojo or Dann, or even Matty Upson
Baines plays for Everton, a club in Europe...
Carlton Cole is always injured therefore not a consistent option
Zamora is injured now, and plays for a team that were European finalists last term

What was the point of that post?

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

There's generally a reason players play for big clubs, you know, and it's because they are of a higher quality than ones at other clubs. Hence the reason why Dawson is at Spurs and has been capped for England, and Johnson isn't and hasn't.

So, you'd rather have two unfit centre backs than to fit ones?

I already made the point that the majority of out centre backs are injury prone.

the thing is, dann especially, who i think is better then Johnson, is good enought to play for one of these clubs. I certainly wouldnt cry if utd brought him. He is class.

Zamora got coverage for playing well.
Upson can be reliable, but I dont see why Jagielka doesnt replace him, maybe thats because of injuries though.
Bent scored loads of goals, exactly. If these to play well enough they will get their chance, just not international standard yet.

Dann is also playing well, and has been for 14 months now. they are playing better then most there rivals for these positions, I watched something a few weeks back, if the england team was picked like the ryder cup team. Dann would be the starting centre back, now that was rated on pass completion, tackles made and success, clearance made and goals scored. so try and tell me he isnt playing well.

Same thing again Redders,

Bent is quality yet a striker (previously explained)
Upson isn't as good as Rojo or Dann
Neither is Cahill

Carson is behind Joey<3, Foster<3 and Green
Shawcross is nowhere near as good as Rojo or Dann, or even Matty Upson
Baines plays for Everton, a club in Europe...
Carlton Cole is always injured therefore not a consistent option
Zamora is injured now, and plays for a team that were European finalists last term

All the bolded are opinions, and biased ones at that.

So, you'd rather have two unfit centre backs than to fit ones?

I already made the point that the majority of out centre backs are injury prone.
Whilst I won't deny Jags has had a bad time with injuries of late, Dawson is hardly injury prone. I reiterate, however: the reason they're at big clubs is because they're of a higher quality.

the thing is, dann especially, who i think is better then Johnson, is good enought to play for one of these clubs. I certainly wouldnt cry if utd brought him. He is class.

Maybe so, but Sir Alex in all his wisdom hasn't bought him. Could be for a number of reasons, admittedly, but I'd be willing to bet that it's because he simply isn't good enough.

Last edited:
All the bolded are opinions, and biased ones at that.

Whilst I won't deny Jags has had a bad time with injuries of late, Dawson is hardly injury prone. I reiterate, however: the reason they're at big clubs is because they're of a higher quality.

Let's go for this method of proving to you you're wrong then; How many times have you seen Rojo and Dann play a full match together? I'm not talking about match of the day, I'm talking about the full 90 minutes. It is not opinions, it is fact that Dann is better, I'm not to sure about Rojo but in my opinion Roger's better than Scott.

Nonetheless, people who reguarly watch them (Not necessairily Blues fans) can see why they should be playing for England)

Maybe so, but Sir Alex in all his wisdom hasn't bought him. Could be for a number of reasons, admittedly, but I'd be willing to bet that it's because he simply isn't good enough.

Or Possibly we dont need a centre Back? it was more me saying he is top side quality, i am sure if plenty of clubs had the money they would buy him. Tbh he wouldnt look out of place in any side in the EPL. As my previous post explains, he is actually the top performing english centre back over the past 14 months.

Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Bent and Heskey would all be in the team instead of Davies. He's in form and is good at what he does, I don't particuarly rate him but he's a decent finisher and great in the air.

LOL that's all. This just the biased ramblings of a Blues fan.

So why aren't Dann and Johnson getting media coverage? When Birmingham were so tight last year it was all down to Hart, wasn't it?

Upson a big name player? Really? Does that mean any ex-Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City/Tottenham player who still plays in the premiership should be in or around the England squad?

Let's go for this method of proving to you you're wrong then; How many times have you seen Rojo and Dann play a full match together? I'm not talking about match of the day, I'm talking about the full 90 minutes. It is not opinions, it is fact that Dann is better, I'm not to sure about Rojo but in my opinion Roger's better than Scott.

Nonetheless, people who reguarly watch them (Not necessairily Blues fans) can see why they should be playing for England)

I hate this method of arguing with a passion. If we used this reasoning, I could justify the inclusion of Ciaran Clark and Nathan Baker into the England team immediately, because I've seen them play together many times and I'm telling you that they're quality. Prove me wrong? Oh no, you can't, even though it's logic at work here, you can't tell me otherwise because you haven't seen them play. And it is most CERTAINLY your opinion that Dann is better. All football is opinion. There is no fact in it apart from cold statistics, and they most definitely do not tell the whole story.

I honestly thought this was a joke when I read the title...

.. now I realise some of you are srs..

Lame.

All this ''I've seen them play 90 minutes together'' stuff doesn't wash.

Clubs have scouts, scouts who go to games specifically to watch players for 90 minutes.

The fact that the pair of them have been playing regularly in the premier league for a while now and haven't been taken by a big club would suggest that they aren't good enough.....

The FA also has scouts who go to games specifically to watch players who are potential national team candidates, what a surprise neither has been called up (even as a replacement after injury to others) for England.

As i said in my first post, they aren't world class, they dont deserve to play ahead of our best pairing when fit; JT & Rio. They deserve at best to be discussed as potential alternatives to the likes of King, Dawson Jagielka, Cahill, Upson etc.

Last edited: